DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Magical Creatures Compass

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
So, atm I'm on a quest to create every potion currently available to create on the server. Naturally, this means grinding a lot of mobs.

Problem is - getting to the mobs. Now, having a good broom, the actual travel isn't the problem. Finding them is - the map points to the right location, of course, but I can't help but find it hard to follow coords sometimes. (maybe I just have the mental capacity of a teaspoon when it comes to that) nice hermione quote reference hehehe. But the truth is, when numbers are quickly changing up/down like that, I find them hard to follow and keep track of. (mild dyscalculia, possibly)

But anyway, much like we have a compass with which to find our way around Hogwarts, or to the towns throughout the server, I propose a compass to help us on our way to finding various creatures.

I don't think it should be too easy though - perhaps a quest with a visiting magi zoologist at Hogsworth who will reward you with an upgrade for your compass, or it is a purchasable upgrade available at the Menagerie in London. (which unlike some mobs, isn't too hard to locate haha)

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @Sirje_Wildmoon,

Thank you for creating your suggestion! The broad description of the suggestion is definitely appreciated, as it gives us a clear idea of how you would like to see this implemented (possibly through a quest/other location). At this time, I will bring your idea to my fellow team members to bring your idea forward. Once we have completed our discussion and a decision has been reached by the leadership team, I will return to you with an update. :)

Stay tuned and I wish you a wonderful day!

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @Sirje_Wildmoon,

Thank you for your patience. The team has had an opportunity to discuss your idea and I am pleased to tell you that it has been accepted. We like the general idea that you suggested, however, the implementation may vary. This may take a while, but once it has been finished, we will send an update in this thread. Stay tuned!

Regardless, I wish a wonderful day! :)

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again everyone,

We are happy to let you know that this has been implemented with this gameplay update! We decided to forgo any unlocking system and instead decided to add a "Mobs" category to the Enchanted Compas, where players can let themselves be guided to the mob locations. However, players can only utilize this for mobs that are up to 10 levels higher than them.

We hope you enjoy this addition, thank you again for the suggestion and wish you a magical day!