DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Introductions // Gigi's Super Cool Idea

gina

Magician
Minecraft IGN: slutever
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire SPEW
to begin this thread, i would like to ask all of you reading this to stream
this is an unpaid promotion

anyways... so!! it's been a week since i made this suggestion on the discord or on the forums lol. i was told to upload it on the forums but i just forgot so here i am now. thank you for all the positive feedback on this message /smiley face/ yall are too kind

THE IDEA - - -

i am here to suggest an introduction channel on the official Potterworld discord! perhaps accessible for all players, although like Edwin said in the attached image, that would get really messy. so i was considering an introduction channel specifically for staff instead, primarily for people to say their pronouns, interests, and other things that they think players should know. i feel like it would make regular players more comfortable to contact staff, which Edwin also added.

i'm aware of the head staff introductions on the website that i'm posting this on. read below for Edwin's genius input (please comment on this post edwin)

and the pronoun role thing on the discord-- i am aware that was rejected. but i often mistaken peoples genders over the internet so it may be helpful for staff members to add their gender identity in their introduction (if, that is, they are comfortable).

also i feel like this would open up a lot of opportunities for friendship. like i might read someone's introduction and they'd say something like "oh Phoebe Bridgers is my favorite musical artist". and i'd be like "omg wow me too let's be friends" because if we have mutual interests that'll motivate me more to talk to them!! also speaking of queen Phoebe Bridgers PLEASE stream

if you agree with this suggestion please feel free to add onto it lol im aware that this post is a mess

ok bye -gigi
2021-05-05 (2).png

Last edited:

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
I think that this shouldn't be on the Discord, but I think having it on the forums would work. The only reason I personally am against the idea of having an introduction channel on Discord is that there are so many people in it and I think each introduction would easily get lost - I don't think people will read through 5,000 messages LOL.

gina

Magician
I think that this shouldn't be on the Discord, but I think having it on the forums would work. The only reason I personally am against the idea of having an introduction channel on Discord is that there are so many people in it and I think each introduction would easily get lost - I don't think people will read through 5,000 messages LOL.
so true bestie lets put it on the forums instead

EDIT: stream phoebe bridgers

Clem

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: lolclem
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Well, isn't the goal for it to be staff-only? Maybe a staff introduction page on the Discord, since there aren't 5,000 staff, and a player introduction on the forums?

Clem

Notable Magician
Eh this sorta aalready exists on some form on the forums as well as you can introduce yourself in the About section. I just dont think having it on the discord or forums wud be neccesary (idk if thats how u spell that).
That's true, but not everyone reads the about section on someone's profile. Personally, I have never gone to someone's about section. I think it would be a lot more practical to have something more easily accessible.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Well, isn't the goal for it to be staff-only? Maybe a staff introduction page on the Discord, since there aren't 5,000 staff, and a player introduction on the forums?
Well there is still like 100 staff, maybe more, no sane person is going to read through every single one before starting discord, especially as many would be paragraphs long, meaning it wud get lost nethertheless

gina

Magician
good point good point

also off topic but your signature is so cute please link me with whoever made it on discord

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Serpent Werewolf
That's true, but not everyone reads the about section on someone's profile. Personally, I have never gone to someone's about section. I think it would be a lot more practical to have something more easily accessible.
I think the accessibility and practicality is fine at the moment, maybe it would be more useful to be on the players front page but in reality it is the communitys fault for not using it

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
I must have missed the staff-only part :oops: However with it only being staff-only, I think that:

1) Not all staff would want to post so it may only be like, 25 messages?
2) If we have a channel it would have to be blocked off with no-message permissions so that people won't spam, and then I feel it would only look like an announcement/information channel and this is more informal than anything.

Clem

Notable Magician
Well there is still like 100 staff, maybe more, no sane person is going to read through every single one before starting discord, especially as many would be paragraphs long, meaning it wud get lost nethertheless
Well, even for someone to be able to read a couple of introductions would help a lot.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Serpent Werewolf
I must have missed the staff-only part :oops: However with it only being staff-only, I think that:

2) If we have a channel it would have to be blocked off with no-message permissions so that people won't spam, and then I feel it would only look like an announcement/information channel and this is more informal than anything
And anyway people dont just suddenly become friends and super comfortable with a staff member by reading a paragraph abpit them. And people who are less advanced with discord in general or the search abilities wont scroll through all these messages just to ask a question or get to know someone, thats done by interaction

Clem

Notable Magician
And anyway people dont just suddenly become friends and super comfortable with a staff member by reading a paragraph abpit them.
It doesn't necessarily have to be a paragraph. Maybe two short sentences on what they enjoy, basic information, etc. And while yes, that is true, it would make the players more comfortable with the staff as they know more about them; the staff would seem to be more approachable.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Serpent Werewolf
It doesn't necessarily have to be a paragraph. Maybe two short sentences on what they enjoy, basic information, etc. And while yes, that is true, it would make the players more comfortable with the staff as they know more about them; the staff would seem to be more approachable.
And anyway most questions are either asked by new players that are usually simple and can be answered in #questions where there is not rlly any need for individual approachability or its a more complex question for head staff, usually asked by people who are already comfortable with speaking to staff

Clem

Notable Magician
And anyway most questions are either asked by new players that are usually simple and can be answered in #questions where there is not rlly any need for individual approachability or its a more complex question for head staff, usually asked by people who are already comfortable with speaking to staff
I mean, everyone is different. I know that before I was staff I didn't like to ask staff questions, even though I wasn't necessarily new.

Brandon_Everard

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Thrashaba
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW

2) If we have a channel it would have to be blocked off with no-message permissions so that people won't spam, and then I feel it would only look like an announcement/information channel and this is more informal than anything.
Yea, I dont think it would ever be forced but I see it as the Seer Introduction channel on the RP Hub tbh. Idk if the Seers were forced to post there or not but it's to just let people get to know staff better mostly, just like how the Seers has it set up. So you arent wrong, it would basically be an information channel about staff and whatever they want to share.

On the other hand, one could look at this channel as "character bios" which I absolutely hate reading and would rather learn about characters through seeing them in action. Could be applied to staff to I would rather just see them in action than read what they written about themselves. I am not saying I wouldnt read some of them but there are a lot of staff, like mentioned above. This whole idea could go in two different directions of either like it or dislike it but I do not think there is a direct middle ground,

I do still stand by the idea that this will help certain new players feel more comfortable with staff or even see shared interests with certain staff members though, that will be a promotion of friendship that will keep the player longer term on the server.