DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

How to differentiate players' ghosts in gauntlet

do you agree?

• yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Takalo

Notable Magician
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Takalo
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Drooble's Order
We have all been waiting for it: a second gauntlet!
It's been announced, its being implemented. But before you copy everything from the first gauntlet let's make some changes to improve both possibilities of players battleing bosses and stepping up to the challenge!

In a gauntlet, if you die, the spot where you died gets marked by putting a ghost on that exact spot. The players who are still alive then get the chance to revive you with a medkit so that you can step up to the challenge once more.
so that you cannot miss the shot, your ghosts are made visible by outlining them shiny as seen in pictures below.
Your ghosts are also assigned your ingame name so that people know who they revive.

The name is very usefull to us in gauntlet since there are people who are specialized in healing the players while in the gauntlet. If a healer dies players can look at their name and revive the person so that the round is safed! the bad side: lavapits

With players dying in lavapits it is impossible to see the name of the player. With zoom you have a bit better chance of seeing the name but it is also pretty hard in the midsts of a battle going on (I have made some screenshots of two lovely angels who died for me in a gauntlet very many thanks to you sacrificing your lives for this post)
With the gauntleteers not being able to see the name it is pretty much random if you revive the right person in the pit or not meaning: your chance of winning goes (n).

While encountering exactly that problem me and my fellow gauntleteers came to the idea of assigning every player a colour in the beginning of a gauntlet. that colour could be assigned random or by alphabetical order or however you want it to be. the ghost of the player dying in unfortunate ways can get outlined by that colour of the player so that the healers can be found easier within the corpses of teammates.
This would help players that don't use labymod or optifine to find the players in need.
I personally believe that this would be a great addition to the gauntlet right now as well as the next one coming up which we have all been waiting for.
This has been a long text for a small suggestion wanting to be implemented as soon as possible. I hope you weren't bored and I will see you ingame!

~Ju Crestello

Pictures:
ghost outline:
1683150952596.png

with zoom:

1683151022678.png

without zoom:
1683151084443.png

Possible ghost outline colour:
1683151140118.png

Takalo

Notable Magician
Drooble's Order
Forgot to add that the colors could be visible in the scoreboard as well so that you know who‘s ghost color is which player

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
While encountering exactly that problem me and my fellow gauntleteers came to the idea of assigning every player a colour in the beginning of a gauntlet. that colour could be assigned random or by alphabetical order or however you want it to be. the ghost of the player dying in unfortunate ways can get outlined by that colour of the player so that the healers can be found easier within the corpses of teammates.
I'm assuming that you can choose a position in gauntlets since you mentioned Healers - why not assign the color based on the player's position? Healer could be white or blue I guess.

Takalo

Notable Magician
Drooble's Order
I'm assuming that you can choose a position in gauntlets since you mentioned Healers - why not assign the color based on the player's position? Healer could be white or blue I guess.
If you are healer or damage dealer depends on your gear set. It is not choosable in the gauntlet itself (which could also be a cool idea for gauntlet that you can choose your role similar to the the dueling talents so that everyone has the same chance of winning (no gear needeed-> lvl 71 players actually being able to play)

Last edited:

Takalo

Notable Magician
Drooble's Order
We have all been waiting for it: a second gauntlet!
It's been announced, its being implemented. But before you copy everything from the first gauntlet let's make some changes to improve both possibilities of players battleing bosses and stepping up to the challenge!

In a gauntlet, if you die, the spot where you died gets marked by putting a ghost on that exact spot. The players who are still alive then get the chance to revive you with a medkit so that you can step up to the challenge once more.
so that you cannot miss the shot, your ghosts are made visible by outlining them shiny as seen in pictures below.
Your ghosts are also assigned your ingame name so that people know who they revive.

The name is very usefull to us in gauntlet since there are people who are specialized in healing the players while in the gauntlet. If a healer dies players can look at their name and revive the person so that the round is safed! the bad side: lavapits

With players dying in lavapits it is impossible to see the name of the player. With zoom you have a bit better chance of seeing the name but it is also pretty hard in the midsts of a battle going on (I have made some screenshots of two lovely angels who died for me in a gauntlet very many thanks to you sacrificing your lives for this post)
With the gauntleteers not being able to see the name it is pretty much random if you revive the right person in the pit or not meaning: your chance of winning goes (n).

This would help players that don't use labymod or optifine to find the players in times of need.
I personally believe that this would be a great addition to the gauntlet right now as well as the next one coming up which we have all been waiting for.
This has been a long text for a small suggestion wanting to be implemented as soon as possible. I hope you weren't bored and I will see you ingame!

~Ju Crestello

Pictures:
ghost outline: View attachment 3104
with zoom:

View attachment 3105
without zoom:
View attachment 3106
Possible ghost outline colour:
View attachment 3107

how do I delete a reply help
I wanted to edit sth

Ismo

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Ismoo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hiya @Takalo and everyone else who responded to this suggestion!

We really love this idea and think it's fantastic! However, we've found that it's unfortunately too hard to do on the server. When players die, their death location is marked with an AST of a ghost, and their name. This is not linked to the player's tab/prefix colour at all, and therefore there isn't an easy way we can get the ghosts to glow in different colours. We really did like this suggestion, but unfortunately it is being declined because it is not possible for us to implement.

Regardless, thank you for your suggestion, and I hope you have a good rest of your day/night!