DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Potential Gear Balancing Solution

Vegas4K

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Vegas4K
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
So I've noticed that a handful of people are unhappy with the gear system including myself, mainly due to the fact that it throws the balance of player versus player dueling out the window.

Now don't get me wrong, the concept of gear/spell trees is great with influencing play styles, HOWEVER, if you're not prepared to dedicated hundreds of hours on grinding or spending thousands of gold, you might as well pvp on another server to get a balanced experience

Now there's nothing entirely wrong with working to get an advantage, before revelius it was based on talents. And speaking of talents, talents gave higher level players an advantage but gear also gives higher level player advantages.

So the concept of gear put us back at square one, its just basically talents you can equip.

Although running back to my statement from earlier, influencing play styles is great, and what influenced play styles before revelius? It was the spells themselves, the talents gave the higher levelled players an advantage. Gear is basically the same thing except it is the embodiment of the play style and the advantage.

The spell tree alone is awesome, slight damage/reduce time bonus but you can only invest in certain areas. That would influence the play style on its own, if you're a close range/aggresive duelist you'd only full invest in certain spells while if you were a long range/passive aggro duelist you'd only invest in long range spells or if you were a healer in team based areas you'd invest a lot in healing spells.

But that doesn't mean the entire gear system the gd's/developers poured their time into needs to get dropped, gear buffs should just be disabled in pvp whilst they should be enabled and utilized in mob fighting as it keeps a large rpg element of potterworld alive whilst at the same time keeping the player versus player side in balance.

Anyways, thanks for taking your time to read :)

Edit: A lot of people think this is just me saying "REMOVE THE GEAR FROM THE GAME! "please read the whole thread before commenting.

Last edited:

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hey,

I would say I have played a lot of the Revelius Update, so I am going to give my opinions and thoughts on your forum post. Gear is one of the new features of the update, and I see that most of the forum post is based on this topic.

HOWEVER, if you're not prepared to dedicated hundreds of hours on grinding or spending thousands of gold
Hundreds of hours is a considerable overstatement. I completed all of the graduate quests in a couple of hours, which gave me approximately 50000 gold. The gold I received from this was more than enough to get myself a good gear set.

gear buffs should just be disabled in pvp whilst they should be enabled and utilized in mob fighting as it keeps a large rpg element of potterworld alive whilst at the same time keeping the player versus player side in balance.
This was actually mentioned in this forum post. Some of the staff members explain why they will not be doing this and I understand. People spent time getting the proper gear and gear recipes, and it would ruin the sense of achievement if it did not apply in dueling. Of course there are many other reasons why they did not accept this certain idea; however, I am just referencing one that is personal to me.

I am excited to see the new promised changes/fixes to gear, and I believe those updates is what the gear system needs.

Vegas4K

Professor
"Hundreds of hours is a considerable overstatement. I completed all of the graduate quests in a couple of hours, which gave me approximately 50000 gold. The gold I received from this was more than enough to get myself a good gear set."

It is not for a new player.

And also this is emphasized in "don't remove them entirely but still make them a function for mob fighting", it isn't dropping the function entirely, as a matter of a fact the rpg element is still conserved and at the same time it doesn't make the grind for the gear seem like a complete waste of time

As a matter of a fact you could argue that having it as hostile mob fighting only would open potential for new hostile mobs and more uses for the gear (higher levels, bosses etc.)

I'm not dissing the whole of revelius and saying THEY NEED TO REMOVE GEAR but I'm just seeing if it would be possible to return some balance in PvP while still maintaining the core aspect of gear.

Last edited:

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Greetings Nebula!
Thank you for suggesting this to us. Unfortunately as already mentioned by other players, it is a duplicate as your suggestion has been suggested here and here. Your thoughts about the talent system will be added to the conversation though.
Have a magical day!
-Some Poltergeist

( Real Poltergeists you can just crtl c crtl v this)
(To anyone who doesn't have a sense of humor, this is a joke, I am not trying to impersonate staff)

Last edited:

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
Greetings Nebula!
Thank you for suggesting this to us. Unfortunately as already mentioned by other players, it is a duplicate as your suggestion has been suggested here and here. Your thoughts about the talent system will be added to the conversation though.
Have a magical day!
-Some Poltergeist

( Real Poltergeists you can just crtl c crtl v this)
Wow I read it and I was like "Why is luckiestblock posting this? They're not a poltergeist." And then I read the rest of it.

Vegas4K

Professor
This is not a duplicate, about a third of my solution is a duplicate which is having it disabled during duels. I also mentioned that the main weight of gear should be put into mob hunting/boss fights and that spell trees should be what determines a persons play style, not the gear.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Greetings @RelentlessNebula !
Have a magical day!
-Some Poltergeist (Aurora)

And yes, I did copy what luckiestblock said ;) I'm also going to explain why I think it's a duplicate, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
I also mentioned that the main weight of gear should be put into mob hunting/boss fights
Having gear disabled in dueling while having it enabled (and more important) in mob fighting is something that was mentioned in the aforementioned threads about dueling and gear.
spell trees should be what determines a persons play style, not the gear.
Increasing the influence of spell trees (and thereby reducing the influence of gear) is something that was implicitly suggested before and is quite similar to for example this thread and will therefore be added to that discussion.