DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Put Bank Vaults and Marketplace NPCs In Towns

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
So as of right now to my knowledge the only way to access the marketplace and your vaults is to take a very LONG trip to London to get there. This stifles any desire to buy things from other players in the marketplace which harms the economy. Having no easy way to access Bank Vaults means that the storage in your housing is infinitely better because you have access to it in every town and it is often times CHEAPER making it a win win. What I propose is that those marketplace and vault npcs are put in every town so you can access them easily. This would not be impossible or unheard of either as the 5 towns in the Wilderness in Pre Revelius HAD both vault npcs and (I am pretty sure) marketplace npcs even though warping was enabled so I don't think it would be too crazy for them to be added here.

Secondary Solution: I do understand there is a possibility the addition of two new npcs in EVERY town is too difficult and too much work. So I propose a simple secondary/alternative solution if that is true, just add commands! In the event of my main suggestion not being possible /market and /vault command would be a great alternative and if you wanted to you could make it so they can only be accessible from towns, like /housing. The key is that the vaults and the marketplace need to be made more accessible because as of right now their limitations discourage their use.

Postscript: I am aware that a /vault post exists already I just wanted to offer it as a alternative solution if my main suggestion is too difficult.

Last edited:

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya luckiestblock!
Thanks a lot for bringing up your idea as this is something we really appreciate and it allows us to find ways to improve our server..
I will now be bringing your idea up to the Poltergeist Team. We will discuss it and get back to you soon with a reply.
Have a great day!

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Honeybadger
I don't know why but my suggestions tend to take a long time, while others are accepted or declined in less then a few weeks. Another one here took about the same amount of time. Personally I don't really mind because I know that staff never "forget" about posts and it does sometimes actually take that long. Plus they may be working on it rn, and just skipped the "On Hold" stage without telling us, they do that for a few of them, including the one I linked.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
So as of right now to my knowledge the only way to access the marketplace and your vaults is to take a very LONG trip to London to get there.
Hi @luckiestblock , according to my calculations you can get to Diagonal Lane (AKA london) in 2 minutes or even less if your name is @nathan1e by going through the vanishing cabinet on the 7th floor (2 minutes assuming you start in Hogsworth)

Personally I go daily to my vaults and marketplace and I didn't have an issue with it so far but until this suggestion gets accepted or if it's denied, I recommend you do that in the meantime!

Last edited:

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Honeybadger
Hi @luckiestblock , according to my calculations you can get to Diagonal Lane (AKA london) in 2 minutes or even less if your name is @nathan1e by going through the vanishing cabinet on the 7th floor (2 minutes assuming you start in Hogsworth)

Personally I go daily to my vaults and marketplace and I didn't have an issue with it so far but until this suggestion gets accepted or if it's denied, I recommend you do that in the meantime!
That's very fair! I use that shortcut all the time. I guess I should clarify my issue was mainly for towns outside of Hogsworth and London where your warp is set to them. EX:You are in Wigtown and you want to buy something or access your vaults. I have not timed it but I think many people would just not bother including myself.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf

While this is a working solution for people that know about it, it is incredibly unintuitive, especially for new people to the server. Putting NPCs as I said would increase newer players' participation in the market, which could only bring good things.

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
It is so expensive to travel to London by fire dust network! I often take my friends that are new to London to buy materials when it's time to upgrade their broom. Since they are new and spend most of their gold on gear, I often pay for the fire dust and spend 200 gold each time since it is 100 gold for 5 fire dust and I need 10. (Yes, I'm aware you can set your warp there but it's easier to keep it in Hogsworth so you can easily get to Haunted Hollow) A quicker and easier way to get there without paying that much gold would be incredible. Since I lose 200 gold by the time I get to London, I don't have as much gold to spend on materials. We also like to access our vaults, and a quicker way to do so would make it a lot easier.

Basically, I wholeheartedly agree with this suggestion.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @luckiestblock,

We are happy to inform you that your suggestion has been accepted. We feel that this would be a lot more convenient for players so that they don't have to travel to London every time. We will be adding these Marketplace and Vault NPCs to towns that also have a firedust network warp.
Just as a little side note. The reasons some suggestions take less time to be answered can vary. Sometimes they've already been discussed in the past, so a decision already exists. Sometimes they are very easy to implement and we unanimously agree that they should be added, so they get done really quickly while others that are a bit more controversial or time-consuming might take longer.

Thanks again for your suggestion and have a great day!

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Honeybadger
Just as a little side note. The reasons some suggestions take less time to be answered can vary. Sometimes they've already been discussed in the past, so a decision already exists. Sometimes they are very easy to implement and we unanimously agree that they should be added, so they get done really quickly while others that are a bit more controversial or time-consuming might take longer.
Thanks for telling me and I wanted to say that side note makes a lot of sense.