DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Housing Suggestions

kiarralish

Magician
Minecraft IGN: kiarralish
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
Since Revelius has came out one thing that I have really enjoyed was building with the new texture pack. In fact! The other day I built my friend a small house on their plot and through that experience I have three suggestions for housing to make building, specifically on other peoples' plots, much easier. My first and main suggestion is to have the ability to buy blocks via House Elf on any housing plot, or if not every housing plot then the housing plots you are a resident on. Being a resident on a housing plot means having the ability to build on it and as such the player should be able to purchase the materials and tools to build. My second suggestion is to allow house fly on other plots if you are a resident of that plot and have bought house fly OR if the housing plot owner has purchased house fly and you are a resident. I purchased house fly awhile back and since then I have built more on other plots then my own so this ability would make building alot easier and more fun! Lastly, one feature I really liked with the old housing was the ability to get food from the house elf. Casting a healing spell every few minutes to replenish hunger can become quite annoying and I liked the old system of just eating food or getting your hunger replenished like you do in the great hall when you click on food.

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hello, thank you for posting this, we will talk about all three ideas and let you know what our thoughts are on them soon!

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Since Revelius has came out one thing that I have really enjoyed was building with the new texture pack. In fact! The other day I built my friend a small house on their plot and through that experience I have three suggestions for housing to make building, specifically on other peoples' plots, much easier. My first and main suggestion is to have the ability to buy blocks via House Elf on any housing plot, or if not every housing plot then the housing plots you are a resident on. Being a resident on a housing plot means having the ability to build on it and as such the player should be able to purchase the materials and tools to build. My second suggestion is to allow house fly on other plots if you are a resident of that plot and have bought house fly OR if the housing plot owner has purchased house fly and you are a resident. I purchased house fly awhile back and since then I have built more on other plots then my own so this ability would make building alot easier and more fun! Lastly, one feature I really liked with the old housing was the ability to get food from the house elf. Casting a healing spell every few minutes to replenish hunger can become quite annoying and I liked the old system of just eating food or getting your hunger replenished like you do in the great hall when you click on food.
They took away hunger, so that doesn't really apply for the third request. And for the first original idea, I'm pretty sure that'd be easy to do considering you can already do this in your own housing.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
They took away hunger, so that doesn't really apply for the third request. And for the first original idea, I'm pretty sure that'd be easy to do considering you can already do this in your own housing.
For some reason, you still lose hunger in your housing. I don't think they'll add food back, considering that you probably shouldn't lose hunger in your housing, but maybe they can fix it

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Hello @kiarralish!
Thank you so much for coming forward with your three ideas! After a lot of discussion with the poltergeist team, we have decided to accept your first one regarding buying blocks from house-elves on other players plots since we can see how it will be very helpful when building on others plots. The suggestion about /house fly is a duplicate of another thread found here and has already been accepted! Finally, your last suggestion has been denied since we are currently planning to disable hunger entirely, both in housing and in live worlds and create a GUI where players can toggle cake appearances. Once again, thank you for coming forward with these ideas and we hope to see more suggestions from you in the future.
Have a wonderful day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello everyone,

I'm very pleased to inform you that the mine depot is now accessible from all housings via the house elf. As the /house fly suggestion is a duplicate and the hunger one was declined, I'll therefore be marking this thread as complete.
I hope you enjoy this QoL change and thank you for suggesting this to us!