DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Replayability

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
I haven't made a post on this forum for a while or even played the server for a few weeks. However, I feel the need to make this post because I believe replayability is lacking, and that is why I haven't been engaged in the server recently.

Right now, Potterworld's content is great but has little replayability. The quests are (mostly) engaging, fighting mobs is fun for a little while, and exploration, at least in the towns, is exciting. However, this only lasts a little while. You can complete the quests, fighting mobs gets repetitive, and there's not much reason to explore past the hidden chests and plants. The only other options are minigames, dueling/flying, and roleplay. This is what graduates spend most of their time doing.

Lots of people have been upset by the Revelius Update making Potterworld more of an RPG server. I can understand their grievances, but I don't think this is the true problem with the update. I think the true problem is that it makes the main things that graduates can do much more difficult, leaving not much interesting for us to do. Minigames are great, but Potterworld isn't a minigame server, and therefore they fill up slowly. Dueling was made significantly more difficult to get into. You need high-level legendary gear to even stand a chance in a competitive duel. In addition, many duelers do not like how Revelius changed the way that duels are fought. Flying is a minigame, and therefore suffers the same problems as Quabbleball and Melting Floor. It does have tournaments unlike the other minigames, but most people aren't skilled enough to participate in them. Finally, roleplay has become exponentially more difficult with Revelius. It takes a long time or lots of gold to get to a roleplay location. You could roleplay at your housing, but then you only have a small area for it that you have to build.

Like I said, Revelius making Potterworld an RPG is not the problem in my opinion. I don't think anyone would have objections to giving Potterworld more content for the people who enjoy RPGs while still leaving the roleplaying aspects. The problem is that we are forced into the RPG aspect, which becomes very repetitive after just a few minutes of playing. The truly fun parts, quests, are only playable once. After you do those, all that's left is mind-numbing grinding.

I'm unsure how to fix this problem. The first idea that came to my mind was guilds who can fight each other, but then you still have to farm for gear. If anyone has any better ideas, please leave them in the replies.

TLDR; Graduates before Revelius didn't have much to do. Revelius made these things (dueling, minigames, roleplay) more difficult and forced RPG elements onto players. The most fun part of Revelius, quests, is only playable once. After doing that, graduates are left with very little to do. We need elements that are replayable, but also fun. I don't have any ideas to do this. If you do, leave them in the replies.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
In my honest opinion, the Revelius update has ruined PotterWorld for me. I know some people love it, but that's just my overall opinion.

Quests I find somewhat boring after a while, and so I skipped over half of them. Gear I despise and it also confuses me. The only thing I really do in PW is housing xD I like building on my plot, and I also like selling and collecting collectables. I too dislike how we are basically forced to do a certain type of gameplay.

I'm grateful to all the staff who worked on the update, but it just isn't for me.

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
There's bunch of threads regarding the Ravioli update and what players don't like about it - Travelling system, gear, Fire dust cost, AC to XP ratio, AC to Gold ratio, required EXP to lvl 80, emptiness of the map, focus on RPG instead of personal Harry Potter story, etc.
Most of the things regarding the update are either Under Review or Declined or they are working on it.

What I recommend is taking a break from Potterworld for a few months and then check in if those issues will have been fixed.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
There's bunch of threads regarding the Ravioli update and what players don't like about it - Travelling system, gear, Fire dust cost, AC to XP ratio, AC to Gold ratio, required EXP to lvl 80, emptiness of the map, focus on RPG instead of personal Harry Potter story, etc.
Most of the things regarding the update are either Under Review or Declined or they are working on it.

What I recommend is taking a break from Potterworld for a few months and then check in if those issues will have been fixed.
I just wanted to address the issue of replayability. I haven't seen any threads talking about that problem before.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hi, @Scoobydoolego!
Thank you for spending the time to write your suggestion! I’ll have it be brought up to the rest of the team. We’ll discuss about it, and I’ll get back to you soon with a response!
Have a wonderful day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya again, @Scoobydoolego!

I’d like to inform you that your suggestion has generally been accepted. We are currently working on making all quest builds re-enterable as per this suggestion, so all boss fights will eventually be "replayable" (although, no reward will be given for killing it again). However, we will not be making quests themselves replayable, as this would make a very easy way to grind gold. This being said, we do have other forms of gameplay that will be coming out in the future that should hopefully alleviate some of these concerns. An example of this would be the release of dungeons in the future. Again, thank you for bringing up this suggestion and I hope you continue to create more in the future!

Have a wonderful day!