DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Housepoint Counters

Jake Cresswell

Notable Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: jake_ft
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Lead Prefect Discord Moderator Jr. Professor SPEW Sr. Architect Store Intern Drooble's Order Lead
I don't know if this has been suggested before but I think the house point hourglasses in the great hall should mirror the current housepoint totals.
Maybe it would have to be particles so that the map doesn't have to be changed but even then it would still be cool.
Like every 5000 housepoints it would fill up by one more block or something like that.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Aloha @jake_ft!

On behalf of the Poltergeist team, we'd like to thank you for making this suggestion and sharing it with us! I personally think that this would be a pretty cool addition and add a bit of immersion/make it realistic. At this time, I'll have it be brought up to the rest of the staff team for further discussion. Afterwards, the Leadership team will discuss a final decision, and once a decision has been made, I'll return to you with a response as soon as possible!

Have a happy holiday and a new year!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya again @jake_ft!

After carefully reviewing this suggestion, the Leadership team has decided to decline it, unfortunately. While showing the hourglass blocks filling up is a detail that would be a lovely aspect for immersion, we feel that it is not necessary to add. When trying to find how many House Points each house has, we have /hp in-game and a leaderboard in the Discord. This type of addition would also require a bit of work, and it would be tricky to work out how to divide the house points between the blocks on the hourglasses, as House Points tend to fluctuate a lot.

While we won't be adding the hourglass blocks filling up, the House Points counter in the Great Hall currently opens a GUI that shows you the current House Points when you click it. However, it's not noticeable at the moment because of the lack of particles and players might not know about it, so we will be adding particles to make it more noticeable, which will hopefully be live soon!

We hope that you understand this decision, and despite this, we also hope that you continue to create more suggestions or feedback in the future! Thank you again and have a nice day!

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Greetings, @Jake Cresswell !

After some work, we have decided to change our decision for this suggestion. We're happy to say that with some more tech we now have made the hourglasses move according to house points earned! These can be seen in the Great Hall, and you can still click the hourglasses to see more detailed stats on the house points. This was added in the Gameplay Update 1.8.4 which you can read more about here.

We hope you enjoy the new addition and thank you for creating this suggestion. I hope you have a fantastic day!