DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Make roles (Auror, Death Eater, Dark Lord) reachable with quests

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
This would def be unfair to people who have already bought this with real money as people have been saying, and is for cosmetitic purposes. I am a 6th year and I have probs had in total over 100k including everything i've spent, and I barely do quests xD

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
usually about $1-1k
This is strictly opinion based and the idea of 1k/$ being "The usual" is too ingrained and way outdated. You will definitely struggle to get a Store Trade at 1k/$ now unless it's a friend being generous - people are offering 1.5k - but for me, as a store trader - that's still not worth it. I don't struggle for business at 3k/$

I mean it's the traders real money so they usually pick the rate. But yeah 1000 - $1
Saw you posted this later on in the thread - fair enough - Personally, as a trader I do 3k/$

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Most of the store trades I work with do it for 1k, 3k seems a bit unreasonable imo, but if your getting buisness that's awesome! Maybe it will influence others to raise their prices as well

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
3k seems a bit unreasonable imo
Well that's fine - what I will say is it costs 110-120k appox to make a Thunderflash when buying materials - I wont be paying 5$ of my money for 1/25th of a Thunderflash :') however 3/25th, sure why not? And at the end of the day you could pay 3k/$ today for convenience - or adveritse looking for 1k-1.5k for months - There's plenty of people looking for store traders, but not many store traders about. Would you say completing all your quests should earn you $130 worth of gold? When Revelius launched every Grad became $130 richer? Every player that joins (200+ a day, some days) brings an extra potential 130k Gold to the server before they've even grinded materials or done their daily quests.

Some examples of where Gold is worth less on the sever atm -
New event scarves selling for 4k-6k if not more - New scarves only ever used to sell for 2-3k
Legendary Choco Hop Cards have risen from 1k-2k to now 3k-5k
The Griffin house cup, Bluefyre, Necromancer's Wand, Searchers Glove - were all like 2.5k-6k pre Revelius - you will see them now 11k+ (Imagine spending 5$ on less than half a collectible.)
Brooms used to cost 250G-2000G for the fastest and now range from 5kish-120k if not more - in my opinion the value of Gold Pre-Revelius can't be compared with Gold now - two different spectrums. Like I said the idea of "1k/$ being the usual" is outdated and now too ingrained in opinion. It would be disrespectful to store traders to expect them to do 1k/$, like many people do, So I think stop throwing that number around, again, like many people do.

From 6/7 hours grinding LVL 61-70 materials - I could grind 21 Stacks of each material they drop, so 84 stacks of material (and that's taking a 10 min break every hour or so)- LVL 61-70 mats sell for an average of 8Gold-ish - but I'm thinking of raising my prices cause I can't keep up with the demand (but we'll stick at 8 gold for now) 81x64 = 5184 Materials x 8 Gold per material = 41472 Gold that's before all the gear recipes and broom recipes - before you sell your mob drops or make potions and sell them in your store. If 1k = 1$ you're making over $41 worth of Gold in 6-7 hours, before the extra gold (I had a penultimate greaves and a gauntlet drop the other day - $40 just like that) . That's more than some people make in their actual job :') Why would I spend over $40 of my real money made in my real job when they could make it myself so easy playing the game like I do? And that's why there is such a lack of Store Traders now, most people have worked out they can make the Gold themselves easy enough. I remember grinding for weeks for my Fireflash - yesterday I gave away 10k.

Addition to this - The first PWMC Player has reached 1,000,000 Gold on NYD - The richest person Pre-Revelius was like 600k I think - and they had been playing for years.

Reply to this as message as it ended getting off of threads topic - apologies OP.

Last edited:

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
Hey there! If your worry is about being an 'unofficial Aurorlock', then you shouldn't be worried! If you want to roleplay, most of which the students are involved in is unofficial! Official RP is roleplay that is run by the Seer team, and you would need to apply for the position (most of the time) to be involved in the official storyline. However, this doesn't mean that you need the Aurorlock prefix to RP as an Aurorlock! RP is for everyone, no matter what they buy on the store. You can always contact Matt or Rani (Chief and Deputy Aurorlock in official RP) or any other Aurorlocks who are active in unofficial RP if you want to get involved or get help. I know that you can also contact Aarooncia or Alexander, or really anyone who's involved in the current influenced unofficial RP. I'd be happy to get you involved, just let me know!

With the suggestion, I do agree with other people's points. Since these prefixes and packages are purely for cosmetic purposes, it would be unfair for the people who bought them for (very very expensive amounts of money) on the store. Putting into perspective, the Phoenix package costs about $50. This means that, with the recent proportions that PotterworldMC has to offer, players would be rewarded something worth more than 50,000 gold. This is probably the most gold I've seen offered in quests, and if not, way more. The other thing to think about is if you are offering something for 50,000 gold in worth, what if the players don't want the package/prefix? They'd want an alternative, which would result in the quest giving even more rewards than that prior 50,000 gold.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Hey there! If your worry is about being an 'unofficial Aurorlock', then you shouldn't be worried! If you want to roleplay, most of which the students are involved in is unofficial! Official RP is roleplay that is run by the Seer team, and you would need to apply for the position (most of the time) to be involved in the official storyline. However, this doesn't mean that you need the Aurorlock prefix to RP as an Aurorlock! RP is for everyone, no matter what they buy on the store. You can always contact Matt or Rani (Chief and Deputy Aurorlock in official RP) or any other Aurorlocks who are active in unofficial RP if you want to get involved or get help. I know that you can also contact Aarooncia or Alexander, or really anyone who's involved in the current influenced unofficial RP. I'd be happy to get you involved, just let me know!

With the suggestion, I do agree with other people's points. Since these prefixes and packages are purely for cosmetic purposes, it would be unfair for the people who bought them for (very very expensive amounts of money) on the store. Putting into perspective, the Phoenix package costs about $50. This means that, with the recent proportions that PotterworldMC has to offer, players would be rewarded something worth more than 50,000 gold. This is probably the most gold I've seen offered in quests, and if not, way more. The other thing to think about is if you are offering something for 50,000 gold in worth, what if the players don't want the package/prefix? They'd want an alternative, which would result in the quest giving even more rewards than that prior 50,000 gold.
ur so good at roleplay maxymoos

I thought "Aurorlock" is a rank of players because they get e. g. a new spell.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Its not really classed as a rank, its just sort of referred to specifically as an allegiance - essentially, just a group of students who have this additional prefix, wand effects, maybe an animorphus for the Phoenix package, a new spell etc. Getting these things don't essentially make them a 'new rank'.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I thought "Aurorlock" is a rank of players because they get e. g. a new spell.
Ahh, well as a member of a club or allegiance - you will receive nothing that will benefit you over any player who hasn't got the option of buying the package. Minecraft EULA doesn't allow pay to win, so all of the items on the store are strictly cosmetic.

As Mallaidh said - you will get a Prefix, wand effects, maybe death effects too now - also the ability to buy your allegiances robes from a robe shop. But no spells that will give you any advantage.

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello!

Whilst this idea sounds wonderful and we thank you for this suggestion, sadly we’re going to have to deny it. We’re denying this suggestion as we have a policy that we can not modify or add onto available packages or items after they’ve been released. However, as mentioned above, there are ways such as purchasing the club package whether it’s through a store trade or not. And, just to confirm further, all items on our store are strictly for cosmetic purposes.

Once again, we thank you so much for the suggestion!