DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Nerf bruiser

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Bruisers aren't even op anymore. They need to balance scoring between passers and seekers though.
In my honest opinion, the issue isn't with searcher or passer being able to score an outrageous amount of points. It is the lack of counter play available to countering out a searcher. Bruisers are really good right now at taking out a passer, but the previous nerfs have hampered their ability to take out a searcher. Not to mention, there is a whole role which if done correct can guarantee a zero point game passer wise (defender). While I don't claim to be the best searcher, I believe I am in the upper ranks. It really made me realize the value of counter play - I am a good but not standout passer, but I find it easier to "carry" as passer as opposed to searcher. Passer if left unchecked can and will outscore all but the best searchers relatively easy, and often outscoring the best. If a passer is checked by a bruiser or defender and the searcher is not, then the searcher will carry. After some practice it is possible to score 25-30 games unopposed as passer relatively easy - that is over 8 catches to beat (Not even the best searchers can get above 8 reliably, especially if the other searcher knows what they are doing). Well getting to the point, bruiser could maybe use a rework to be better against searchers and worse against passers. I don't know exactly what form this would take, but a reworking of abilities might be helpful to experiment with.

Last edited:

RubberButt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: RubberButt
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin
Bruisers aren't even op anymore. They need to balance scoring between passers and seekers though.
Bruisers are still very op. You don't even have to be extremely good at it to keep a passer on the ground, and with two bruisers it's very easy. They nerfed the left click ability but not the right click ability. I do agree that there should be a balance between scoring, I like Tall's idea about making bruisers more efficient against searchers although I have no idea how.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @RubberButt.

Thank you for your suggestion, however it is a duplicate of a previous suggestion here. There are also older suggestions regarding this, however this one is a duplicate of the most recent one. Therefore, I will be moving this thread and marking it as a duplicate.

Have a fantastic day!