DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Profession: Wand Crafting

MrGold4

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: KingOfMean
Dark Follower Serpent
So! We already have food crafting and potion brewing. But what do we use all the random wood pieces and mob drops for? How about Wand Crafting! This would be cosmetic and slightly alter the default wand appearance. Not everyone has money to buy the big fancy staves and spellbooks and shiny new wands. People could even make their Pottermore-designated wands!!

Aspasia

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ShatterdHeart
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Sr. Builder SPEW Drooble's Order Arena Squire
I this is a good idea but I don't see it coming anytime soon, the developers and staff team in general are very busy with some other projects.

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
As a staff member, I don't see anything like this happening. Professions are no longer a thing, and the starting wands/cosmetic appearances are going to remain the same. Plus, a suggestion about wand customization was declined :(( I think this is a great idea, but I'm going off what the devs have already set in stone. But hey, you never know!

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @MrGold4,

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to us! I'll bring up your suggestion to the rest of the team for further discussion. Once a decision has been made by the team, I'll return to you with an update!

I wish you a magical day! :)

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @MrGold4, apologies for the delay! I have returned with our decision.

Unfortunately, the suggestion has been declined, as this is not something that we are planning to implement.

Our current professions all have a gameplay aspect with them, where we feel the proposed wand crafting profession would be out of place. This is primarily because we would not want crafting of the cosmetic wands to be the sole purpose of the profession. Additionally, we currently only provide appearances to the player through mainly the store and events, and for now, we intend to keep it that way. We hope you can understand our perspective.

We do however appreciate the creativity that went into making the suggestion.

I'd like to thank you for posting it and I hope you have a wonderful day :heart: