DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Player linked and movable icon on /map

Ardnassaz

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Ardnassaz
Serpent
Something that would be great would be in /map, where you would get a linked version of the map of Potterworld-- would be a version where you move in-game, the icon moves in the map. This would help when exploring to see where you are going and is just fun to watch your character move around in the game! If you can already get where your character is in the game with /map, it doesn't seem too much more complicated to make a version where the icon moves around at will.

If not possible through in-game, you can even have it link to your forum account, which is linked to your in-game character, and it can track your character through a linked forums account. It seems like something that would beneficial to many players and could help people understand the map and scale of it a bit more!

mckenna varulv ❦

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: xokenna
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
would be a version where you move in-game, the icon moves in the map.
I love this idea! It is difficult when exploring because you don't know if you are going the right way, because you can only see your location when u entered /map. This idea would be very helpful, but since I am not a Staff, I can't comment on how this would be implemented, but I would enjoy this being added!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I agree that it's much easier if the player's head was on the map and moved in real-time whenever the player moved. This would be loads better instead of having to do /map to get an updated link to check your location every time that you get lost.

I know that Dynmap has this feature, but I guess it isn't compatible with what Potterworld is doing with multiple worlds? No idea. It seems like PW is using Overviewer - after looking it up, it doesn't seem to support the idea that you're presenting right out of the box, but seems like it could be possible with it.

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Heyo! @Cazoe

Thank you for creating this suggestion! We are always looking for ways to improve our server. I will bring this up with the staff team and send you a response as soon as possible!

Have an amazing day!

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
Yeah! Lots of places have winding roads and paths and if you take a wrong turn, you're done for. This would help prevent this and make sure you stay on the right path.

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Hello @Cazoe,

It has come to our attention that someone else has made the same suggestion as this and it has already been accepted. Because of this I will be marking this card as a duplicate and declining it. You can see the original suggestion Here. Thank you again for taking the time to create this suggestion! We apologize for any confusion.

Have a great day/night!