DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Map exploration

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @Pankakes, and those who replied, I'm here with an official reply. :)

Since 2020, several things have happened. We have brought up the points in this post, summarized above, to leadership. We are sorry that the handling of your suggestion took this long. That was never the intent.

We'll first tag on some exploration changes that we have made since the post. We have made fire dust free since the Gameplay Update 1.9.1. We have added additional methods of transportation, including between locations in larger towns. We will, however, not look into player-owned towns. We have considered that before, as we believe Guilds serve this purpose, that is denied. You can read more about those specific aspects in the mentioned thread.

In terms of making towns more lively, we have worked with our Development Team. They have added tech which allows us to use additional skins on the roaming NPCs. We have also looked at other aspects of this, such as additional quests, Reputation and other projects. As a result, we have added a lot more NPCs to towns for Reputation. We appreciate your input on these points, as we are always looking for ways to make the world feel more lively.

That said, we also recognize our world is fairly barren. That is something that we aim to work on, and we are working with our Build Team for Potterworld 2.0 to address that. As you mentioned, we will indeed be looking for things that fill up the world in those smaller locations, which players can stumble upon as they travel. The ones you brought up are great examples of this. We aim to make the act of "adventuring" real, which was also mentioned in your TLDR. We don't want to add gameplay to the world to "just" have them. The design behind them needs to make sense, where having them is not enough. There needs to be a reason/reward in order to roam and wander around. We agree!

Because of these points, I will be marking your suggestion as accepted on hold. Once we have more updates, we will share them with you. We will be primarily focussing on this with Potterworld 2.0 and keep you updated in this thread.

Should you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or the poltergeist team! Thank you so much, again, for making these suggestions. We always appreciate it! I wish you a wonderful day! :giggle:

Stay tuned!