DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Level-Cap increase and New area idea

Would you like to see this Idea implemented? (Votes are Anonymous)

• Yes, I would love a Level-cap increase and a new PvPvE area!

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Yes, I would like a Level-cap increase, but think a new PvPvE area is unnecessary.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Yes, a new PvPvE area is a great idea - but we don't need a Level-cap increase.

• Undecided.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • No, I don't think either of these changes are necessary. (I'm happy how it is!)

• Total voters

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
So, I'm unsure if the Level-cap has ever changed or if it has always been 80, but I have seen in most MMORPG's they would increase the level-cap when they add extensions, creating more content for people who have reached the cap. I know we have Dungeons coming out eventually, providing more content and don't know if the idea of raising the cap is already in the works, but my idea is to increase it and add a Level 81-90 area, an archipelago such as the Chanel Islands or the Shetlands (would be better in the North considering its near a high level area) and make it PvPvE? Must complete a quest for the boat journey there, like the Ireland quest, so that low levels don't stumble into danger.

It would add a cool wilderness aspect to the Game, create more content for loyal players who have reached their cap for a long time and incorporates an aspect spoken about pre-Revelius and a lot just prior to Revelius, which was being able to PvP in the cool sceneries provided by the build team, almost in a "Real Life" situation for a Wizard. Have players competing for Mob Kills and Tasty Loot!

I realise this is a large expansion, and a lot of work to do, but I think the reward of something like this would be worth the input! I havent reached the cap yet, so I am interested to hear what some Graduates think!

Cap.png

Last edited:

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
It would be interesting to see an area specifically for PvP with additional quests within the area.
Although, it shouldn't just be PvP and that's all, there should be a type of cost to get into this area, such as paying 1000g every time a player enters and then respawning in a town in the mainland when a player dies in the PvP island.

I do like the idea of adding 10 more levels so that graduates can have something else to do and level up, but what would the new spells be? I can imagine maybe 5 more additional spells - a spell every 2 levels, but I wouldn't know what type of spells would be appropriate for going beyond level 80. Maybe it doesn't have to be spells? It could be related to Professions pre-Revelius such as earning rewards like a new hat, prefix, or access to other places like that PvP island.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
but what would the new spells be?
I heard Lacerum Incisis (Sectum Sempra) may be coming back? maybe this could be a way to put it back in? and maybe don't necessarilly need to add more spells - instead maybe 1 spell and 4 spell points? That way people can continue to add to spells they have already learnt, maybe mastering more than they could before.

such as paying 1000g every time a player enters and then respawning in a town in the mainland when a player dies in the PvP island.
This is a really interesting concept - gives you more to play for, more to lose and it makes completing these hypothetical quests difficult and dangerous - perfect for a Graduate of Hogsworth.
=====================================================================================

Just brainstorming ideas on the spells, and I thought, if it was set in the Shetlands - the questline could be somehow linked to ancient Druid magic. I've noticed Potterworld moving its lore and names away from the HP Universe more recently. I'm thinking Nature based spells, a Transfig one such as razorleaves, or vines that hold your opponent while sapping life. One that counters Avomora, where you turn creatures against your opponent. Think you could really go wild with it :D

Although - Love this Idea -
It could be related to Professions pre-Revelius such as earning rewards like a new hat, prefix, or access to other places like that PvP island.
? :D

Last edited:

Yumei Fireheart

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: VetMedYumei
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
There is a Game very similar to your idea about having lvl 80-90 and PvP locations. It is actually good and very challenging in part of the players. Though this will give disadvantage to the players that are not good at PvP combats. There will be cases that Players will go there for loots but end up getting killed again and again due to the other players. Relating this idea to the previous game that I've been playing. I think this will be very awesome idea for those who seeks for PvP but will be bad for those who only want to loot peacefully. Tbh its kinda hard to grind the loots knowing you are not safe, players might be targeting you or something. (Worst they can get tilted)

paying 1000g every time a player enters and then respawning in a town in the mainland when a player dies in the PvP island.
I disagree to this. 1000g may be small to other players but some of them values their gold too much. Dying from players or mobs and respawning back to the mainland is not cool. If the player repeatedly die due to unfortunate events it will only lead to waste of gold. Mind that gears can also break due to the damage. It will cost a lot. Passive players won't even dare to enter that island if so but we'll never know.

I like the idea adding new location and increasing the lvl-cap but the Pvp idea I don't know, neutral I guess. I've been there in that situation. All I can say is I never go alone in areas like that, if so I might be just hiding grinding but as soon as i noticed player are getting close I'd just run away. (What a waste of time killing mobs, just to give the loots to other players)

So yea that's my opinion. Might be adding some soon in the future.

(Edited) btw pvp idea is quite fun :D but too much death is not fun anymore :(

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
There is a Game very similar to your idea about having lvl 80-90 and PvP locations. It is actually good and very challenging in part of the players. Though this will give disadvantage to the players that are not good at PvP combats. There will be cases that Players will go there for loots but end up getting killed again and again due to the other players. Relating this idea to the previous game that I've been playing. I think this will be very awesome idea for those who seeks for PvP but will be bad for those who only want to loot peacefully. Tbh its kinda hard to grind the loots knowing you are not safe, players might be targeting you or something. (Worst they can get tilted)
Yes, I understand the perspective here - I guess at level 80 you would have a good broom and good enough gear to run if that's what you seek :) I get the thinking here - I just know that a large part of the community want somewhere open to PvP also

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
I heard in the Revelius Q&A that they are planning on adding extra islands and possibly raising the level cap. Something like this is probably already in the works in the early stages.
I agree it would be very cool to have a dedicated PvPvE place though! Of course there would be issues with spawn camping and gear degradation from the amount of PvP but I think those issues could be resolved.
Another thing I was thinking about is that if the max world cap is 60 people and this new place shares the world with the main island then there would be very people on those islands in each world (In my experience there is a maximum of like 10 grads that are unintentionally in the same world at the same time). They would probably have to create a separate world just for those islands to make people actually have to PvP which would be annoying and take a lot of time.

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I really love this idea, especially for increasing the level cap to 90 or even 100. If it were 90, I would imagine 5 new spells would be added for each spell tree, with an addition of an extra 3 spell points. All of the 5 bottom spells for each tree I would consider to be the strongest (except Leviocorpum to an extent) and these new ones would have to be around that level.

We could perhaps see the return of some spells which were taken away during Revelius release:

> Charms - Spectrus (Super low range, low cooldown, medium spam spell, kinda like an upgrade to Vermillio)
> Jinx - Impulsamentum (Launches you into the sky and drops you with an explosion where you land, kinda like Ascendo but more vertical)
> Curses - Conflamora (A insta-cast but slower travel time Expulsio with a fire effect, less damage the further from opponent)
> Transfiguration - Restringo (Applies an uncleanseable anti-jump effect)
> Defensive - Salvio Optime (Cleanses debuffs in an area around you that follows you)
OR
> Defensive - Fumus (Creates an area where no one can take damage, can't use healing spells inside)

Min

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Minyu
Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
I think the level increase could be nice but also it would be harder for new players/mid players to even get to the level.So level 100 would be to much I think.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
> Jinx - Impulsamentum (Launches you into the sky and drops you with an explosion where you land, kinda like Ascendo but more vertical)
This was my favourite spell - I used it like a finisher for groups of mobs :') Yeh, I was sad to see a few of them go! Like the idea!

They would probably have to create a separate world just for those islands to make people actually have to PvP which would be annoying and take a lot of time.
Yes, I get what you're saying here - It something that would have to be brainstormed if the idea was accepted. In the picture I posted the 2 islands on the left seem a good bet, try spread people out across the 2 or even 3 islands. Currently the server has been reaching 5/6 worlds, so there is always the option of swapping world if you did want to avoid other people. I think if going to these islands is something that would worry you, it promotes team play, friends would join you on the Islands to try and help you complete your quests and you can help them also. With the world cap being 60, I think 5-10 people spread out over 2 decent sized island would be a good, well used area :) I was thinking maybe you spawn in a central town which is a safezone, the safezone goes an extra 10-15 outside of the town, and you could leave the town in any direction on a broom, therefore stopping spawn camping.

Also, Just because the island is PvP and you are on it - Doesn't mean you need to attack or be attacked :) Adds a level of mystery and intrigue when coming across new players.

I can imagine, if it was accepted and when it is first released it would be very busy, but maybe having 3 islands as an archipelago - 1 PvE with the quests around it and 2 PvPvE where you can go if you want.

I think the level increase could be nice but also it would be harder for new players/mid players to even get to the level.So level 100 would be to much I think.
Agree - plus, if it was made 90, the level cap could again be increased in future and another area added. This is how MMO's do it all the time - add new area with new quests and 10 levels, let people enjoy the content for some time, add a new area with new quests and 10 more levels. It sounds like this is what they have planned going forwards. I'm really glad to hear, because it is a really strong structure to keep MMO's fun and engaging for everyone, It's why games like WoW will last eternity!

Really glad to see loads of Votes, Feedback and Ideas flowing! :) Also glad a good number of people seem to like at least one of the ideas! :)

mckenna varulv ❦

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: xokenna
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I do enjoy the idea for a level-cap increase. While I am nowhere near the cap, I do know some, if not most of Graduates are bored once they reach lvl 80. It would be nice for them to have a PvP area to practice for dueling, and an added amount of classes to level up. Spells aren't a problem, as many people have ideas for new spells or old spells that can be readded to the server! I do think, as Sariel said, it would be difficult for new players to reach a lvl 100 cap. Even it would be hard for me, a lvl 49, to reach lvl 100. It'd take atleast another month just to reach the level cap. A good cap could be lvl 90, or 95 at the most. I do, however, like the idea of adding more lvls and quests every little while.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
it would be difficult for new players to reach a lvl 100 cap.
I think this is something we all go through - and that's wishing away our content, to be stronger and have the best gear. We reach lvl 80 and look back at all the content we could of spent longer doing! Thankfully Dungeons will be coming soon and that sounds amazing! I'm getting closer to the cap, but being able to help my team as a Healer is a prospect that really excites me! From this Idea I'm imagining groups of people potentially on the island - teams with high damage players (For Offensive), high health and durability players (To play tank and take hits) and healers (To aid them in the fight) battling amongst the trees, rivers and ruins of the island! I think if its added in increments then it keeps content flowing slowly for the maxed players whilst adding a load of content for players arriving to the server :) Thanks for your reply McKenna!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @Joe_Magus!

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion! I’ll bring it up to the rest of the Poltergeist team and send a response to you as soon as possible!

Have a lovely day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya again @Joe_Magus!

I'd like to thank you again for creating your suggestion! After careful consideration from the leadership team, this suggestion has been declined, unfortunately. We won't be increasing the current level cap for some time, at least until we feel as though we have sufficiently filled out most of Britain with content. This is due to the fact that there would need to be higher-level gear and mobs released, and some of our systems would need to be redesigned in order to accommodate for the level cap change.

The next expansions we release will be the previously announced and currently unreleased Northern Europe and France expansions, and we are not sure yet if we will be increasing the level cap with these expansions. In terms of the PvPvE suggestion, we currently don't have the tech at this time to do this, but it is something we will consider in the far future. At this time, there are no plans to add this, but regardless, we hope you continue to make more suggestions and share them with us in the near future!

Thank you and I hope you have a nice day!