DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Increase the Max Level/Add more Endgame Content

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
Players who had already acquired every spell before the introduction of the leveling system had already essentially beaten the game. A large amount of the developed content (most mobs, slowly acquiring talents, getting ability points, getting spells, etc.) were missed by these players, despite them being a decent chunk of the server's active members. Hopefully, this will be remedied in the Revelius Update with quests that all players can enjoy. However, even though returning players will still be able to complete the quests, it will be much different and quite a bit easier because they have already unlocked all of the spells.

As I stated earlier, a large chunk of the player base is made up of high-level players. But not a lot of content in the Exploration Update was aimed at these players. Though the Revelius Update is better in this aspect, most of the added gameplay is meant to be experienced by players who are not level 80. Because so many players have already achieved most of what the server has to offer, they find themselves bored and without much to do.

Therefore, I think many players would agree that more end-game content should be added. One way to do this would be to increase the level cap. This would allow players who have already completed the game to continue progressing. I realize that this would be a lot of work, but I think it would be much more doable without the player gaining spells during these levels. It would make sense from a roleplay perspective, because the player has already graduated from Hogsworth, and already knows any spells they would need. However, if new spells were removed from these levels, some players would feel like putting in the time to reach the new maximum would not be worth the effort. This could be fixed by creating some kind of cosmetic reward or another way of rewarding them rather than learning new spells.

In addition to raising the level cap, the server could implement new gameplay for graduates. A few things that have been implemented in the past were dungeons too difficult to be completed by low- to mid-level players. The problem with these dungeons, however, was that they were not worth the time and effort it took to complete them. The Revenant Dungeon was extremely difficult and could take a large group of players just to beat the first boss, let alone the entire dungeon, but only gave a reward of I believe 50 gold. Newer dungeons could be around the same difficulty but have much more enticing rewards, such as cosmetic items, large amounts of gold, new spells, or items unobtainable from anywhere else.

One possible way of keeping high-level players entertained would be a guild system. Once a player passed a certain level, they could join/create a guild. The guilds could compete in a way similar to the House Point competitions, to see how could make the most gold, kill the most mobs, etc, or they could fight in duels. Another possible way to implement this would be to have a territory wars system where guilds would fight over control of an area in the world. If members of a certain guild were killed enough times by members of another guild, they would gain control of the area. While controlling the area, guild members could earn more experience and items in the area, or receive certain rewards. Players could contribute gold or experience to the guild in order to unlock new, special abilities such as more territory that they can control, an increased bonus in the controlled territory, or a tag in chat.

Evux

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Evux
Honeybadger Auralock
I think this idea is great, however, I do believe it should wait until the revelius update if they were to implement this. I like the idea of not spells, although maybe a few other perks given to players who reach level 90 and level 100 for example, like the guild idea of teamwork like daily activities/weekly activities etc. It would be great to see this idea implemented with the daily activities in the guild idea or something similar to the guild idea with more things related to what will be a recently implemented update to encourage some things that perhaps the quests might simply not touch on and could increase some more exploration and skill.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion! Unfortunately we will not be implementing your suggestion. We will not be increasing the max level and there will be new content released with the Revelius Update. Regions will be targeted at certain level ranges, so the new content will be aimed at players of all levels. We will be working on adding more content into the game after the Revelius, so players will not run out of things to do. It was mentioned in the Revelius Q&A that guilds are something that we will be looking into and perhaps implementing at a later date after Revelius. You can learn more about it by watching the Q&A video and also reading the feedback response post.

Once again, thank you for the suggestion!