DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Portable Codex / Warpkey Places

MysticalBlizzard

Notable Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: MysticalBlizzard
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper SPEW Drooble's Order
Hey everyone! Soo, as you know many of us are in need of Codex at times to get coordinates of Mobs, get information about items etc. It is really hard to go to the school library each time so I thought about a Portable Codex! It can be bought just like a Warpkey Bag. It can be carried in the shape of pile of books! It would definetly come in handy for most of the players.

One more thing, wouldn't it be better if we earned the Warpkey places when we complete the mob killing activities in daily rewards? I think it would be better because sometimes it takes time to go there. It does not have to be this way but I think it would definetly be useful if we could have the places in our warpkey bags. :)

I didn't give much detail with reasonings and examples in this thread, I think you got the point. Thank you so much for reading!

Evux

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Evux
Honeybadger Auralock
Hey Blizz.
Well, I completely agree with you on the first part, a portable codex would be much better. I don't really like the idea of the warp to get to certain locations though personally, the effort to get to the locations and kill the mobs seems like part of the adventure for me. This idea can actually be found suggested HERE.
I have also made two online codexes in relation to materials and the mobs on the forums, however, it would be a lot more accessible to more players and more acknowledged if in the game itself. I will attach the materials and mob codexes below if you wish to use them.
Materials
Mobs

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I agree that a portable codex can be very useful, but there are already player-made ones. I don't quite understand the second suggestion though - do you mean once you complete a mob hunt, you can just teleport to that village? If so, you can complete the mob hunt every day, so would it be a temporary or permanent warp?
Also, I think that warps would lead to the wilderness being explored less because people will just warp to where they want to go, and it would make the one time warpkeys you can buy in the wilderness useless. You already get a free single use warpkey for completing it so I'm not sure it would encourage exploration.

MysticalBlizzard

Notable Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper SPEW Drooble's Order
I agree that a portable codex can be very useful, but there are already player-made ones. I don't quite understand the second suggestion though - do you mean once you complete a mob hunt, you can just teleport to that village? If so, you can complete the mob hunt every day, so would it be a temporary or permanent warp?
Also, I think that warps would lead to the wilderness being explored less because people will just warp to where they want to go, and it would make the one time warpkeys you can buy in the wilderness useless. You already get a free single use warpkey for completing it so I'm not sure it would encourage exploration.
I am sorry for the confusion. Actually yes! You will get a permanent warp to there in your warpkey bag because the reward of one time use keys are not very useful. Completing the quests are a big effort (atleast in my opinion) so there might be another way to get the warps into your warpkey bag. When you complete a mob hunt, you will get a warp in your warpkey bag which can teleport you into that village. With the Revelius update coming up, this might be useful in quests as also.

MysticalBlizzard

Notable Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Hey Blizz.
Well, I completely agree with you on the first part, a portable codex would be much better. I don't really like the idea of the warp to get to certain locations though personally, the effort to get to the locations and kill the mobs seems like part of the adventure for me. This idea can actually be found suggested HERE.
I have also made two online codexes in relation to materials and the mobs on the forums, however, it would be a lot more accessible to more players and more acknowledged if in the game itself. I will attach the materials and mob codexes below if you wish to use them.
Materials
Mobs
Sup Evux!
Thank you so much for the codex's you sent. They will come in handy! Thought a portable codex would look cool too rather than a player made library. Of course, what you did is really perfect and I am sure it took a lot of effort. Though, an official one especially in game would do better I think! <3

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I am sorry for the confusion. Actually yes! You will get a permanent warp to there in your warpkey bag because the reward of one time use keys are not very useful. Completing the quests are a big effort (atleast in my opinion) so there might be another way to get the warps into your warpkey bag. When you complete a mob hunt, you will get a warp in your warpkey bag which can teleport you into that village. With the Revelius update coming up, this might be useful in quests as also.
I'm not even sure the Wilderness will still be there after the Revelius Update. Everything will be combined into one map, and, I might be wrong, but I think that the new map will become the wilderness, in which case this would probably not happen anyway, unless there still are towns and mob hunts.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hi there!

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll bring this up to the rest of the Poltergeist team so that we can talk about it and we will get back to you as soon as possible with a response!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

Thank you once again for your suggestion! We appreciate all of the feedback and suggestions we receive on these forums, as it allows us to hear what you have to say.

We will unfortunately be declining this suggestion. The codex was previously necessary because different ingredients/drops were all over the place. This will be changing in Revelius, in that you'll know which mobs to kill for specific drops. We want to encourage exploration/discovery, so we won't be making a portable codex. Players are still welcome to make their own versions. In the future, we plan to release an official wiki that would have information on mobs/many other things. While it would not include coordinates, it would include lore/drops/abilities etc.

Regarding the warps to mob locations, this doesn't work with the direction we're taking. Again, we want to promote exploration/discovery. Having warps to the mobs would go against this.