DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

[Quabbleball] Defenders stealing past the keeper box

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Defenders are able to fly past their box (with blindness) and nearly cover a quarter of the field, whilst doing this they are able to use the steal skill on a Passer which seems like a nice tactic - what doesn't seem fair is when the Defender is quickly teleported back to their box - keyword being quickly. This gives the Defender an extra speed boost that a Passer or Bruiser may not be able to counter and flying beyond the box makes it seem like they have a much larger range to cover the field.

The Defender is red in the gifs below.

My one issue is how the Defender gets teleported back quickly after they are able to steal the quabbleball from the Passer. I'm sure they have to time the skills right to make it work. Is it fair for the Passer if the Defender has the advantage of being warped back quickly to their starting position?

Suggestions
  • Disable the Defender's Steal Skill if they go beyond their box and activate blindness - keep everything else such as flying beyond the boundary with blindness.
  • or
  • Make the Defender Box l a r g e r, but remove the ability for Defenders to fly beyond the boundaries which would eliminate what is shown in the images above, their blindness, along with being quickly teleported back to their starting position.

To be honest, I'm kinda neutral on changing anything - I just wanted to post this observation.

mayu lettuce

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: mommymayu
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
eh ive memorized / gotten used to where and how far the defenders can go and im pretty sure many more have recognized this pattern. i don't think that there should be / there is a necessity for changes or improvements to this mechanism, and there really isn't a 'solution' to the warping back (as that's how pw/minecraft in general warps people), and the defender has a force field for a reason. either way i don't think the staff would change much in terms of defender, considering how little they've done with buffing (or nerfing) defender over the past months.

Padnora

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: padnora
Honeybadger Dark Follower Phoenix
eh ive memorized / gotten used to where and how far the defenders can go and im pretty sure many more have recognized this pattern. i don't think that there should be / there is a necessity for changes or improvements to this mechanism, and there really isn't a 'solution' to the warping back (as that's how pw/minecraft in general warps people), and the defender has a force field for a reason. either way i don't think the staff would change much in terms of defender, considering how little they've done with buffing (or nerfing) defender over the past months.
i agree ^

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
i am here to join the thread to count against liyls point of more plays then everyone else combined. either way, I agree with her (its never been a real issue, infact it can be countered pretty easy)

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
tbf i think the defender position is probably hard enough against good passers nvm removing like the best way they actually defend
i mean not to be rude but like its kinda a trash way to defend. (which is why I don't think its a problem at all) if the passer sees u coming and drops back you get teleported back blind and the passer gets a free goal. at the same time this is how I learned defender at first so its def an easy way to pick up and be decent at def so 6/10 method?

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Somnambulist!

I'm here to let you know that this suggestion has been accepted and completed. It will be seen when Quabbleball is re-released that Defenders can no longer use their abilities outside of their area. This means they won't be able to steal the ball past their area and quickly be teleported back.

Thank you again for suggesting and bringing this to our attention. I hope you have a wonderful day:serpent: