DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quabbleball | How to balance Bruiser

Frebii

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Frebii
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
Maybe I fail to see the "fun" in trying to find a bludger in the field just so Passers could stop being focused on.
This feature would just add another layer of skill expression u could literally just wait for your cooldowns instead as you do right now and continue focusing the Passers.
I think you failing to understand the suggestion isn't my problem so I'll just leave it here right now.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
This feature would just add another layer of skill expression u could literally just wait for your cooldowns instead as you do right now and continue focusing the Passers.
I think you failing to understand the suggestion isn't my problem so I'll just leave it here right now.
Don't be daft, I'm not failing to understand your suggestion - If you actually read my initial reply to your post then you would understand my stance to it.
Passers are already op with the current Bruiser setup. But if you're a Passer that's getting hit by a Bruiser then try counting 6 seconds after you get hit as that's your free time to figure out a way to evade them.

As for that Quidditch lore that you brought up - I've been lucky enough to get hit by my own stray bludger a few times, but having to catch that bludger aimlessly flying around? You're joking, right? With the bruiser's broom speed and how fast the bludger flies - that would essentially be a Searcher role but in hardcore mode.

Plus, this idea would really extend the Bruiser cooldown in a way if you're making the Bruiser find the bludger.
If they did incorporate your idea, I think that they would have to do a few things to rebalance the position -
  • Remove all of the cooldowns since the time spent finding the bludger is essentially another cooldown.
  • Increase the bruiser broom speed.
  • Definitely figure out how to make the bludger glow only for Bruisers - because right now the Quabble glows for every player and having another glowing object could cause confusion.

Last edited:

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
this isnt a nerf to bruiser at all

from what i understand this is just a straight buff.

its litterly just the current bruiser + a new chance to reset cooldowns if you miss a shot.

Engelhardmarcos

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: M_Engel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer
Personally, I think bruisers is currently well balanced.

Before the cd shared update, It was hard to difference an experienced bruiser from a beginner bruiser, because both used to aim aimlessly and it wasn't (almost none) skill required. Besides, In the situation the bruiser was in doubt in each opponent passer should be bruiser, the bruiser could simply bruise two with the 2 abilities in a space of a couple seconds. Now, they need to actually have a strategy in who actually to bruise, because bruiser now has only one (two in case misses and don't hit no one) chances.

Right now, the bruiser requires more strategic, I understand that it's frustrating to wait until the cd resets. But it was way too overpowered before.

I believe one way to balance the bruiser could be affect the quabble, instead passing through the bruiser, the quabble could fall in the next second the quabble collides with the bruiser.

Even though, I would like this idea and could be fun rest the cd instead of hitting the bruiser's ball, I believe there is bigger problems in quabbleball, for example, the defender vs passer situations.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Right now, the bruiser requires more strategic, I understand that it's frustrating to wait until the cd resets. But it was way too overpowered before.
You're right, this current bruiser iteration requires strategy and timing your moves right. Especially using yourself as a way to block and stay on the opposing bruiser just to waste their own cooldown. And yeah, the cooldown is frustrating, but mostly because you successfully use a bludgeon on a passer/bruiser, but they still get up quickly and end up scoring a goal - which didn't really happen on the previous bruiser iteration because of the lack of the shared cooldown and better timing.

I believe one way to balance the bruiser could be affect the quabble, instead passing through the bruiser, the quabble could fall in the next second the quabble collides with the bruiser.
I doubt that they will bring this back because when quabbleball was untouched, bruisers and even searchers used the quabbleball blocking to their advantage and blocked quabbleballs from going into goals. Bruisers would usually camp in front of the goals whilst Searchers would use their fast broom advantage to block incoming balls.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello, @Frebii and others that contributed their opinions on this thread!

Thank you for the suggestion and all the inputs! In our Quabbleball Beta Testing, we focused on balancing the Passer and Bruiser roles. The shared cooldown for successful hits with Bruisers was changed to 6 seconds, and the bruiser places a 1.5 second stun on players who are hit. However, passers can also use their abilities off their brooms to bring back the long-awaited 'drop shots', and we're currently happy with the balancing we've worked on.

We will not be implementing the refreshing suggested here, but believe we have implemented the core idea from this thread in another way. Therefore this suggestion is declined!

Regardless, thank you for the feedback and suggestion! I hope you have a fantastic day!