DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Profession hub parkours

Rain

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: RainTM
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Sr. Builder
So, ive been doing quite a bit of professions lately. And ive been running around the ovens to just do something while waiting. Then i thought of an, in my mind, pretty good idea. Why not a parkour at the profession hubs. It would be fun, and maybe a little reward. Not sure if it would fit tho, thanks for reading this :)

Evux

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Evux
Honeybadger Auralock
Hm yeah good idea, although as you said, not sure how it would fit. Maybe a npc that has parkour with direct options to teleport there and back. With the theme of the profession in mind for the parkour? :)

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Evux's suggestion would be interesting to see, especially the themed parkour for each profession. To expand on that, what if there were different types of rewards that could help speed up the cooking, brewing, or growing times of the items that are currently being used in the respective profession hub?

Maybe finishing a professions parkour can subtract a few minutes from what's currently cooking, brewing, or growing? So it wouldn't be a physical item that the player gets, but just a message that the timer on the player's current item has been reduced by X Minutes. It could probably trim 20% off of the initial time that each item starts off with.

Strale_Spaski

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Strale_Varulv
Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer SPEW Game Designer
I think that that's amazing idea, but new Revelius Update will bring different way on doing Professions, so I don't believe that this will be implemented. You will have more interactive Professions and you won't wait that much.

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
I think that that's amazing idea, but new Revelius Update will bring different way on doing Professions, so I don't believe that this will be implemented. You will have more interactive Professions and you won't wait that much.
As far as I am aware, only the system (plugin itself) will be changing and the way professions are done will be changed, not the build itself. Yes, the new professions will be more interactive once {if} the Revelius Update is released, but this would not be hard to implement.

Overall the idea is pretty good, and I would've loved this while I was mastering professions.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
As far as I am aware, only the system (plugin itself) will be changing and the way professions are done will be changed, not the build itself. Yes, the new professions will be more interactive once {if} the Revelius Update is released, but this would not be hard to implement.

Overall the idea is pretty good, and I would've loved this while I was mastering professions.
The system will be changing, but the idea of reducing the time as a reward would not be relevant anymore (I don't know if you did either the Recording task at the Potterwatch Anniversary event or the Filling the Barrel challenge at the Butterbrew festival last anniversary) so there would have to be a reward in replacement to that - it could be ingredients but they would probably change every level too, so I'm not sure what it would reward you.

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello there.

I've brought up this to the team and, as the Revelius update is coming out, the professions system is going to change. More info will be coming soon. Thank you for suggesting!