DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Make sure all spells can be used for PVP and PVE

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Looking at the spell trees I see that there are some spells that are universally good, but then see some spells which are completely useless either for PVP or PVE. For example, you have Expellimo; its a great spell in PVP which takes away the enemies wand for a couple of seconds. But put it against mobs... and it does nothing. It doesn't even hit mobs it just shoots right through. This could help improve variety in spell usage. (note i might have missed out some spells)

Although this change doesn't affect many spells, it is something that would smooth out the transition of PVP and PVE. Here are the spells that would need changing.

Expellimo:
- Now hits mobs as well and cancels cast time spells

Confundo:
- Gives a strong aoe slowness effect to enemies around the one hit

Antioculus:
- Gives a mild slowness effect

Magmify
- See my other post about transfiguration changes, this spell cannot even be used outside of dueling arenas

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hey!

Thank you so much for bringing these ideas up with us! We really appreciate every new idea especially involving the magic system. I am going to be bringing your thoughts/suggestions for these spells up with the rest of the Poltergeist team to get their feedback and opinions on it. Once a decision has been made, I will reply and let you know!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hello @Joel Crestello!

Very sorry about the long delay on this answer! Due to the recent gameplay updates/changes, we wanted to wait until after a few of the spells were modified before looking at these specific suggestions. However, we have brought up your ideas to the Leadership Team and unfortunately we will be declining them. We feel that changing Exellimo to affect mobs would not make much sense, as there are already other spells such as Stupeficus that cancels cast times. For Confundo and Antioculus, there have been some changes to these spells as per the 1.3.0 Gameplay Update and 1.3.2 Gameplay Update and we feel that your suggestions for the spells are not very necessary anymore.

We really do appreciate you taking the time to bring up these ideas, as we are constantly looking to improve the player experience with spells and magic. Thank you so much for your suggestion and we hope to see more from you in the future! Have a wonderful day!