DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Making Wiz PE more diversified

Engelhardmarcos

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: M_Engel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer
Hello, Firstly I want to apologise if this thread is duplicated, but I've tried to find wiz PE and it was so short to search it.
So, I’ve attended so many different classes, and I can’t help but notice every class has variety, But Wiz PE is the only class that is always the same, which makes the class too repetitive.

In flying classes, besides the traditional house races where everyone can finish it, some faster, others slower. We also have Fish in a barrel from time to time that is fun, although some of players doesn't like it.

In Duel (which was a class where I attended the least because its schedules on a time only who has NA schedule can attend, so I only attend the surprised ones) besides where each the last one/two/three last man standing for each house, we have a hunger games, where the last man stands win hp or someone who died before can get house points for killing a bounty.

In writing classes, you can do either an opinion or creative one in hope to get 30 ac and hp. However, if you don’t want to do that, you can choose to do the questions that usually some professors put on the given book. Or sometimes there are true/false questions after the notes, which is totally optional. And sometimes they are even more creative and we do something different, and everyone will enjoy it.

Wiz pe, on the other hand, it’s always the same… parkour, parkour, and more parkour, and most of the maps are extremely hard, at one point where only 1 or 2 students can finish. The rest are stuck, struggling, at least the ones who keep trying. The others just give up before they would rage, which makes a good amount inactive during class, waiting until the time runs out.

Let’s be honest, 98% who attend doesn’t think parkour is fun, most of them just attend because of the 10 AC guaranteed regardless of where they stay on the course, or the trivia in hope to get a skip. With that in mind, the parkour goes to the second option to the most students...

That's why, my suggestion is making wiz PE diversify, because I don’t see a reason while the rest classes are diversified, wiz PE is the exception.

For example, we could distribute students into a few teams, something like it was done on the Community engagement, and with that we play like dodgeball, where we need to avoid being hit and try to hit the opponent teams. Pretty much the quabble, but instead of catching, we must avoid it.

Another could be quabbleball like we have on /games. Quabbleball is the most well-known sport in the wizarding world, so it would make sense to have it in wiz PE class. If the dev team can place it, indirectly it will increase the quabbleball popularity.

Then, Elytra. It’s an awesome way to practice for the events or when they will be released around the map on potterworld. In Elytra you also want to learn how to control it. Plus it can return harder elytra maps, that will make challenge and everyone will want to finish it.

Yes, I understand this can be hard due to technological limitations, but if this can be done. I believe it would make wiz PE more enjoyable to everyone, more people would attend by knowing there is a good change it’s not parkour.

Thank you for taking your time reading it, I hope you have a magical day! :D

Last edited:

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
While your opinion about players struggling to finish off the classes (I can't speak for myself as I am the best) and the enjoyment of the class itself is compact, I do not agree with some of the suggestions proposed. A minigame like Quabbleball does seem to be fun, however, I personally believe that such activity should be added into the Flying classes instead, as it would seem more fitting, instead of adding Quabbleball to spice up the Wizards PE classes. Elytra courses sound very interesting, but I personally don't see much reason to add this to Wizards PE either. The student-into-teams suggestion however seems awesome, and I really like the thought of separating the students into teams, where each team can compete against each other - either by doing parkour (the first team to reach the finish line) or by adding Dodgeball as a gamemode for Wizards PE classes - or both! This suggestion seems fitting and I 100% support this.

Good suggestion, this will benefit society.

Although the suggestion is perfectly explained about making WizPe diverse by having different games styles. However, Just like Leyak said I believe quabbleball should be a game style for flying not WizPe. Suggestion games like dodgeball , having team parkours , and elytra courses are great suggestions!

Last edited:

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
They should just rename WizPE to Wiz Parkour because that's bascially what it has been for awhile. I can do /some/ parkour, but I have never been able to finish any of the maps in that class, so I just end up not going to it.

For example, we could distribute students into a few teams, something like it was done on the Community engagement, and with that we play like dodgeball, where we need to avoid being hit and try to hit the opponent teams. Pretty much the quabble, but instead of catching, we must avoid it.
I think they could use something similar to the Bruiser skill bat which shoots a ball out from it. Or use the Cascamorus spell that bounces around on any surface a few times until it hits someone - this spell would be good for dodgeball.

Another could be quabbleball like we have on /games. Quabbleball is the most well-known sport in the wizarding world, so it would make sense to have it in wiz PE class. If the dev team can place it, indirectly it will increase the quabbleball popularity.
I agree with the others above that this would definitely be better suited for Flying.

Then, Elytra. It’s an awesome way to practice for the events or when they will be released around the map on potterworld. In Elytra you also want to learn how to control it. Plus it can return harder elytra maps, that will make challenge and everyone will want to finish it.
Elytra could be suitable for Flying class, but I do like the idea though I wonder how much lag would happen if there are 50 players flying around at one time.

There was this small event in a player's housing, I think it was Enzologies or someone else with "-ologies" in their name. They had this one party event where we all had to parkour our way up a huge cake and other blocks. We were only able to use spells that knock players off of the blocks - like Flipellius - it was really fun to do because players aimed for the area before the end and whoever was in that area got yeeted off the block with a spell. The objective of the game was to reach the end. If WizPE added something similar to that game, then I think it would make the class somewhat enjoyable.

“There was this small event in a player's housing, I think it was Enzologies or someone else with "-ologies" in their name. They had this one party event where we all had to parkour our way up a huge cake and other blocks. We were only able to use spells that knock players off of the blocks - like Flipellius - it was really fun to do because players aimed for the area before the end and whoever was in that area got yeeted off the block with a spell. The objective of the game was to reach the end. If WizPE added something similar to that game, then I think it would make the class somewhat enjoyable.”

Yessssss I remember this ! yeah we had flipendo and that funny laughing spell trying to get to complete the parkour while trying to knock each other off. That was such a fun game! What they could do is allowed around 15-20 people at a time so it’s not too crowded.

Engelhardmarcos

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: M_Engel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer
They should just rename WizPE to Wiz Parkour because that's bascially what it has been for awhile. I can do /some/ parkour, but I have never been able to finish any of the maps in that class, so I just end up not going to it.
That's another thing that "bothers" me. It's supposed to be wizarding pe, but the parkour we do in class, we can pretty much do in any other server that has parkour,for example, Hypixel.

Apart from the story and hogsworth map, the maps usually don't has an wizarding theme.

During in some quests, I remember we need to use spells like Leviomora, in order to make the books in a reachable jump.

I believe the staff could work in add parkour maps where it's feel is more magical and fun than being difficult, at one point no more than three players finishes it.

I remember this ! yeah we had flipendo and that funny laughing spell trying to get to complete the parkour while trying to knock each other off. That was such a fun game! What they could do is allowed around 15-20 people at a time so it’s not too crowded.
Oh yeah, I remember this, it was in Pit's housing. That was so funny doing parkour while prevent the others completing it first.
But with that i believe they should give a class wand (or another magical object) that only has the allowed spells to avoid cheating.

Although I agree quabbleball would fitting more in flying, I don't think is that inconsistent add on wiz pe, just like Elytra.

They also could merge dance class to wiz pe. I speak for myself that I had dance classes in PE.
Right now the only professor that used to teach dance class has left the professor staff. Which is sad because dance class was always fun doing a choreography, or doing an elimination game with the mix of simon says.

I'm glad you like the idea of dodgeball. Even though I didn't plan to do parkour teams on wiz pe, that could work and add more variety :)

Enzologies

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Enzologies
Honeybadger Dark Follower Vampire
“There was this small event in a player's housing, I think it was Enzologies or someone else with "-ologies" in their name. They had this one party event where we all had to parkour our way up a huge cake and other blocks.
that was literally pit and niko’s party not mine help. but yes pitologies and nik ologies but it’s NOT nikologies anymore :(((((
visit /housin pitologies to see what ellie is talking abt

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello hello, @Engelhardmarcos and others that contributed to the thread !

Thank you for making this suggestion, we always appreciate all player feedback and ideas! Unfortunately, we have decided to decline this and I hope to explain the reasons behind it in this comment.

The Academics team is currently looking into ways to make Wizard's PE diversified yet still enjoyable, however unfortunately the ideas in this thread do not seem feasible. We will look into a way to replicate Dodgeball, but this is early days and we have no promises. However, for the Quabbleball and Elytra ideas, unfortunately we will not be pursuing them. It is not possible for us to duplicate Quabbleball into a class, and we also don't see this working for large classes. We also see Elytras being too laggy for classes to be enjoyable, and will not implement them into Wizard's PE. While we won't be looking into the ideas specifically mentioned in this thread, we do have other ideas for Wizard's PE and players are welcome to suggest any too!

Thank you again and I hope you all have a fantastic day/night!:honeybadger: