DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Housing Hub

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
This idea stems from being in /housing whilst teleporting to a /game which eventually places me back to /hub after I finish a game. It's not a big deal, but I guess it's more QoL related? After being teleported back to the /hub from a game, I'm unable to do /housing so I have to rejoin the main world and do the command again. The easy suggestion is to enable the /housing command whilst in /hub or redirect us to a main world instead, but I think an actual Housing Hub would be interesting to see which could feature a few things!

This Housing Hub could be a redirect for players who were originally in their own /housing but went to a /game and got teleported back.
The /housing command could teleport players to this Housing Hub.
And global chat should be shown in the hub too.
It could include NPCs:
  • A player's own NPC (with their skin) to teleport back to their own house.
  • A Loaded Housing Plots NPC.
  • Ernie's Estates NPC to make it convenient for players who want to upgrade their plot.
  • The Mary Weaselby Housing Sceneries NPC for easy access - possibly a way to include a temporary 1 minute view with a player's own housing and the scenery in the shop.
  • Housing Promoter NPCs, similar to ones bought in Vertick, but it would only redirect players to another player's housing instead of what's in their shop. This could help players promote their own housing build if they want to. Could be limited to 10 Housing Promoters.
The Housing Hub could be similar in size to player islands. And the build could be a variety of building styles to show off how creative players can get with their own builds. It could range from a dirt house to a mini mansion. The builds could be mashed together instead of having them separated. Or keep it simple.

Miki Willows-Vitale

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MikiMau7
Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Werewolf Prefect Jr. Professor Class Design Jr. Architect
That sounds really cool! I’d love to be able to see what my build looks like without having to purchase each one, so that was a great point.

Love this idea!

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello there @Somnambulist !

Thank you for creating this suggestion! We always appreciate ideas given by players on how to improve the server. I will bring up this idea to the rest of the Poltergeist team so we can talk about it and reach a decision. Once we get a decision I will be back to inform you what was decided, so keep an eye on this thread!

Thank you once again and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Hi hi @Somnambulist !

Sadly, this suggestion has mostly been declined. We do not want to add a whole new hub for housing that will likely not be used very much and feel it would be a bit unnecessary, therefore, we are unfortunately not interested in pursuing this idea. We feel the menu in /housing is convenient for players to access from anywhere and feel players would rather do this than head to the housing hub. Giving the player the option to view their own housing with a scenery in the scenery shop would be difficult for us to implement.

Additionally, we will not be enabling /housing in the hub, as mentioned here. We are rather going to be fixing the bug that sends players back to the hub when they come from a minigame, and send them rather to the live world. We're not sure when we'll get this done, but it will hopefully be in the near future.

Regardless, thank you for creating this suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Hello @Somnambulist !

I'm happy to update that players who were in housing prior to joining a minigame will now be sent to the live world once exiting the minigame.

We hope this makes the game more enjoyable! Have a fantastic day!