DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

option to turn off player visibility in flying

Should there be an option to toggle player visibility?

• Total voters

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
There are so many times where you're neck and neck with someone while flying and you just crash because all you can see is their player model. The only way to not crash is to either go slow and lose your lead or just memorize the map by playing it 30 times. The ability to toggle player visibility in useful in general. A lot of players crowded in one area can make you drop a lot of frames, and maybe some people just would rather prefer if they could see no other players.

The ability to toggle player visibility could be in a physical item or a setting in /me. The item could be like a clock or ender eye which prompts a gui, or toggles player visibility when you click it. The gui would have two options, turn on player visibility or turn it off. But if there's no gui then the item can just toggle player visibility altogether. In minigames you would just have that item in your hotbar and in classes the item can be given to you. A problem I could see with this is that in classes if you leave with player visibility off and forget to toggle it on it could cause problems, but maybe that might not happen. A possible solution is when you leave a flying class maybe the server could just force player visibility to be on.

The best option for flying minigames is the physical item in my opinion. I would rather be able to toggle player visibility on the fly than having to go in /me and toggle it there. That's because I would enable it at the start so I can see where I'm going, but in the middle of the game I want to see how far away I am from others. A setting in /me is the best option for player visibility in general, since you don't need to toggle it constantly in a competitive match. For classes I'm not sure. Either would be good. I would like to have the item over the setting in /me, but there can be more problems that arise with an item.

Even if this suggestion isn't accepted I just want the problem to be fixed in some sort of way. Maybe a map with different ways to go but they would all follow the general path. Players get split up and there won't be much body blocking happening.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Magma, i hate to break it to you but this suggestion is terrible, i didnt expect smth so abhorent from u and i expect better and by which i mean lolw already made get rekt by ME the duplicate police hajhahah lolw lolw

https://potterworldmc.com/threads/petition-to-make-brooms-invisible-in-flying.2725/

but then again that was made ages ago so they might have changed their mind
okay before i get the same response heres what i have to say

1. that was about brooms not actual players. it would be fine if you could still see the broom models just not the players riding them as they are not as obstructive
2. in that post she said "Just like in any other racing game, you have to see your opponents". in those other racing games you wouldn't be able to phase through them like you can in flying. that is a big reason why body blocking someone in flying is a problem. and this would be an option, not something that everyone has to keep on at all times. Many other players and I would prefer being able to actually play like normal rather than just being confused and losing because I got an unlucky spawn behind someone

also something not related to the duplicate post but another reason why body blocking is bad in general is the fact that you are put at a significant disadvantage if you start at the starting line in a class. im not naming names but at least 1 to 5 players jump ahead before magic is turned on even though the professors say "start on the starting line". those people now just a head start and block everyone behind them. again, if this suggestion gets declined the problem with people getting a head start needs to be addressed and dealt with.

Matt Silvius

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: SLGMatt
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hey Magma,

Thank you for your suggestion, I think it's definitely worth discussing with the team.
I'll bring this up now, and get a response to you as soon as I can.

~Matt

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
Sorry for being late to the conversation, but this is a great suggestion! Games like Mario Kart have top-down perspectives, so seeing your opponents isn't a huge issue as you still know where you're going. However, in Flying, you need to make split-second turns through tight intersections. This limited visibility is a major hindrance, and a large detriment to gameplay.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello there @Magma !!

Thank you so much for this suggestion! I'm happy to inform you that it has been accepted! We really like this idea and would like to have it as an option for players to use in flying classes. However, this is new tech that we will have to request on the dev side. Currently there are a lot of other things that are higher priority, so we are not sure when we will be able to work on this idea.

Thank you once again for making this suggestion and I hope you have a magical day!

Aviann

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AviannTheBird
Auralock Staff Griffin Phoenix Sr. Professor Class Design Lore Keeper
Hello @MagmaC4 !

I am happy to say your suggestion is now live. Players are invisible but glow their tab colour in the flying minigame!

Thanks for this suggestion, and I hope you have a great day!

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Hello @MagmaC4 !

I am happy to say your suggestion is now live. Players are invisible but glow their tab colour in the flying minigame!

Thanks for this suggestion, and I hope you have a great day!
what about challenges/classes??

Ismo

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Ismoo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hi @_Navyy !

Unfortunately, we will not be implementing our glow technology in flying classes and challenges because we have no way for the Professor and Class Helpers to identify who is who, and therefore, who has won a race.

Regardless, thank you for your suggestion, and I hope you have a good rest of your day/night!