DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Some Ideas (Codex, Graduates Cap, "Time Turner" and staff appearance)

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
I've had a few ideas lately, and felt like sharing before I forgot them.

First up: Portable Codex.

It may just be me, but I've been playing a long time and still get constantly lost as to where some certain things are in the Wilderness, so the suggestion is that you would be able to purchase a book (perhaps called Fantastic Creatures and Where To Locate Them ;) ) from an NPC located in the Wilderness towns, which would basically act as a portable codex, which would be a lot easier than running back to a town or to the library each time you needed to use it.

Second idea: Graduation Cap.

This would be a cosmetic item/hat combo (or just hat) that would be accessible in games to Graduate students. However, you would first need to unlock every graduation spell, unlock all talents and then purchase the Graduation cap for a further amount of AC. This means it would still take some work as opposed to just graduating. (Heck, I know I'd have to work for it still) The hat would be available in 4 colors representing the houses. (though you could get whatever color you wanted, and all 4 if you had enough ac) The reason I say that it could be combo'd with an item is that with the item, it could have a similar use to the practice quaffle-ball, in which you could throw it into the air, like many graduates do irl, and I think that would be a fun little addition.

Third idea: "Time Turner"

Now hear me out, I know time turners are a valuable collector item in the game, as they were in fact used in the past for use in survival server. (iirc) BUT, what if we could bring them back to have a new use? Of course, I'm not saying they should replace the collected ones people have, they would still be a whole new item. But what I'm thinking of, is that when used they would TP you to your latest death point, or instead perhaps be used like the totem of undying, in which it can save you from death. I do think that because they would have the chance of ending up being an OP item, that they would be a single time use each, and be purchased for a decent amount of gold from stores in Diagon and hogsend.

Final Idea: Jafar's Staff

We have staffs like Gandalf and Maleficent's staff, and you can't deny Jafar's cobra staff ain't awesome. Similar to Lucius's staff maybe, but awesome.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I have a question about the time turner if it were to act like a totem of undying - in duels, would this be fair? If it were to be exactly like the totem of undying which (I believe) gives you regeneration and half a heart, then it could be used to basically give you another whole life. But if it only gave you half a heart to stop you dying, there wouldn't be much of a point to it anyway because you would just die immediately after in a duel. We're not allowed to use plants in duelling classes/tournaments (though I can't remember if they're disabled or not in the duelling halls) but would there be a way to make it so they can't be used in a duelling class or so that you can choose whether or not it can be used so you can 'switch it off' during a class.

If you couldn't use them in duelling, why would you use them? It would probably be be worth it to save you from something like fall damage, since it's not like you lose anything from dying. You would probably not be able to use them in other competitive things about surviving, since it gives you an advantage of an extra life, so in what situation would you use it?

Evux

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Evux
Honeybadger Auralock

It may just be me, but I've been playing a long time and still get constantly lost as to where some certain things are in the Wilderness, so the suggestion is that you would be able to purchase a book (perhaps called Fantastic Creatures and Where To Locate Them ;) ) from an NPC located in the Wilderness towns, which would basically act as a portable codex, which would be a lot easier than running back to a town or to the library each time you needed to use it.
Good idea, perhaps somebody, even myself could right this up in a document or post the already made codex on the forums so we have access for it now and doesn't require anything for the staff to do so they can prioritise there time, in the long run a portable codex would be very time saving!

EDIT: This idea inspired me the right up a online codex. Hope it makes it a bit more simple, so far writen up the codex for the mobs! CLICK HERE

This would be a cosmetic item/hat combo (or just hat) that would be accessible in games to Graduate students. However, you would first need to unlock every graduation spell, unlock all talents and then purchase the Graduation cap for a further amount of AC. This means it would still take some work as opposed to just graduating. (Heck, I know I'd have to work for it still) The hat would be available in 4 colors representing the houses. (though you could get whatever color you wanted, and all 4 if you had enough ac) The reason I say that it could be combo'd with an item is that with the item, it could have a similar use to the practice quaffle-ball, in which you could throw it into the air, like many graduates do irl, and I think that would be a fun little addition.
I love the idea of a graduation cap or hat of some sort. Something that graduates can spend there money on other then gold would be amazing as academic credits simply seem boring to me these days with the only exchange being gold. It makes classes feel less rewarding (Not that classes are boring, I still love them, but definitely less rewarding!). Perhaps it could be very expensive in academic credits though so its a goal that takes a lot of perseverance to reach. Throwing the hat also sounds cool, however the quabbleballs were made for throwing and then catching with no addition to changing what appearance you had on your head, seems very difficult for a developer to make something we throw, a hat temporarily disappear and then magically come back on, if easy enough would be a great addition to this idea but definitely not necessary especially if it requires much time on the development team. As long as the 3d artist (Not sure what you call them) have the time to do this.

Now hear me out, I know time turners are a valuable collector item in the game, as they were in fact used in the past for use in survival server. (iirc) BUT, what if we could bring them back to have a new use? Of course, I'm not saying they should replace the collected ones people have, they would still be a whole new item. But what I'm thinking of, is that when used they would TP you to your latest death point, or instead perhaps be used like the totem of undying, in which it can save you from death. I do think that because they would have the chance of ending up being an OP item, that they would be a single time use each, and be purchased for a decent amount of gold from stores in Diagon and hogsend.

Sort of like giving players access to /back, not a bad idea if it was only available in certain areas and wasn't available in places that would otherwise give the players a advantage. I could see this having a lot of loophole's though and being easily abused so as much as I would love to see something like this. For the sake of avoiding loophole's i'm not going to support this idea.

We have staffs like Gandalf and Maleficent's staff, and you can't deny Jafar's cobra staff ain't awesome. Similar to Lucius's staff maybe, but awesome.
Additional staff's are always awesome, again if the 3-d model artists have the time. Would be awesome but again, not a priority.

I know I bring up a lot about priorities and such but there is so much work these amazing staff members are already doing and working on that small little ideas, although awesome and would be great aren't 100% necessary and there time can be focused on other aspects of game development that really spin things up more then appearances and hats.

Last edited:

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
The idea of the time turner, I didn't think of duels at the time, I was thinking more for when you're fighting mobs in the wilderness perhaps. Now that I have thought of it, I don't think they should be allowed in duels though, so somehow they would need to be disabled in dueling areas etc.

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
I've had a few ideas lately, and felt like sharing before I forgot them.

I'm actually working on a Portable Codex Google Doc that I'll try and give out to players, stay tuned!

Love this idea. Very canon.

Not the biggest fan of this idea as it could be used to possibly teleport back to a class in which you were kicked or died, or an out of bounds area. Just seems like something that would be easy to abuse.

I don't really see how this could be bad, never heard of this item so I'm not sure what the reference is from lol.

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello and thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to bring this up with the Poltergeist team to see what they think and get back to you as soon as I can!

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
'ello! Once again, thank you for your suggestion! It's always highly appreciated that our community is interested in helping up improve and grow the server! My reply to your suggestion is going to be broken down by each suggestion you've given!

First suggestion; Time Turner:
Unfortunately we'll be declining this suggestion as it would not only be overpowered when fighting mobs or dueling, it would essentially allow players to have an extra life or give them free teleports back to their place of death - which is a big advantage with goes against the idea of exploration for the Revelius update. It also wouldn't fit into our server lore as time turners are used in certain quests which fits along side of the canon version of turning back time and suddenly changing their purpose wouldn't make much sense.

Second suggestion; Graduation Cap:
The graduation cap is the academics department's cosmetic item and is therefore only obtainable by the staff members in the academics department. So we will be declining this suggestion.

Third suggestion; Portable Codex:
Unfortunately we will be declining this suggestion as well. In the past, the codex was needed because we had different kinds of ingredients and drops all over the place, but with Revelius you'll know which mobs you need to kill for specific drops. Not having a codex also encourages exploration and discovery. Players are still welcome to make their own versions, but in the future we intend to release an official Potterworld MC wiki that would have information on mobs and various other things. Though it would not include coordinates, it will include lore and information such as drops and abilities.

Fourth suggestion; Jafar's Staff:
For this suggestion, we will actually be accepting it as we think that if done correctly, it would look really well done and a lot of players would potentially be interested in it. We would ofc have to alter the name of it and try to create a model in it's image that looks good, but it is something we're interested in doing.

We look forward to hearing more suggestions from you in the future!