DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Housing reset

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
Hey there.

It wasn't without surprise that I learned about the non-existant (or very well hidden) "reset" option for the players to use when they wish to wipe their whole housing terrain. So here I am, suggesting that it should either be presented very clearly (if it exists already) or simply added to the housing elf menu if not in the game currently.

Of course, I feel like some criteria should be set for them to avoid abuse if this possibility is not available at the current time. I'll state a couple suggestions below and I'd love to hear your opinion on them afterwards.

1. Cooldown;
2. Description about its usage (content about to be reset);
3. Suggestions of where to stock items for the transition (eg. Grimlotts);
4. Confirmation menu.

There might also be a simpler way around this to save all items from being completely erased. What are your thoughts on this ?

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
honestly i dont see how this could be abused. pickaxes are so pricy its better to just buy cobble and dirt, so idk the need for a cooldown.
Interesting. In terms of abuse, I was thinking about the ressources it requires for housing servers to process this option and what would happen to them if multiple people were to reset their housing repeatedly (eg. scenery switch is on a 1 minute cooldown). That said, I do not know enough about the way instances are used/function for housing plots to further develop on the risks of abuse, which I judge as low nonetheless.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Interesting. In terms of abuse, I was thinking about the ressources it requires for housing servers to process this option and what would happen to them if multiple people were to reset their housing repeatedly (eg. scenery switch is on a 1 minute cooldown). That said, I do not know enough about the way instances are used/function for housing plots to further develop on the risks of abuse, which I judge as low nonetheless.
yeah i could totally see like a 24 hour cool down in that case

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
Yes please! Having to redo your entire housing by breaking blocks and buying pickaxes is so much gold. I know people who are constantly changing their alleigances in RP so the housing reset would benefit them.

Sof

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: oldromantics
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I would LOVE to see this (I’ve been wanting to re-do my housing for a while now), but as someone with chests upon chests upon chests of storage on my housing, I’d be afraid of losing something accidentally. One of the only issues I can see is the possibility of someone losing items/collectibles/etc in a housing reset and having to deal with the process of (possibly) getting the items restored. I think this would be an irregular occurrence, though, and as long as there’s proper information and instructions regarding storing items, I think this would be an amazing thing to implement.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @Wildsam!

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestions! However, a similar thread to this has been brought up, which is here, and is currently on hold. This idea is being planned, but it’ll take a while to make sure no issues will arise from it. We’ll take your additional suggestions into consideration, so keep an eye out once this idea is implemented. We hope you continue to bring up more suggestions with us in the near future!

Have a wonderful day!