DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Reward 1 gold for writing "gg" after a Minigame

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
While it would encourage players to say "gg" I feel like a lot of the meaning behind saying gg would be lost. It means a lot less if you have a vested interest in saying it and everyone else is saying it.
EDIT: I am aware that other servers do this and that one g is a small number. I just respect genuineness and on other servers it is not genuine, everyone says it no matter how the game went. (1/6th of the game's gold is a lot btw)

Last edited:

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I don't see any harm in getting 1 extra gold from saying "gg", but staff will likely say that players already get gold from finishing the game and through doing the minigame daily activities.
I'd rather have double the gold from finishing a game than that 1g tbh.

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
Yeah, it has no physical value. But just having any sort of reward, even pointless, made everyone start saying gg. It goes to show that even a small reward (like 1 gold) will be enough motivation.

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Hello @Frebii! I truly apologise for the delay! I will bring up your idea with the rest of the poltergeist team and get back to you with our decision once we have discussed further! Have a wonderful day!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hi there! Apologies for the delayed response on this thread. Thanks for taking the time to make this suggestion! We really appreciate anything we get on these forums because we get to hear what players think and feel.

This suggestion has unfortunately been declined. Adding any sort of reward for saying 'gg' would remove the sincerity in saying it, which is the most important part, and players would only say this for the gold. This invalidates the idea, as players are not saying 'gg' to be nice, but rather for the gold. Players receive gold from playing minigames regardless of whether this is in place, so it does not add a lot of incentive, especially since Revelius inflation. Additionally, the other server that do something similar to this tend to use a form of karma system, which doesn't actually have any incentive and are just for show, as these currencies mean nothing and give you nothing. Therefore, a system like this is not something that we would like to add to the server. Thank you again!