DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Revelius Q&A

What did you think about the Revelius Update Q & A?

• I'm neutral.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
The Revelius Q&A just ended, and personally I thought it went great! It adds so much content to the server, especially for graduates who have been lacking things to do for a long time.

Sadly, most people did not think this way. In fact, I saw many people asking for the update to be canceled, or saying that they would quit the server if it was ever released.

I asked a few people in the live chat why they thought that, but it was difficult to get a full answer in just 200 characters. Therefore, I would like to ask people to explain why or why not they are looking forward to the Revelius Update. And please do not respond with an answer like "It'll be fun." or "It ruins the magic." because those mean almost nothing without reasons to back them up.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I think people are mostly upset because of how much it changes. And I don't just mean in the normal 'I don't like change' way. I don't feel really strongly either way, I'm interested to see what it will be like. But I think that some people think that it strays too far away from the magic that makes Potterworld so fun. I'm not saying that this new system will not be fun, but I think everyone likes the current magic system, where dueling is focused on the magic, instead of gear (which is less related to Harry Potter).

Also, from what I could tell, people thought that they were losing things, especially the professions prefixes and brooms. Since the whole broom system is changing, it is very confusing, and people don't tend to like things that are too confusing. I think once it arrives, it will be a lot less confusing - I felt very overwhelmed when the exploration update came out, since I was not nearly as experienced with the server.

I wasn't there for the first 45 minutes (I got my timezones muddled up) so I missed quite a bit from the start too.

Since a lot of these views aren't my own, I have probably interpreted some of them wrongly, so please say if you have different reasons.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I think Broom cost should be reimbursed - Some people grinded tirelessly for the things they have and to have them scrapped as if they had never grinded and no compensation for the time and effort it took is just disrespectful to the players and unethical. Even if it was some sort of - Broom Token or Pre Revelius Event Item - Banner - Broom Skin - Just don't take the mick and leave us with nothing....

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Personally, I’m super excited for Revelius!

However, I am worried that releasing so much new content could be overwhelming.

I’m fine with everything happening except the gear (which is apparently the main feature). The gear in my opinion doesn’t sound like a good idea. This server is about the Wizarding World and by adding gear your moving away from that, which I don’t think is a good idea!

A lot of negative opinions have been shared about Revelius and I feel the majority of people would rather a lot of it didn’t happen. There’s parts I dislike (gEaR), however I’m excited for everything to be in one world, which means you can explore much better! I also like the new mobs I’ve seen.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Right, so I didn’t fill out the poll because I don’t think any of the options truly reflect how I feel about the update itself. I think there are a good number of features that look very promising, while there are also a few changes that I think could do with a reconsideration. I am now going to list the changes in that last category, and also note how I think the situation could improve at this point.

Spell Progression
There are a few problems that I have with this new system. First of all, I dislike the overall idea of spell trees. Personally I've always liked the idea of being able to get all of the spells and I know quite a lot of people who have similar views. For these people, including myself, it's quite a disappointment to see that spell obtainability is going to be limited a lot with this new update. It feels like PW would be steering away a bit too far from its core idea, namely that it is a Harry Potter server. In the normal Harry Potter universe, there is no limitation to how many spells a wizard or witch can learn either.
The reason given for this change was to make players more unique and give them different playstyles, but I feel this would already have been achieved by giving players the freedom to choose which spells they use in a duel, rather than which spells they want to be able to use.
Something I also dislike about the spell trees is that it includes 2 of the mobility spells: tripudio and volo. This came as somewhat of a surprise to me, as I thought it was said that utility spells would remain accessible to everyone. I had hoped that the spell trees system would remain limited to the combat, defensive, crowd control and healing spells, but now it seems that I HAVE to choose at least the charms spell tree if I want to be able to move across the map slightly easier.
And then there's the spells that are going to be removed:
Spectrus
Impulsamentum
Engorgimus
Impervio
Oblittero
Restringo
Emendium
Lapiforma
Fumus (Not 100% sure about this one, couldn't hear what Flip was saying exactly :/)
Curego
Salvio Optime
Conflamora
Blizzix
Orchiflora
Colorovio
Meloformus
Obscurio
While I understand some of these would be removed, I feel like some spells are removed for the sake of removing unnecessary spells, which I think is a real shame. Take colorovio for instance, a spell that, in terms of gameplay, doesn't add too much, but I think everyone enjoys messing with colours every once in a while. The same can be said about meloformus, my personal favorite spell in the entire HP universe, that is now suddenly being removed for the sake of removing unnecessary spells, which I think would be a real shame.
I know Flip has said that the cosmetic spells have a bigger chance of returning to the game, but if that's already being considered a possibility, why are they being removed in the first place? To me, that just seems like unnecessary work.

Professions
Apparently, the professions prefixes will probably be removed.
This came as somewhat of a disappointment to a lot of players, including myself. We worked hard to max out a profession and we were promised that we could keep all of the rewards after the revelius update, but now that promise turns out not to be completely true anymore. I understand where this is coming from; the other rewards can easily be moved into the PW store, while the profession prefixes don't really fit in there. But personally I hope that there'll be some way for the players to keep their prefixes. Perhaps the prefixes could become some sort of reward for lvl 80's in the same way that lacerum incisis would: by having to make a really difficult profession item or do a really difficult quest. That way, the people who currently already have it can keep it, while the prefixes themselves don’t become unobtainable.
Profession levels are merging with normal levels.
I feel like with that change, professions are going to be moved even further into the background of the gameplay. While the profession items would serve as an important role in fighting mobs and bosses, I still feel like this might bring the risk of players being able to play PW without even touching any of the professions. While this may be the case atm, players are still motivated to do the professions because of the rewards at the end. But after revelius, those rewards will no longer be linked to the professions meaning that there’s no sort of motivation to actually do them. I don’t really have a good idea on how to improve this, but all I can say is that I hope the staff team will closely watch during the months that follow July 4th in order to see how, and if, professions are used.

Travel
There are a number of problems I have with how travel is going to be like after the update.
Fire dust will become a physical rather than a digital item.
In the Q&A, I asked to what extent this would bring the risk of this physical item being glitch-sensitive in the sense that people could easily duplicated. Flip had the following to say on that:
"Glitch abuse is against the rules so if anyone would do that, they'd be banned. So, I discourage doing that."
To me, that only seems to confirm that this has not been taken into consideration. Gold used to be a physical currency, but was converted completely into a digital currency in order to prevent players from duplicating it using glitches. Why then is revelius bringing a physical currency back into the server? This doesn't really make sense to me. Personally, I think that it'd make more sense for fire dust to remain a digital currency.
And I can understand that it would still have to be reset in order to move forward with the new type of fire dust travel. But I still think the server could benefit mostly from it being a digital currency, compared to a physical currency in order to fully prevent the currency from being duplicated by players using glitches.
Travelling is becoming much more expensive with fire dust becoming expensive, warp keys being extremely limited and brooms becoming craftable items.
My main concern is that I think this will massively discourage exploration. I asked what Flip thought of this, and he had the following to say to that:
"I mean, I don't think so? I think it actually promotes looking for more locations, because you'll warp to the great hall but then you can travel to a different location that's like quite far away and you're like 'wow I found this quite cool location that no-one knows about because it's so far away' so I mean, I think people will still explore. I think that it's just that there's just not as much like as much ease-up access to every location. And I think that's fine as well, it's just in order to make travelling mean something. Because if you can just warp everywhere on the map in an instant, what's the point of travel?"
With the current warpkey and firedust systems, players are able to go to certain areas relatively easily but will still have to look around themselves. This means that players will be tempted to explore, say, the Riddle manor and its surroundings, mostly because they are able to get there using cheap firedust. However, without the possibility to easily travel to this location, it will take a while before players are able to get there, and once they do, I simply do not believe that they will have the motivation to look around there. But that's based on the assumption that they got to the Riddle manor in the first place, while I think that most players will simply decide to stick around the safety of the great hall without actually going into the world as they don't have an easy method to do so. So personally, I think that this change will massively discourage exploration and will cause a great portion of the playerbase to keep sticking around the great hall.
Current brooms are going to become bound collectables.
I think a lot of people, including myself for that matter, are disappointed by this too. For many of us, it took quite a while to get enough gold to get a fireflash. Especially for relatively older players, who would have to get the same 2k before much of the inflation happened that led to the current economy. Making brooms bound collectables is seen as quite a disappointment for many people, as their brooms become practically useless. They can no longer be flown, while they cannot be sold either.
I understand the decision not to make brooms an unbound collectable, as that would allow players to get loads and loads of brooms right now and sell them for loads of gold in say a year or 2. But I still think that it would be fair to all players if their brooms could at least be compensated.
A way to do this that I think would be fair, would be for there to be an NPC similar to the one used to sell a time turner to when survival closed in 2016. This NPC would take brooms of every type, and give players a certain amount of gold in return. I think it would be fair for this amount of gold to be 50% of the brooms' current selling price, but I'd understand if this turned out to be an even smaller portion.

That was everything I had to say in terms of why I think the revelius wouldn’t be enjoyable in some areas. Note that this only talks about a few parts of the update, there are a great number of additions that I either think will be great or I’m just waiting until it comes along before I form an opinion about it. Like gear, for instance, I feel like there’s not really a good way to say anything about that until it’s fully materialised onto the server and people have had a chance to experience how it affects their gameplay.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Honeybadger
Nathan, thank you for giving a very well thought and detailed response. I can tell you really put thought into your post, and I agree with you on a lot of things.

However, I do have to disagree with your opinions on spell trees, how slower travel will discourage exploration, and that tying professions levels to player levels will make them less useful.

First, I'll address your issue with spell trees. You said that the spell trees were made to give players more variety and choice, but this is already done with having players choose different spells to use. It is true that players can choose which spells they want to use, but the majority of a person's hotbar is always taken up by the same few spells: Ignatium, Conflamora, Conflamorous, Cascamourous, Divindo, Expulsio, Stupeficus, Lacerum (If they have it), Purificus, Protello, Renervo, a healing spell, Appareo, and Ascendo. That only leaves only 2/3 slots in a person's hotbar left for them to choose which spells to use. And even then, not all spells are good. You would never want to waste one of those precious slots on a spell like Anti-appareo or Magmify. If you want to be more unique by using different spells than the big 14/15, then they will be steamrolled unless they have extreme skill. I do agree with you that it is weird to not let every player unlock all the spells, and that 2 mobility spells are in a spell tree. However, I do like the idea of the spell trees in general. As I stated earlier, you pretty much have to use 85% of your hotbar on the same spells, and even the small amount you do get to choose is limited by how good the spells are. Spell trees can fix that, and also fit with the lore. In Harry Potter, not everyone is a master of Transfiguration or Charms. If they spend the time to practice spells, they can make them more powerful. This is reflected in the ability to spend spell points to increase the power of spells of a certain type. This gives players more choice on what spells they can use because if they choose, they can make their Anti-Appareo or Magmify better than currently better alternatives such as Stupeficus or Meteorum. Overall, I think spell trees will be a good thing for both PvP and PvE because they allow players to use the spells that they enjoy without having to compromise their power.

Secondly, you disliked the changes to travel because you believed they discouraged exploration. I agree with Flip on this issue. Right now, there is no reason to explore. I can teleport to almost wherever I want for a fraction of a gold. Heck, I've been playing for almost 5 years and I can't even tell you where the Raven's common room is, because whenever I have to go there I'll just warp using fire dust. By making travel slower and more expensive, it encourages players to find out how to get to certain places without spending large amounts. Slower brooms also encourage exploration. A Fireflash can zip you across the landscape at very high speeds. This means that it is very difficult to take in the scenery on a broom because it moves so fast that you can't see much. With slower brooms, you might come across a mob area you've never seen before, or find a World Interaction that gives you something to do. Right now, if you try to explore the wilderness on a broom, it mainly consists of writing down coordinates and trying to get there as quickly as possible. If brooms are slower, it encourages you to spend more time roaming around the area, rather than speeding through all the content there.

Finally, there's the issue of professions being tied to player level. In your response, you say that this will move professions into the background of the gameplay, and let players complete the game without touching professions. I believe this will be the exact opposite. Right now, professions are way too much of an investment. They take upwards of 10k gold, not to mention dozens of hours of waiting, to complete. Tying them with player levels means that people won't have to spend time mastering professions. If they need a healing potion or a powerful bomb, they won't have to spend the time to reach a high level in potions, they can just kill some mobs and craft one. This is much more convenient and encourages people to use their items because they are fairly easy to make and give substantial benefits, rather than the current system which is extremely difficult to master and gives little to no benefit.

Many of the other parts of your post I agree with. I don't see the need for most of the spells to be removed, because they're mostly just fun little abilities that you'll never use, but are fun when you do, like Colorovia or Lapiforma. Next, you talked about professions prefixes being removed. This doesn't make any sense in my opinion. They said that the main reason they were removing them was that they were confusing and cluttered chat. When it was being live-streamed, I saw someone say in the chat that staff prefixes cause much more of a problem than professions prefixes. I completely agree with this. Staff prefixes are very long, and there are tons of them. Does there really need to be a different prefix for every staff position? Couldn't they just have a prefix of their department (maybe even just a few letters like GD for Game Design, AC for Academics, or CM for Community Management), and then a color to indicate how advance they were in that position? Later you mentioned the problem with physical fire dust, and I agree. I think the answer that "It's against the rules." was very unsatisfactory. Just because something is against the rules doesn't mean that people won't do it if it benefits them. I don't see any need to make fire dust a physical item. Finally, you mentioned what, in my opinion, is the largest problem of all: brooms becoming collectibles. I think this is just a terrible decision. Players who bought brooms will not be reimbursed and cannot be sold, which means that they bought a broom that is completely useless. The very least they could do is give the players an option to turn in their brooms as you mentioned above.

TLDR; Right now, you can only use a handful of spells for dueling because they are the only good ones. Spell trees will let players power up the spells they like so they will be viable in dueling.

Slower and more expensive travel encourages players to explore the world at a slower pace, which lets them discover more interesting things that if they could teleport whenever they wanted.

Professions being tied to player levels makes them more convenient, and combined with an increase in the power of professions items will greatly increase their use.

Everything else Nathan said I agree with, especially being reimbursed for brooms.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I'm sorry ScoobyDoo - youve just skimmed over the fact theyre stealing 2k off of the players - Please can you talk about the brooms and the plans on reimbursing players?

I've been telling people to hold off of doing the professions if they can't complete them and instead to go buy a fireflash! :LOL: and now you're gunna rob all their hard work off of them!

Also how the spells tree will work is not how magic works - Stop ruining your server - If IT follows the wizarding world you should be able to learn any spell you want to.

Last edited:

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
The way I look at it - The Government control currency of a country that I live in - I save up my money and buy a TV - the Government change the currency and bring out new TVs and in return they take my perfectly fine TV I worked hard for and make me go buy a new one - MADNESS

nathan1e

Animorphus
I'm sorry ScoobyDoo - youve just skimmed over the fact theyre stealing 2k off of the players - Please can you talk about the brooms and the plans on reimbursing players?
Finally, you mentioned what, in my opinion, is the largest problem of all: brooms becoming collectibles. I think this is just a terrible decision. Players who bought brooms will not be reimbursed and cannot be sold, which means that they bought a broom that is completely useless. The very least they could do is give the players an option to turn in their brooms as you mentioned above.
I'm pretty sure he already shared his views on brooms in Revelius.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Honeybadger
Jrwallzy, as Nathan said I did talk about brooms. And for your point about spell trees not being how Magic works in the Harry Potter universe, I would disagree. All the students at Hogwarts learn the same basic spells, but they may choose to go into higher levels in certain subjects, which is reflected by giving special spells in the trees. Also, if they study and practice certain spells for long enough, they may become better at using them, like being able to lift a great weight with Wingardium Leviosa. This is also part of the spell tree system in the ability to power up certain spells.

I do agree with some of the spells in the trees being available to everyone, such as the two mobility spells, but I think as a whole it does stay true to the Harry Potter universe, while still giving players something new and interesting.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
"at Hogwarts" - and when you graduate - you can't learn any more spells - Harry uses spells he doesn't even know are spells - Its not how magic works in the Harry Potter universe - If we want to go super realism you can make your own spells! - Obviously that's not doable but Its a principal - Magic is not contained to one area of magic

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Honeybadger
If we're not going for super-realism, then why does it matter if it doesn't perfectly fit into the Harry Potter Universe? And you are not contained to one area of magic. If you wanted, you could be a Jack of All Trades, a master of one type of magic, or somewhere in between.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I don't see why Potterworld staff decided to make another big update. Last time when they did a big update like this one, there were a lot of changes and people also complained a lot, and a lot of people have left the server. It would be better if they made several smaller updates so they can test them separately. I remember when they added extra healt to higher levels and a lot of people complained about that, it was extremely unfair to new players because you could 1 hit kill them and after a long time they finally decided to remove that feature just so they can bring it back now? I really don't understand that. How many times did they change the talent system? There were a lot of spell updates and I personally didn't mind them, but I also didn't see the need of changing the spells that are working just fine (in player perspective). Making spells unavailable is ridiculous to me and I think that there are way better ways to make dueling more unique other than spell trees. I have made some suggestions about some spells recently and most of the time staff would say that they will bring it up to the staff team but I never get a reply, not just about the spells but in general. I don't want to sound rude, but I feel like staff don't listen to player suggestions at all and will always support the updates no matter what. Even with this post - 4/7 positive votes are from the staff team currently. I can't speak too much on the gear thing and other things that I haven't experienced yet but I do feel like potterworld is constantly moving away from its original idea of being a Harry Potter server. On the positive side, new areas and builds are always a good thing. I think that potterworld should focus on those things, improving and increasing our map, making new mobs, new classes, new dungeons and bosses..

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Honeybadger
Ivan, pre-Exploration Update Potterworld was fun but didn't have much (if any) end game content. I believe that the Exploration Update was meant to fix it, but it was kind of a flop. It didn't add much content, and the stuff it did add was not too exciting (like professions). I believe the Revelius Update is meant to fix this.

For your point on the spell updates, I believe that when they were changing the talents and spells it was to sustain the game until the release of the Revelius Update. Maybe from your perspective, it was unnecessary, but at least some of the earlier ones and the newer ones were needed from my perspective. Many of the changes were to balance dueling, and while I was interested in dueling, I usually thought the changes were good. Shortly after the release of the Exploration Update, duels were slow, dry, and usually came down to who could hit Meteorum first. Slowly since then, dueling has gotten better in my opinion with the various spell changes, which make it more skill- and reaction-based.

I would agree to some extent that staff doesn't listen to players' suggestions. I think recently, with the introduction of the Poltergeist team, it has gotten much better. However, I do think that whenever they are thinking of making substantial changes (such as in the Revelius Update) they do not directly ask the players what they want, which might be why this update is getting so much backlash. I think it would be very beneficial if every month or so, they gave a short forum post about some changes they are making, and have a poll asking what players like and don't like.

Next, you talk about how Potterworld is moving away from Harry Potter. I would agree with you. But I think this is both a necessary and beneficial change. Speaking personally, I joined Potterworld because I had recently read the Harry Potter series and wanted to have that experience in Minecraft. But that is not why I stayed. Over the years, my interest in Harry Potter has dropped, but I still keep coming back to Potterworld. Its not Harry Potter that makes the server special, its (corniness alert) its the community. But though the community is great, it's not enough to sustain a server: they need gameplay. I've found myself playing Potterworld less and less, because the gameplay has become very stale and repetitive. If they always stay using Harry Potter lore and ideas form the books and movies, this repetitive gameplay will not get any better. You said that you wanted them to add to the map, make new mobs, new professions, and new dungeons, but with the current system that is not enough. They need varied gameplay and interesting systems. Currently, I don't think that's the case. The Exploration Update added new mobs, a new map area, talents, and professions. Mobs are virtually all the same in the way you fight them: run up, cast spells, run away if at low health. The new map was interesting at first but didn't have many secrets. The talents tried to address the problem of players all being the same in terms of what they could do, but it wasn't enough, and most players went all in combat if they were a dueler, and all in healing if they weren't. Finally, professions were grind-fests that took dozens of hours, not to mention thousands of gold. I believe the Revelius Update will fix all of this. In terms of varied gameplay and interesting systems, there will be over 100 quests that will hopefully all bring something different and fun. The new spell tree system and gear allow players to finally express themselves and be varied while dueling.

In conclusion, I think whether or not you will like this update depends on why you play the server. Do you play it because its Harry Potter themed? Then you will probably not enjoy it. Do you play for the social aspect? You most likely will barely notice. Do you play it to explore? You will almost certainly like it, because of all the new places to explore. Do you play for gameplay? You will definitely enjoy it. I think with this update, they had to choose who they wanted to appeal to: people who play because its Harry Potter, or almost everyone else.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Don't get me wrong - I love the server - that's why I am as passionate about the changes that are currently being planned - I completely agree with Ivan with what he says - the big update all in one go really just makes it too much - changing one thing at a time - slowly testing it and refining it would make it far easier on the community that you yourself, scoobydoo, say this server is all about. There is a lot of uproar about the changes - If this update had changed/removed housing at all - I would be gone - never to return - I spent far too much time and money on my housings for it to be taken away like the brooms are. Big changes like this, make people leave - and communities dwindle, and fair enough rekindle - but why lose the players in the first place.

"If it isn't broken - Don't fix it." - A wise man, A long time ago

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Honeybadger
I agree that it would probably be better for testing if they released several smaller updates. However, I do think having a large update is necessary. There have been no updates for almost a year. But I believe this is because it is almost necessary for them to release all of it at once. To add quests and more mobs, they have to expand the world map. In order for gear to be added, mob drops have to be reworked to accommodate the new system. To add the world map, they have to change transportation and add location discovery.

Also, if you haven't seen already, they responded to all the negative feedback and will be changing a few things about the update, namely being able to keep brooms and almost all of your spells. I think this is a great idea, and I think almost everyone agrees.

But back to your post. I do think that they could have spread out the update a little more to get more feedback and testing. However, the only things that they could really separate from this update would be the professions rework and magic update. However, I do believe that the professions rework makes sense for this update because if they changed professions before reworking mobs, they would have to rework it a second time for the new drops. After all that, the only thing left that could really be separated is the magic system. But even separating that from Revelius is a little iffy. Gear will already greatly change how magic works, and wouldn't really be the same without the new magic system. Therefore, to include one aspect of the update you have to include them all without having to change things later.

You say that we shouldn't fix something that isn't broken. But aren't parts of Potterworld already broken? Professions are useless and take thousands of gold and dozens of hours. Everyone uses the same few basic spells. You don't have any reason to explore except for fun. Mobs are boring to fight, and don't give useful rewards. Graduates have almost nothing to do and become very bored with the sever.

TLDR; Potterworld is a great server, I don't deny that. But there are some aspects of it that need fixing, and Revelius will do this. You could try to separate parts of the update form each other, but they are all connected in a way that if you added one before the other, you would end up having to change a lot every time the new things were added.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Also, if you haven't seen already, they responded to all the negative feedback and will be changing a few things about the update, namely being able to keep brooms and almost all of your spells. I think this is a great idea, and I think almost everyone agrees.
No, I did not see this oop.

If they have responded and decided to change a few things, this is really good for a number of reasons!

First of all, it's good because they are listening to the majority of the server's opinions. A lot of server's don't do this, so its good to see that their taking our opinions into account!

It is also good as there are things we (the players) dislike about the update. They are modifying things for us to enjoy the server. Adding new features without ruining the all current ones (some will we ruined, but I personally am looking forward to having loads of quests to do!).

I think it's great that Potterworld are listening to our opinions. As I said a lot of servers do not do this. I still wish they'd abandon the gear idea, however I suppose it is not fair to even consider than until we have all experienced it first-hand. If the majority of people do dislike the gear even once it comes out, I wonder if the server would consider removing it, as it was apparently the biggest part of the update. It has taken ages to do, so I'm not entirely sure if they'd just remove it.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Honeybadger
I agree with you on most of what you said. It's great that the staff is listening to everyone's feedback and actually making changes based on it!

As you said, I can't see them removing gear. I hope it will turn out okay. Although it does compromise somewhat on being accurate to Harry Potter, I think that it will be a great addition and give players more individuality, as well as making dueling more interesting and diverse. I just hope that duels don't end up being decided too much by gear. Of course, gear that works well together and has a cohesive strategy with the spells a person uses should be a factor in dueling, but I hope it doesn't become too much less skill based.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Well, with the recent Revelius announcements I’d like to say a few things about my first post in this thread. I feel like many of the things I named were either changed with the recent announcements (limiting spell obtainability, profession prefixes being removed & brooms becoming bound collectables) or are simply concerns I’m outing as a first response to the update, while not necessarily seeing them as problems that can be averted right now (professions potentially not being used, travel nerfing potentially discouraging exploration). I feel really glad that these decisions have been reverted, and now feel confident to welcome the update with open arms; something I wouldn’t have been able to say yesterday morning, when I was relistening the Q&A livestream. Sure thing, the Revelius update will bring huge changes to the gameplay that will take some time to get used to, but now these changes seem to only be adding to the game rather than also taking a few things away, which I wholeheartedly support.

I do hope though that the physical fire dust problem is still being considered, but as I said in a different thread, I understand that these things can take time for the staff members to discuss. I am still very happy though with the speed at which these revelius update announcements have been published in the last few days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.