DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Lower amount of HP given for tournaments

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Hello all!

I've come to notice lately that, if 1 house wins 2 tournaments, it's 100% guaranteed that they will win the house cup. Whereas, player's in that house don't have to work hard, just need to rely on the few who are good fliers and duelists. Especially since each winner gets 300HP. As of currently. Raven's are over 1300 points ahead of Serpents, reason being: they won 2 tournaments, which pushed their hp up drastically.

As this is completely unfair to other houses, I propose that the HP given is cut, by a lot, no less than 20HP, no more than 100. Especially since there are multiple tournaments each month, giving 300 for 1 is just far too much.

I hope you all are well!

-Cate

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
Personally, I don't think tournaments should even give house points anymore. They're no longer a facet of house pride, with people cheering on prominent duelists/fliers from their house. Instead, it's grown into more of a sub-community that doesn't really interact with the houses. You don't even need to be in the same house anymore!

corainth

Magician
Minecraft IGN: mothie_
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent Vampire
I agree, cate. it's unfair for any house to have that drastic of an advantage just by winning a few tournaments. it makes house points irrelevant and throws the daily house point grind out the window as it wont make a difference.

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

arne ☾

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: tqrpiar
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lead Lore Master Lead
Perhaps a bit of a late response but I do highly agree with it! While I know that stronger duelists and flyers tend to resort themselves from time to time, it's still a hard thing to do!
While there are good duelists in certain houses, others have good flyers and others have good writers! The same strong duelists and flyers are the ones doing the tournaments, and while I definitely cheer them on to attend those, the 300 hp is a lot.

If looking at the previous house cup winners, there isn't a lot of variarity between the houses, and I think it unmotivates a lot of people when taking a look at it and looking at the house points!

I have some friends in Griffins and Badgers where they're just unwilling to attempt to get housepoints because of the drastic point differences because of tournaments!

Sometimes, I fear that the fun in the tournaments is taken away because of the high house points to be won or lost! It'd be great to have a bigger community and players in those which creates a more fun atmosphere to be around!

tilllyy

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: tillquila
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Badgers did just get 900 points between the two tourneys and we're still in last :cry:

arne ☾

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: tqrpiar
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lead Lore Master Lead
Badgers did just get 900 points between the two tourneys and we're still in last :cry:
See that's what makes it such a tricky thing! because some houses really need it and others don't, I find it a hard thing to like get a general opinion about so it can remain a fair house cup D':

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
@Cate just saying that bc ravens r ahead >:C jk jk, I def agree, I feel that it us unfair having 300 hp per tournament win is just ridiculous, especially bc they are about every month or so

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello @Cate,

I brought your idea up to the team and unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion at this time. After much consideration, the team came to the conclusion that tournaments don’t necessarily add much of an impact in terms of who wins the House Cup, it’s mostly based on what house has the most activity in their players. However, that is just for now, we’ll keep an eye on it and reflect on this possibly in the future.

Once again, thank you so much for making a suggestion though! We greatly appreciate it!