DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Revelius Q&A

What did you think about the Revelius Update Q & A?

• I'm neutral.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I agree with everyone here that all the things that I personally was pretty concerned about has been edited to, in my opinion, improve the update. However, I still have reservations about the new tournament system. What I understood of it was that you turn up with a team and there are no qualifiers - you just go straight to the finals. I assume the Arena Masters and everyone have worked out exactly how it will work, but I'm a little concerned on what will happen if, for example, 4 teams of one house turn up, but only 1 of another. Would they just go ahead with it anyway? If so, would be tournament give equal chances for each house to win points?
I think it would be somewhat like the Winter Waltz tournaments, except I think your team can only be in one house in the future tournaments. Since the Winter Waltz tournaments always seem to work out, I guess this wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Dueling is very much a team game in tournaments. All the finalists work together and try to win. However, flying is much less of a team game, since it is about each individual person doing their best, without help from anyone else. I don't really see the point in having people create their own flying teams when teams aren't as important in flying.
With the current system, a newer player who could be a future champion can be recognised in tournaments because all they need to do is turn up to the qualifiers and finals. However, if people are choosing their own teams, they may be less willing to team up with someone they don't know, since they would be less confident in their ability. Would this restrict who can compete in tournaments to just the people who are known to be pretty good?

On a more personal concern, I struggle to be online at the time when the tournaments are, because that is roughly when I have dinner. This means that I wouldn't want to team up with anyone because I don't want to let them down. Last year at the Winter Waltz, someone asked me to join their flying team, and I had to turn it down, because I wasn't confident I could make it and I didn't want to let them down. In a normal tournament, if a teammate can't make it, there are backups. However, in this tournaments, the teams would already be determined, and if one person couldn't make it, the entire team would not be able to participate. I haven't seen many people concerned about this, so I don't know what other people think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.