DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quabbleball Tournaments

Would you like to participate in quabbleball tournaments?

• Yes I would like that

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No I don't like quabbleball

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

ChimpyNut

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ChimpyNut
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
Since we already have Flying and Dueling tournaments maybe it would be a nice idea to also have Quabbleball Tournaments. This will also be house vs house. It requires 14 people for 1 game (7 for each house) so that each team has 1 searcher, 1 defender, 2 bruisers and 3 passers. If 14 people are too many we can also reduce that to have 1 bruiser and 2 passers instead, that would mean that you only need 10 people (5 for each house) for a game.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to see your opinion!

Strale_Spaski

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Strale_Varulv
Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer SPEW Game Designer
I really like this idea and I would really like to be spectator or maybe a Searcher or Passer on Ravens Team!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Yeah this would be nice addition to Tournaments, but how would they do it? Would it just be similar to the Quabbleball game right now where everyone just joins in /games and chooses their teams and plays? How would they get spectators or a referee in the game? Maybe they would probably just tell the players to join in /games instead of making a new quabble system in another world? Or maybe it would be similar to how it was when they released Quabbleball last year where there was just a leaderboard in the forums.

Also, there are still a few bugs such as the quabble getting stuck in a goal and giving two goal scores to the team, or when two Passers each have a quabble at the same time which confuses the Defender. And then the occasional freeze.Aside from those three noticeable bugs, I still think that Quabbleball is unbalanced with scoring and the types of skills each role has, especially for passers and defenders.

Aside from those issues, the game is still playable but I don't think it's tournament ready.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
This has been suggested since the day quabbleball was brought into the server, so I don't expect to see it anytime soon.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
This has been suggested since the day quabbleball was brought into the server, so I don't expect to see it anytime soon.
Yes, this is a very common suggestion, and I agree that we probably won't see it anytime soon. I like the idea though. Perhaps instead of having them as actual server-run tournaments, you could just get some players together and play Quabbleball for prizes.

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
Yes, this is a very common suggestion, and I agree that we probably won't see it anytime soon. I like the idea though. Perhaps instead of having them as actual server-run tournaments, you could just get some players together and play Quabbleball for prizes.
Just because a suggestion was not accepted in the past does not mean it can't be implemented in the future. Quabbleball was brought to the server a little more than a year ago, and since then many improvements have been added to it (Although I do think that it is a bit too early to have released it from Beta). The main reason it was not considered when it first came out was because of how new it was, not that it wasn't a good idea.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Just because a suggestion was not accepted in the past does not mean it can't be implemented in the future.
Who said anything about the suggestion not being accepted? It was clearly stated that the staff have been looking at possibilities to make this work, but it's 1. proving very difficult and 2. not a priority, hence why I said I wouldn't personally count on seeing this implemented in the server anytime soon.

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Hello fellow wizards and thread holder!

Unfortunately, this is not something we are able to do right now. As stated in this thread, the technology we have right now does not let us host such competitions.
We really appreciate your time and effort to bring suggestions and ideas to the server, thanks!

Stay safe,
Leyak