DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Pride 2022 Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello Witches and Wizards!

Pride festivities are in full swing, so we want to help you look amazing while celebrating! So, we're hosting a giveaway on our forums for the chance to win either the Rainbow Flower Crown, the Rainbow Wand Effects, OR the Love Emote Pack. To enter and celebrate self-love this Pride month, all you have to do is write about your favorite trait about yourself!

Here are the guidelines for entering:
- You must follow the prompt and it should be at least one sentence long.
- You must state your in-game name in your entry.
- You may only enter once for the entire giveaway.
- All submissions should follow all Potterworld rules (keep it appropriate).

To enter just reply to this post with your statement and add your in-game name.

For any questions, please message Sunnya (sunnya#6761), Emily (Ralie#5837), Alexa (Alexa#6745), or Maddy (maddy#8699).

The entry period will close on June 23rd, and the winner will be announced no later than June 25th. Good luck to all of those who enter!

Comments

Status

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
I would say the personal trait I value the most is my curiosity because I love learning new things, understanding new ideas, and finding out more. I love this because it means I can get interested in almost anything, as long as there’s a good enough hook in. This is really great for me since I often enjoy things that most people consider boring, like school, and I have therefore been much happier. This also means that I have a fairly broad knowledge, which, combined with a good memory, has really helped me through my life and made me happy.

Laurillys

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Laurilys
Raven
IGN: Laurillys

Something I love about myself is my passion, more specifically my passion to pursue things. Whether that be,, being an activist for my community, being a Asian-Filipino, being LGBTQ+, and pursuing my love for helping people by studying psychology, my passion for things is what keeps me going. Finally figuring out who I am, what I like, and why I do things helped me in a lot of ways, and that was all because it was my passion, to ensure everyone around me is heard, and loved.

alley

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Alleyzinha
Honeybadger
IGN: Alleyzinha

Like everyone else I have good and bad traits, but let's talk about a good one, more specifically what I like best. I really love the fact that I'm a great listener, a hobby of mine, which relaxes me a lot, is staying on a call just listening to people, what they have most curious to say. Whether listening to a rant, or listening to an interesting life story, I will always continue to love to meet new people to know curious things that everyone has to say. Everyone have a hole life to tell.

Mila2040

New Magician
IGN: Mila2040
Happy Pride month!
My favorite trait about myself is definitely my optimism. I can find a way to put a positive spin on most things I come across and I always know how to cheer someone up when they're feeling down. Sometimes it's good to feel sad, or to let it all out. That's one thing I like about my positivity; it's not forced. I know when all someone needs is a good shoulder to cry on or a trusted friend to vent to. Positivity isn't being happy 24/7, it's knowing how and when I need to help others be happier. That's why my optimism is my favorite trait of mine! <3

Leugim

Magician
Minecraft IGN: leugim23
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire
IGN: SLGLeugim
My favourite trait about myself is my persistence (or stubbornness lmao). I hate giving up or leaving things undone, even when I think I gave up it's actually just a break and I always end up coming back to it. I've also been through so much in my life and I always got back up. Maybe I don't like to agree that it's true but, I suppose there's hard proof of it :')
There's just something so wrong about not finishing something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

annebanane

New Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annebanane
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Sr. Builder
I'd say I'm a funny person! I like to make others laugh and feel good about themselves, especially when I can better their day with a joke. Different jokes are told on different occasions, but one joke that will be consistent is Michael Scott's signature joke. It works for any occasion and will always be funny, even if it's mostly 10 year old humor.

IGN: annebanane

Last edited:

Aviann

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AviannTheBird
Auralock Staff Griffin Phoenix Sr. Professor Class Design Lore Keeper
IGN: BlazeTheBeaver
While I have many traits,
There's one that holds the most weight.
I find myself having lots of empathy.
I know when to approach a situation tentatively.
Even if I sometimes don't know what to do
When someone is feeling blue,
I still can do my best to understand.
Because I know that sometimes it feels like you're far from land.
So I'm always there to listen
To every pain, success, or ambition.
Everyone is important to me.
I hope that's something from this you can see.
Thank you for reading,
I can't wait to see in this giveaway who will be succeeding!
I hope it's okay that I did this in the form of a poem! I had a lot of fun with it, thanks for hosting the giveaway <3

TAMEFX

New Magician
IGN: Gnomeh

I would have to say my favourite trait about myself is my individuality, it allows me to express myself as much as I want along with not caring about what anyone thinks! I believe expressing your individuality is a key component to feeling freedom and maturing as a person.

Strale_Spaski

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Strale_Varulv
Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer SPEW Game Designer
IGN: Strale_Varulv
I don't know if it counts as a trait, but I have a weird (probably photographic) memory and sometimes I remember some very minor details everyone else forgot about. It's usually nothing special, but those rare moments when others have to remember something and I remember that when it's least expected can be quite interesting.

jesseafar

New Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: jesseafar
Staff Phoenix Serpent Arithmancer Master Arithmancer
IGN: jesseafar

I'm a very quiet person, and I often find myself detached from others, struggling to connect but too anxious to speak. Parties and social events are loud and chaotic and make me feel incredibly hyper-aware of myself. I've struggled with this aspect of myself for a long time, but June is a month that I've found to be a time of self-discovery and acceptance and I've expanded my worldview so much since last summer. My favorite trait about myself is my acceptance: being okay with who I am and who I'm becoming, and-- most especially-- extending this to other people as well. <3

Cindy

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: cynnq
Serpent
IGN: cynnq
I believe my favorite trait about myself would be my persistence and drive that allow me to succeed against all odds. For example, despite being only 5'2, I managed to play volleyball competitively throughout school by working hard in developing my skills, agility, and stamina, not letting my height get to me. I was told by numerous people, even my own parents, that playing this sport or any sport in general would not be possible because of my height, but my determination and love for the sport inspired me to keep going. However, I will admit that competing against and alongside females that are 5'6+ is quite intimidating ^^. Furthermore, another example would be how I managed to successfully campaign and obtain a role in my school's student government despite having very fierce competition. When campaigning for my first term, I was new to the school and was up against very popular people, but I did not let that get in the way of my confidence and showed the student body that getting this role is not about popularity. For my second term, many people sparked an interest in being a part of student government, therefore, I was now campaigning alongside 5 other candidates. Yet, I still managed to serve another term against the small percentage that I had of actually winning through putting myself out there and sharing my ideas. In relation to Pride Month, I used the power I had in obtaining this position by spreading love and awareness to the LBGTQ+ community by helping students create a Pride Club in my school and implementing my school's own Pride Day and making pride pins for everyone! :D

mckenna varulv ❦

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: xokenna
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
IGN: mckdreamy

Even if I don't have a shot at winning, I still wanted to fill out a post and show myself some positivity. These pretty much go hand in hand, but I think my favourite things about myself are my compassion and empathy. I'm able to quickly understand what people are feeling, and I think that really helps me offer great advice and help them on the right path to fix their struggles or mistakes. I'm definitely a people person, and I like making sure that everyone, especially my friends and family, are alright and doing well. I'm always there to lend a helping hand, and I'm quick to not judge but also relate and understand to what they're going through.

skreechnskreem

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: skreechnskreem
Serpent
IGN: skreechnskreem
My favorite trait about myself is my personality. People have told me that I've got a good personality, that I'm witty, funny, and overall good to be around. I'm glad that even after everything; realizing I'm trans, figuring out my sexuality, and after struggles and hardship, I'm still me! I'd argue that I'm even more myself now than ever. It has been a long journey, and it will be a long journey, but I'll always have comfort in the fact that I'll always be who I am, no matter what.

whoohoo

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: whoohoo
Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire DD Writer

Hello Witches and Wizards!

Pride festivities are in full swing, so we want to help you look amazing while celebrating! So, we're hosting a giveaway on our forums for the chance to win either the Rainbow Flower Crown, the Rainbow Wand Effects, OR the Love Emote Pack. To enter and celebrate self-love this Pride month, all you have to do is write about your favorite trait about yourself!

Here are the guidelines for entering:
- You must follow the prompt and it should be at least one sentence long.
- You must state your in-game name in your entry.
- You may only enter once for the entire giveaway.
- All submissions should follow all Potterworld rules (keep it appropriate).

To enter just reply to this post with your statement and add your in-game name.

For any questions, please message Sunnya (sunnya#6761), Emily (Ralie#5837), Alexa (Alexa#6745), or Maddy (maddy#8699).

The entry period will close on June 23rd, and the winner will be announced no later than June 25th. Good luck to all of those who enter!

IGN: whoohoo
The thing I love about myself is that I'm kind and love helping people. I can be really focused on something and make sure it gets done, especially if I put my mind to it and hyperfocus on it, it even gets done quicker then. I also love how I never give up even though it's really hard for me to do something, I just keep trying until I have done it, sometimes taking a little break before going back to it (like a few minutes to an hour if needed). I've really struggled with myself over the past few years but this is definitly one of the things I like about myself/the things I like the most about myself.

XxWonderx

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: XxWonderx
Raven
IGN: XxWonderx
My favorite trait about myself is my ability to stay open-minded. This year I joined my high school's cheerleading team; my older sister had been on this team but had a bad experience, so she quit. Even with all the bad things, she would tell me I was pleased with my choice to join the team. One of my fellow cheerleaders and friends joined me, and after a while of knowing each other through sports we shared last year, swimming, she has felt comfortable enough to come out to me as Bi. Being able to understand where people are coming from and also being able to learn for yourself and embrace things as a good thing is a trait; I wish everyone could come to have. :)

inastras

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: inastras
Honeybadger
IGN: inastras
I'd have to say my favorite thing about myself is my tenacity and adaptability. I grew up having a lot of surprise changes popping up and a number of health challenges as well, mental and physical. I learned how to roll with the punches and push through even the hardest things. I've been through a lot and I'm proud to say that even though I have wanted to give up plenty of times, I'm still here fighting my way to a better life.

schittygal

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: schittygal
Dark Follower Serpent
IGN : schittygal

Though I readily struggle to view myself in a positive light, I do love my ability to love and care for others. I always work to find the good in others and I am always there when someone needs a shoulder to cry on or a helping hand. It can certainly be tough - painful even - when kindness isn't returned in the same way I give it, and I've been treated as a doormat more than once, but I will never, ever, stop showing love and care for the people around me.
It's a tough world to live in and people can be struggling even if they're putting on a good front, so I believe it is important to be supportive and loving no matter what. Sometimes those with the toughest shells and highest walls built up are the ones that need kindness the most and I am genuinely proud of my ability to show them that I am there for them through it and am willing to help in any way I can. Even small acts of kindness can make a great difference, so I believe my love for others to be not only my favorite trait, but my most important trait as well.

Oliver_Love15

New Magician
IGN:Oliver_Love15
My favorite trait about myself is that I am helpful and I'm trustworthy to all my friends will come to me about anything even stuff they are too afraid to go their parents about. I am always there when they are down and they need someone to vent to. I helped one of my friends who was in a very tuff spot get away from a very toxic relation ship with their parents. My friends will be there for me whenever I need a shoulder to cry on or just to talk and I love them for it.

Status