DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Honest job

LonelyDusk_

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Lumya_
Honeybadger Dark Follower Werewolf
Hello there, I want to bring one of my ideas and I hope they can be useful, I will explain each passage.

1] Job in general
We know that from level 40 above it begins to be difficult to gain exp and some people don't like (also because of the other things to do) being online for hours or don't like too much farming regardless. So I want to introduce jobs.

2] How does it work?
I was thinking of putting level 45 as the requirement, we can choose 3 different jobs like: Brewing potions, Cooking and Grinding materials.
I was also thinking of putting jobs in all cities, for example: I am a young witch who wants to work in London, or in the end I decide to work in Riddleyard. When we choose the profession we want to occupy and the city, we undergo a week or a month of trial. If we like it or we satisfy the requirement, we can be official imployee.

3] Reward
After finishing our work, we are rewarded with exp or gold, or both (but they are halved), it depends on which level we are. To not making so easy gaining exp or gold, we can do our jobs for 4-5 times a day.

That's all, I hope you liked my suggestion and I want to mention that it's just a sketch, so in case it will be accepted, you can decide the final form of this new system. ^^

Last edited:

Aspasia

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ShatterdHeart
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Sr. Builder SPEW Drooble's Order Arena Squire
I agree with adding jobs but we had professions in the past that were removed when revelius came around. But maybe more wizardry themed jobs would make more sense and once you complete a day full of work you'll get a reward. The day's work would be like quests and there are quests under the profession. For example,

You want to be a Magizoologist you go to a certain location talk to an NPC (preferably the boss) and that would start that day's quest for the job. You'll have to maintain creatures and yeah.

LonelyDusk_

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Lumya_
Honeybadger Dark Follower Werewolf
I agree with adding jobs but we had professions in the past that were removed when revelius came around. But maybe more wizardry themed jobs would make more sense and once you complete a day full of work you'll get a reward. The day's work would be like quests and there are quests under the profession. For example,

You want to be a Magizoologist you go to a certain location talk to an NPC (preferably the boss) and that would start that day's quest for the job. You'll have to maintain creatures and yeah.
Ow, I have no idea about their removal, but seeing people complaining about exp I think it's necessary a new way of gaining exp or gold, something we can enjoy and earn at the same time. I like the idea of putting more jobs

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @LonelyDusk_!

Thank you for taking the time and consideration on making your suggestion, as we're always looking for ways to improve the server and make it fun and fair for all players! I'll bring up your suggestion to the rest of the Poltergeist team, and from there, we'll go into further discussion. Once a decision has been made by the leadership team, I'll return with a response as soon as possible.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Llama

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: iSpitLikeALlama
Auralock Griffin Werewolf
This isn't a bad idea. It would definitely give graduates more gameplay, and would help Potterworld develop more into an RPG. The only problem I can think of is it would unbalance the economy and possibly be too strong.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello again @LonelyDusk_!

Thank you once more for making this suggestion! I've returned to inform you that after much discussion from the Leadership team, they have decided to decline this suggestion. Regardless of this decision, we are working on a few things that may address some of the mentioned ideas, so hopefully, this will be done sometime in the future.

Have a fantastic day!