DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Resetting housing plots

Should it be possible to reset your own housing's plot without having to start from scratch?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • I'm not sure (yet)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ThisIsOllie

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ThisIsOllie
Auralock Phoenix Raven SPEW
Hi there,

Since it was only possible to reset the plot of your housing by completely starting over by getting the free reset package, I came with the idea to make it possible to reset the housing's plot without having to give everything away and start at level 1. I currently have a house built by a friend of mine but he never finished his creation and now I want something else. It would take too long for me to get rid of every single block and adding this feature would be way more convenient.

I hope you feel the same way, and if you do, make sure to vote for 'Yes' in the poll above. Thank you!

- Ollie

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
This idea is great in theory and something that has come up in my head for an idea quite a lot, but the problem that springs to mind is what happens with the blocks that were on your housing at the time of resetting. The three options I can think of are:
1) The blocks get deleted. This is a problem as this feature will presumably be being used on much larger housings with many, many blocks and it would cost ridiculous amounts of money to delete all of these blocks.
2) The blocks are placed into your inventory. This is a problem as once again this will be used on housings with many, many blocks and likely more than the inventory can take - plus, you'll end up with a bunch of blocks and you'll likely be swarmed with stacks and stacks and stacks of miscellaneous blocks you no longer have a use for.
3) You are given the gold equivalent for all of the blocks. I feel like this would be difficult to do, and could easily be inaccurate.

If this did exist, I'd also say it should have a cooldown period of sorts or just anything to limit the amount of times people would reset their housing. However, because of the limitations above I can't see this being implemented in the future.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
This idea is great in theory and something that has come up in my head for an idea quite a lot, but the problem that springs to mind is what happens with the blocks that were on your housing at the time of resetting. The three options I can think of are:
1) The blocks get deleted. This is a problem as this feature will presumably be being used on much larger housings with many, many blocks and it would cost ridiculous amounts of money to delete all of these blocks.
2) The blocks are placed into your inventory. This is a problem as once again this will be used on housings with many, many blocks and likely more than the inventory can take - plus, you'll end up with a bunch of blocks and you'll likely be swarmed with stacks and stacks and stacks of miscellaneous blocks you no longer have a use for.
3) You are given the gold equivalent for all of the blocks. I feel like this would be difficult to do, and could easily be inaccurate.

If this did exist, I'd also say it should have a cooldown period of sorts or just anything to limit the amount of times people would reset their housing. However, because of the limitations above I can't see this being implemented in the future.
I mean, the first option feels fine. Would it be pricy to reset some housing - yes. If people dont want to pay the price, they can mine it down. I dont know how many people would use this feature, but it might be nice.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @ThisIsOllie,

Thank you for taking the time to bring up this idea to us. We really appreciate it! Unfortunately, this idea is a duplicate of another thread, found here and has already been put on hold. However, this does not have too high of a priority and there are still some issues that have to be sorted out, therefore this could take a while to implement. Thanks a lot for the additional ideas suggested in this thread and they will be definitely kept in mind when this is implemented!

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Yeah, I think the first option would be the most likely to happen if this was implemented. It makes sense for the ease of resetting coming at the cost of the blocks that were on the housing.

ThisIsOllie

New Magician

I think the best option would be the first, but then the player needs to be warned first with a GUI menu that says 'Are you sure?' where the options 'Yes' and 'No' are available. A detailed warning should be put in this menu as well, saying that all the current blocks on the plot will be deleted.

ThisIsOllie

New Magician
Hello @ThisIsOllie,

Thank you for taking the time to bring up this idea to us. We really appreciate it! Unfortunately, this idea is a duplicate of another thread, found here and has already been put on hold. However, this does not have too high of a priority and there are still some issues that have to be sorted out, therefore this could take a while to implement. Thanks a lot for the additional ideas suggested in this thread and they will be definitely kept in mind when this is implemented!

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
Is it okay to keep this one open since the other one appears to be inactive anyway?