DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

New Scenery Idea - and an event to implement it!

Would you like to see this Idea implemented? (Votes are Anonymous)

• I like both ideas! I would enjoy participating in a small event like this!

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • I like the Scenery - I think the event is unnecessary and would probably buy it from the store.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I like the Scenery - but probably wouldn't buy it from the store.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I don't think this Scenery is neccessary.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other (Please state below in the comments section)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
So I thought it would be really cool if there was a Hobbiton (The Shire) Scenery!
I imagined hills surrounding the plot with Hobbit holes and lots of colourful flowers. With the Party tree at the centre back! :D

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
And then I had an idea of how this scenery could be implemented into the game through a cool event! The server celebrates May the 4th with a Star Wars themed event, usually, and I thought it would be fun if every year on International Hobbits Second Breakfast Day that it could be a quest to get it!

For the quest you would speak to the Hobbit NPC in the Hogsworth Kitchens and they ask you to collect items to make the second breakfast. Once made, a timer starts and you have to get round to all the towns (excluding Ireland and Greenshore, so new players could participate) and find and craft the second breakfast for those NPC's before the time runs out. Effectively you could pay gold for it and use fire dust to travel, or on a broom - but I imagine experienced players could help new players in groups try to get to all the towns in time! :D This could be an every year thing so even if you miss it, it could come around again! Equally if this was too simple - doing this over a few days and each one gives you tokens which could eventually be traded in for a scenery like this (a fair amount of tokens) or collectables such as A second breakfast collectable - A plate with a Hobbit Second Breakfast on or a second breakfast hat! or HOBBIT FEET! (for less tokens) :D If this is seen as too much work without benefit financially to the server, then it could be sold as a scenery throughout the rest of the year.

The Idea is the Scenery - All the rest was just a fun idea I was having - I hope I've explained it all well enough :)
Thanks for reading!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Last edited:

Aspasia

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ShatterdHeart
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Sr. Builder SPEW Drooble's Order Arena Squire
To be honest. I would love to see this scenery. I love the idea and am very excited to see if Potterworld implements it.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Personally, I am probably a bigger fan of lord of the rings than I am of Harry potter and I think an event would be awesome, however I do think that the Star Wars event is an event because... to be honest nothing really happens in May unlike February, December, April where there are all set things that makes it obvious why there's an event there, the Star Wars event is kinda just there because it's another fandom that people like and May the 4th. I think it would be hard to get a month for the Lord of the Rings at all unless you replaced it with the Star Wars event (which I can't see happening any time soon). I think a small event would be a bit weird because if you just started having small events everywhere the events would just become a bit boring. I also believe that it would somewhat be hard to make the event or the collectables at least because I think the coolest two things to have would be Saruman and Gandalf's staff but I mean... they're already in the store so it wouldn't be anything new. I do like the scenery tho

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Personally, I am probably a bigger fan of lord of the rings than I am of Harry potter and I think an event would be awesome, however I do think that the Star Wars event is an event because... to be honest nothing really happens in May unlike February, December, April where there are all set things that makes it obvious why there's an event there, the Star Wars event is kinda just there because it's another fandom that people like and May the 4th. I think it would be hard to get a month for the Lord of the Rings at all unless you replaced it with the Star Wars event (which I can't see happening any time soon). I think a small event would be a bit weird because if you just started having small events everywhere the events would just become a bit boring. I also believe that it would somewhat be hard to make the event or the collectables at least because I think the coolest two things to have would be Saruman and Gandalf's staff but I mean... they're already in the store so it wouldn't be anything new. I do like the scenery tho
This is a fair point - I'm also a bigger LotR fan than HP! :D I get what you mean when it comes to the timing of the events, I wouldn't mind the odd side quest every so often like this - I don't think it would detract from the current events as they would be so small, but I do understand the perspective. I like the idea of a Hobbit Feet hat, as you can decide where a hat is on the character - like the wings ect - maybe as a reward :D.

Last edited:

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @Joe_Magus,

Thank you for taking the time to bring up your ideas to us. I'll make sure this idea is brought up to the rest of the Poltergeist Team. We'll get back to you once we have a decision, so keep an eye on this thread!

Have a fantastic day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @Joe_Magus,

We will be accepting the scenery part of your suggestion, but declining the part about making an event around it. We think that adding a scenery like this to the store would be fairly popular, because of the popularity of the LOTR fandom and because the build itself has the potential to look great.
However, we do not want to make an event based around this because it's not HP-related and we'd prefer to keep most events related to the fandom. The star wars event is an exception because it's tradition by now and as Matty mentioned there's no other events planned in that time frame. A hobbiton event might not really fit into this vision or the event schedule and it might overwhelm the Magiventologist team, especially as players might want other fandom-based events and that'd likely simply be too many.

Thanks again for the suggestion and we hope that our reasoning is understandable, especially the part about declining the proposed event.

Have a fantastic day!

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hello there @Joe_Magus!

I'm happy to inform you that this suggestion has been completed! We have implemented a scenery similar to this idea! We have a "Homes for Gnomes" scenery which looks similar to the way that Hobbiton was built- except our houses are for Gnomes of the server! This was released in the March Meadow Store. Releases!

Thank you again for creating this suggestion and I hope you have an amazing day!