DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Put a Marketplace NPC in Hogsend

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
It'd be practical. It'd be accessible. And most importantly: This is the 5th time I've spent 8 firedust to get free stone.

For real, this would be really good for those who want to access the entire marketplace, but can't afford or haven't been able to travel to London yet. It would provide them with the opportunity to be able to view an entire assortment of items to their liking, instead of hoping someone is advertising in trade chat the specific material they need. Additionally, this would promote players to visit Hogsend more, as the only real purpose of visiting currently is to complete about 4 quests, unlike Diagonal Lane, which is on the opposite end of where most players are, and contains every single shop required.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
So, first of all, let me say that I highly expect this thread will be labelled "duplicate" as this thread pretty much suggests something that includes this idea.

Out of curiosity though:
This is the 5th time I've spent 8 firedust to get free stone.
Do you mean you've used 4 fire dust to go from Hogsend to London, and then another 4 to go back to Hogsend?
There exists a far more efficient way to travel from Hogsend to London, all you have to do is locate Aberforth Dumbledore's house, go into the painting above the fireplace to travel to the room of refuge, go from the room of refuge into the room of hidden things, go to the vanishing cabinet and into it -> tada, you're in London.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that shopkeeper NPCs should be scattered across the world map rather than just be in London but I don't think you should be spending 40 fire dust when you could've just used some shortcuts.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Don't get me wrong, I agree that shopkeeper NPCs should be scattered across the world map rather than just be in London but I don't think you should be spending 40 fire dust when you could've just used some shortcuts.
Not everybody knows these short cuts / free ways to travel anywhere. Some players just don't want to explore unless they need something in that area and so they will rarely find a short cut. Somebody has to tell you there is one in x place.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Lizzie!
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion for Potterworld. We hope you will make more suggestions in the future, as we really appreciate player suggestions and feedback.
There's already another thread suggesting Marketplace NPC's be scattered across the world here that is Under Review so I will label this thread as a duplicate.
Thanks again and have a wonderful day!