DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Shorter Warp Key Cooldown

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
you can buy from the store
Staff has pretty much committed to never adding things to the store that would materially benefit a player beyond the look of cosmetics because of their interpretation of the EULA. I also share this view so imo if they were going to do it I would 100% want them to do it in game.

On the whole though I do like this idea mainly because I never understood the point of the cooldown in the first place. Maybe someone can explain to me why exactly something like this would exist? (other then "because other games do it"). It just sort of seems pointless and made to infuriate players like myself who have to wait just a bit longer to warp to one location.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Staff has pretty much committed to never adding things to the store that would materially benefit a player beyond the look of cosmetics because of their interpretation of the EULA. I also share this view so imo if they were going to do it I would 100% want them to do it in game.

On the whole though I do like this idea mainly because I never understood the point of the cooldown in the first place. Maybe someone can explain to me why exactly something like this would exist? (other then "because other games do it"). It just sort of seems pointless and made to infuriate players like myself who have to wait just a bit longer to warp to one location.
Its meant to gatekeep fast travel to encourage exploration. (Ive wrote a whole form post on why current exploration is broken so I'm not going to get into it here, but its kinda yikes) - https://potterworldmc.com/threads/why-the-exploration-aspect-isnt-working-for-many-people.6880/

Last edited:

Sof

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: oldromantics
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
This has been suggested a few times (original being here) and has been declined. As for the buying from the store part, PW doesn’t sell things from the store that benefit players in-game (it only sells cosmetics/basic things players would normally ask for), basically what @luckiestblock said:
Staff has pretty much committed to never adding things to the store that would materially benefit a player beyond the look of cosmetics because of their interpretation of the EULA.
While I think a shorter cool down would be convenient, there’s definitely downfalls (most of which have been explained on the original post’s replies).

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there ArborlyMink, and everyone who interacted with this thread! Thank you very much for reaching out to us with your suggestion! We really appreciate everyone who makes suggestions, as it gives us a chance to see what you all are thinking, or in this case we get to look back and rethink on a past decision.

When the Revelius Update came out and suggestions were made about the warpkey cooldown, it was decided that the cooldown would not be changing. However, the GD leadership team has since had time to see how the current cooldown of 10 minutes affected gameplay and travel, and how players felt after getting used to it. They re-evaluated their original decision, and I am pleased to say that they have decided to lower the warpkey cooldown to 5 minutes. This change will be complete on the next server restart. Thank you for bringing this up again to us!

EDIT: This cooldown has been changed to 7 minutes, as we have now added a second warp slot and a permanent warp to Hogsworth.