DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quabbleball Teams Based off of Tab

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
The sole reason for implementing random teams was to “stop the really good players [from teaming] up quickly and then roflstomping the newer players.” Now, I’m a big advocate for random teams in Quabbleball. However, I and a few others noticed that the current teams are not by random, and more based on tab. This wouldn’t be a problem for a game with a diverse player base, but Quabbleball often re-queues with the same players, which ultimately defeats the purpose of randomizing the teams (if it’s by tab). For example, if player 1, 2, and 3 are all quite skilled at the game and have similar positions in tab, they’ll always end up on the same team and end up “roflstomping" the either newer or mediocre players on the opposing team. This seemingly makes the random teams redundant and useless.

Last edited:

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
If this was the case, then I would agree with you! I’m not really sure if this is the case or not, because I don’t play Quabbleball often.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I don't think its by tab, but it doesn't feel very random - although that could be just because there isn't too varied of a playerbase, so the same people will get put together a lot either way.

Deniz

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: DenizTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP SPEW
Very interesting... I looked at the code, and it turns out it wasn't random.. sort of. It was based on the order of players joining the game first, which is usually very similar to previous games (hence why you seemed to join the same team).

I've added proper randomization now :) Apologies for the inconvenience, great catch though!

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
Very interesting... I looked at the code, and it turns out it wasn't random.. sort of. It was based on the order of players joining the game first, which is usually very similar to previous games (hence why you seemed to join the same team).

I've added proper randomization now :)
Apologies for the inconvenience, great catch though!
godsend