DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Placeable Pets in Housing

Scientin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Scientin
Griffin Phoenix
Pets are one of the most beloved features on the server, but I think what would really take them to the next level would be the ability to place them in your housing for the world to see! How this could work is players could use a command (e.g. /house pet) to bring up a GUI of their pets. Selecting one would then summon a vanished armor stand at the player's location and facing the same direction. The stand itself would be vanished and would have the model of the pet the player chose.

I think this feature would add a great deal of life and vibrancy to player's housing builds, as well as encourage players to obtain more pets that would fit with their build ideas. While in an ideal world I'd love for you to be able to place one of each type of pet you own in your housing, I could see how that could cause lag for folks with lots of pets, so even just having one pet at a time would be incredible for housing.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I like the idea, but I can't help but think that people would want more from their pet if this initial idea was implemented. I mean, I'd be fine with just a pet sitting doing nothing in my housing, but thinking long term, maybe there could be a way to interact with that pet through a GUI and have the player feed, clean, or pet the pet?

Ukiyo

Magician
Minecraft IGN: MelancholiaUFO
Honeybadger Auralock
I like the idea, but I can't help but think that people would want more from their pet if this initial idea was implemented. I mean, I'd be fine with just a pet sitting doing nothing in my housing, but thinking long term, maybe there could be a way to interact with that pet through a GUI and have the player feed, clean, or pet the pet?
I do love that idea! What if, like you would with players, you could open a GUI and select emotes and have special emotes with your pet that are specific to the animal your pet is. This emote, like normal emotes, broadcasts to players in your radius. Like.. "(Pet name) rolls on their stomach demanding pats!" (wolf/dog) or "(Username) feeds (pet name) cheese!" (rat/mouse).

As pets are supposed to be companions, adding more intractability with them would be swell- rather than them just being their for cosmetic! I do agree with the OP's recommendation too as it'd be an amazing addition to builds, even just the ability to make the pet sit in housing (while the player is present) would be nice; but I think what was recommended is the best way to implement it.

Scientin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Scientin
Griffin Phoenix
I do love that idea! What if, like you would with players, you could open a GUI and select emotes and have special emotes with your pet that are specific to the animal your pet is. This emote, like normal emotes, broadcasts to players in your radius. Like.. "(Pet name) rolls on their stomach demanding pats!" (wolf/dog) or "(Username) feeds (pet name) cheese!" (rat/mouse).

As pets are supposed to be companions, adding more intractability with them would be swell- rather than them just being their for cosmetic! I do agree with the OP's recommendation too as it'd be an amazing addition to builds, even just the ability to make the pet sit in housing (while the player is present) would be nice; but I think what was recommended is the best way to implement it.
I do like this idea too, and I think it'd be an awesome add-on / expansion to the original idea! But yeah even if we don't get that, just being able to see your pets in housings would be amazing.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello @Scientin and others that replied to the thread!

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion and giving your opinions on it! Unfortunately, this thread is a duplicate to the original thread that you can find here. As mentioned on the original thread, the thread had been declined as this would cause a lot of issues with server performance (lag) and it's not possible for us to do at this time.

Regardless, thank you for this suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful day!