DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Lux volans spell (New Mobility spell)

ObiGamer

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ObiTM
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire SPEW
I had this idea for a long time..We see Death eaters in HP movies to have the ability to fly around like a dark cloud!! I always wanted to experience this in Potterworld!! It could be a mobility spell with a 60s or lower cooldown that gives you the ability to fly around with a smoke trail for like 10 seconds and then fall with no falling damage. I believe this spell could be approachable from a future special Graduate Quest as a reward. The smoke trail could be black like in the movies or could be a custom color like the wand effects! Also i figured out a name for the spell--> Lux Volans wich means Light Flying in Latin.. U can think other names tho! Tell me your opinion!!!
153_da_085_final_fr041-768x463.jpg
3c30aeac158b9c88-600x338.jpg

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
While this would definitely be super cool, I think it's simply too overpowered if you can fly temporarily. Maybe a cosmetic spell available in the dark follower package that gives you smoke, but not only does this cause lag (I also believe it's not possible, or at least the tech team hasn't found an effective way of doing it, more info here), additionally, I'm pretty sure that store items cannot be altered due to the fact that other players have purchased them before this could hypothetically be implemented.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I'm pretty sure this was suggested many times before and it was declined just because it would be too overpowered. Also this feature, or a spell I should say, already exists but it's only for staffs.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @ObiGamer!

Thank you for taking the time to make your suggestion, as we're always seeking ways to improve the server! The concept of this is very intriguing, and it would be interesting to have as a spell. I'll bring your suggestion up to the rest of the staff team, and from there, we'll go into further discussion. Keep an eye out on your thread, as I'll return with a response as soon as possible once a decision has been made.

Hope you have a nice day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hi again @ObiGamer!

After careful consideration from the leadership team, I have come to inform you that this suggestion has been declined, as we feel the aspects of this spell would be too overpowered for our magic system. While we do see the appeal to this type of spell, it is also meant to be directly related to a specific allegiance that we feel would end up complicating things. Unfortunately, we just do not feel that this type of mobility spell would work well in the current system. Regardless of this, we hope that you continue to create more suggestions and share them with us.

Thank you again for making your suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful day!