DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Okay my last siggestion wadsR EEALLY REALLY BAD But this one is BETTER listen housing SPELL NOW!

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Okay, DENIZ and the Poltergeists, listen UP. Here's what Im saying YEAH. You know how theres the /house magic and /house damage and /house WHATEVEVEVERVEBWVE WJATEVER. NO ONE CARES. You see this is FAR better. Igt would be way better if with a command or the ELF at the DUMB DUMB housing wud bring you to a GUI where u can do all stuff magical so its not all random commands but this isnt WHAT I CARE ABOUT...

WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN is a GUI much like /spellslist where it shows all the spells/magical stuf that CAN be enabled in housing and you can flip them OFF and ON or to ONLY RESIDENT. So I can make it so lets say flipellius and stupificus is allowed but ascendo and appareo and brooms arent which could be used as lets say a Dueling + Parkour MINIGAME. It wud make it SO much COOLER PLEASE DENIZ IM

Last edited:

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Matty! Thanks for making a suggestion!
I will now bring up your suggestion to the other Poltergeists, so that we can discuss it and get back to you with a response as soon as possible,
Have a magical day!

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I'm gonna write this suggestion better:

So, I believe that at the moment, there are very limited options for housing. The possibilities could be almost endless with a combination of spells, options and blocks, unfortunately, so much is limited.

I think, a GUI possibly accessed by the elf or with a command could hold all the options for housing. This would make it so every time there's a new housing update there wouldn't be YET another command to the already huge amount.
Here are some of things it would include:
- A separate section for Time with Weather
- A spell list (like the one in /spellslist) where you can change each spells to be public, resident or no-one. This would include brooms. An addition of this would allow minigames and more possibilities for people. This could also have PvP and Damage options.
- A good thing to add would also be how much access a resident has (e.g. Building, Resident only spells, kick/ban)

This is obviously a very loose sketch, however I think this could change how people view housings and make something really exciting.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @MattyPoltergeist,
After discussing your suggestion, we have unfortunately decided to decline it. This is something that we aren't really looking to implement in the future because we believe it wouldn't be used too much. Adding an option to toggle every single spell be difficult to set up and it would take quite a bit of effort to implement and we don't believe it would be used too much. We believe that only a small niche of players would use this and only in certain situations. Possibly it would also only be used a couple of times before it becomes too much of a hassle to use (it would require players to go through the list, find every spell they want to change in the GUI and then toggle it). Furthermore, magical items like the portable ender chest, brooms or the disposal would have to be added as well which could complicate things and make it more messy.
As for your further suggestions, there is already a section to toggle the time on your housing as an option in the House Elf GUI and toggling resident perms has also been suggested here.
Nevertheless, thank you for your suggestions and have a wonderful day!