DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

PvP Battlegrounds.

tiggs_

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Jacooob_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hi Potterworld, Players & Staff alike.

I hope my suggestion is conceived well, and I ask for people to please include all their added suggestions below my post, and together hopefully we can come up with a great idea!

So as we all know, Potterworld, is considered a MMORPG, similar to other games that we've all heard of, World of Warcraft, Runescape, Final Fantasy, and more.

These other games have heavily inspired my forth coming suggestion, but I believe it will be a great addition to the server!

This idea is PvP battlegrounds, essentially duelling, but on a much larger scaler, 10v10 is the ideal number, but it wouldn't just be a fight to the death, there would be game modes, such as Capture the Flag, or even Domination (Secure and hold a point), respawns would be available (after a certain amount of time has elapsed) to ensure the fight continues endlessy until a winner is decided (via the objectives)(flags captured etc)

I think with the requirement of 20 players needed, this could be quite difficult to implement as a regular minigame, but perhaps as a pre-scheduled minigame.

So for example, Battlegrounds would run at Midday, 3pm, 6pm & 9pm for example, on a first come first serve basis.

This idea could even potentially work as a class, but I think as a form of /games would work better in my personal opinion.

I think this would REALLY open up the aspect of PVP on the server, as you could have dedicated flag carriers, who fill their spell bars up with defensive healing abilities, then you'd have dedicated crowd control people, who focus on stunning and embolizing the enemy as much as possible, and then of course your damage dealers.

I think this really opens up the opportunity for people to home in on their PvP tactics!

Anyway, i'd love to what what people can add to this idea, and hopefully maybe one day we'll see it implemented!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @tiggs_,

Apologies for the long delay in getting to this suggestion, but I'll bring it up to the team now and we'll get back to you when we have a decision!

Thanks for the suggestion and have a wonderful day <3

tiggs_

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Jacooob_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hello @tiggs_,

Apologies for the long delay in getting to this suggestion, but I'll bring it up to the team now and we'll get back to you when we have a decision!

Thanks for the suggestion and have a wonderful day <3
Did we have any luck? <3

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hihi @tiggs_ !

A decision is still yet to be made by our leads. Once we have one from them, lovely Aurora will return with a response for you. So keep your eye out on this thread. Thank you for continuing to wait and I hope you have a wonderful day!
:serpent:

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @tiggs_,

My apologies for the long delay in getting back to you with a decision from Leadership.
Unfortunately, we have also decided to decline your suggestion. This is because we don't think it would be played enough to be truly worth it. We don't really think getting roughly 20 players would be feasible, even if it was held at specific times of the day, especially considering other, similar gameplay elements (PvP-based activities) we already have on Potterworld that would detract from players wanting to play this. Examples would be the newly released Soulshard Wars or PvP in classes and challenges, which we encourage anyone interested in PvP to participate in. Unfortunately, due to this, we don't think it is worth it to spend a lot of effort into creating a game like this until a higher player count can be achieved.

We hope this makes sense to you. If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to ask! Otherwise, take care and have a magical day <3