DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Potions

Is 5 AC a sufficient amount for a class?

• Yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Yoru1E

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Yoru1E
Honeybadger
Potions is a wonderful class. You go in, you immediately open the disposal menu to dump the brewing guide, you brew the potion with maximum lag and you get 5 AC. Wait... 5 academic credits? You need 10 to purchase EXP in the Trophy Room and that’s basically the easiest way to get experience without spending an hour killing poor cats in a mountain and accounts for a fun lesson that gives you quick rewards, especially with the efficiency and grind needed to advance at higher levels. 5 AC just isn’t enough. I get that potions is simple and easy but it just isn’t rewarding. The class isn’t long enough. I myself am in and out in 5 minutes or so (would be a minute without the introduction of rules and all). Perhaps you should get the opportunity to brew as many potions in the timeframe provided and that determines how many AC you get. That way you don’t sigh after every potions class and feel like you have to grind 700 more Wamprus cats to desensitise yourself to those cute kittens and cats. Maybe you study a potion, do an assignment and brew it while waiting to be graded and get some AC for the assignment (can be scaled down to fit the average AC of maybe 10-15 per class) and some (maybe 5 max) for the potion. Not only would that feel rewarding but it would also feel like you’ve accomplished much in the span of 40 minutes or so. That would feel much better to attend then in, wait for rules to end, dispose of book, brew potion, turn it in, get out. Thoughts?

Chriss

Dragonologist
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ChrissShock
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW Drooble's Order
Potions class is a very easy class, imo, compared to Flying, Dueling, and Note Classes... so I think the rewards is good as it is.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Perhaps you should get the opportunity to brew as many potions in the timeframe provided and that determines how many AC you get.
I like this idea. Instead of doing just one potion per class, it would be cool to try and do up to four potions that are tiered and scaled from Common, Rare, Epic, to Legendary, etc. where the Legendary potion would be incredibly hard to create due to the lower time and higher amount of steps used to make them.

And to make it simple, the players would only have three chances to create each potion from Common to Legendary.

- If a player finishes any tiered potion, then they won't be able to redo that tier again.
- Finishing a Common potion should be easier and nets the player 5 AC.
- If a player finishes a Legendary potion then they would get 15 AC overall for the entire class.

Tier and AC Reward.
Common - 5 AC​
Rare - 2 AC​
Epic - 3 AC​
Legendary - 5 AC​

And the Potion Return NPC would have four different sections to cover the other tiers and require x1 of each potion so that players won't be able to break the game and give 3 legendary potions.

Callie

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: ProbsAMistake
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I think 5 AC is a very good amount for this type of class because it's so quick and easy compared to something like a writing class where you can spend up to an hour on assignments. The easy solution to this dilemma (though some may not want it) is to just wait for someone to teach another class. Classes are getting more and more frequent with all of our lovely professors, so maybe just kill some cats in the meantime ;)

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Heya @Yoru1E! Thank you so much for taking the time to make this suggestion! I will bring this up with the other poltergeists and get back to you with our decision once it has been reached! Have a wonderful day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @Yoru1E!

Unfortunately, your suggestion has been declined, as we will not be looking at changing the ACs gained from going to potions class. Potions classes can be done in less than 10 minutes, whereas most written assignment classes take up to an hour. The base grade for written assignment classes gives only 5 more ACs than potions does. Therefore, we feel that the amount of ACs gained by potions class is a fair amount. Despite this, thank you for making this suggestion and I hope you continue to create more!

Have a wonderful day!