DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Marry system

ChimpyNut

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ChimpyNut
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
This is not a primary thing that needs to be implemented right away but I just thought it would be nice as an additional thing to role-play. But since the players of Potterworld like to marry each other and organize a whole wedding for it I thought a marry system would be nice. This would be something with /marry (IGN). You only can marry once so you need to be sure about it who you want to marry. If you married that person you can maybe share a bank account or with a quick command say something to him/her or give them a present with a quick command. Like I said this is not primary and needs to be implemented right away just if the developers have time left. With this system you can find your significant other and show them to the rest of potterworld. with maybe a /marry list to see who is married to who. I would like tho hear your thoughts about this.

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
Tbh I wouldn't really wanna see this implemented, I don't really see a need for it since this would 1. Be hard to moderate and 2. Cause a lot of potential drama. Obviously this is for roleplay purposes however I just don't think this really fits the theme or view of the server.

ChimpyNut

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ChimpyNut
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
Yea it was just an idea that popped up in my head so I thought I would give it a shot but thanks for your feedback Aaron!

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
If this was implemented, it'd have to be for purely RP purposes. At that point no drama would be caused outside of what already happens in Roleplay. Players are already getting married, why not?

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
If this was implemented, it'd have to be for purely RP purposes. At that point no drama would be caused outside of what already happens in Roleplay. Players are already getting married, why not?
I feel like if this was added for the sake of purely roleplay (so without the stuff around it like shared bank accounts, I think Honey perfectly argued why this would be a bad idea) it wouldn't really add something. Roleplay weddings are already occurring and I think that's fine, but I don't think it needs to be improved.

Besides which, if it was added as, like Avi says, just for roleplay, it would still have a lot of downsides. Right now you can RP-marry anyone without consequences, divorce the next day and marry again the day after if you'd like. But if a command like that would be added and it would be as you suggested that people can only marry once, people may come to regret such decisions as players sometimes become inactive.

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings ChimpyNut,

Thanks for suggesting an idea! We are always looking for ideas that benefit the server, and we appreciate you for bringing it forward!

I'll bring your idea forth and we'll discuss whether it can be implemented or not. I'll reply back once we've reached a decision, so make sure to keep an eye out for a response on the thread! :heart:

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings ChimpyNut,

Once again, thank you for your suggestion! We're always looking for suggestions and feedback that can help us make Potterworld a better place, and we appreciate you bringing your idea forward!

I’ve brought up your idea up with the team and unfortunately, we are declining this suggestion at this time - this is not something that we will be looking into implementing on Potterworld. We feel that this plugin wouldn’t necessarily be needed on the server as players are still able to get married through roleplay without a plugin like this. Again, thank you for suggestion and we hope that you submit any other ideas that you feel might help us improve Potterworld.