DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Speedrun of getting to London (Two Different Categories With Two Sub-Categories)

Estionese

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Estionese
Honeybadger Dark Follower
I think having a Speedrun to London Starting from the Great Hall could help people learn how to get around the room of hidden things, The Two Different Categories I think could be used is Duel Skip and No Duel Skip and 2 sub categories within that which is Ascendo and No Ascendo. The Goal of the speedrun is to start from the Great Hall and make it all the way to London. Pretty Simple, If you are doing a No Ascendo Run you can't use Ascendo, A Short phrase for the different categories could be DS (Duel Skip) and NDS (No Duel Skip)

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
speedrunning scares me ;o

While I do think this is neat, I do know there is a general lack of a speedrunning community in PW. Not a lot of people are into that kind of thing. Along with this, I don't see PW's direction going towards adding speedrunning challenges in-game. However, you could always grab your friends to see who can get the best time! :)

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hiya!

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will bring your idea up with the Poltergeist team to get their thoughts on it and then respond once we have come to a decision. Again, thank you for your suggestion and have a great day! :)

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Personally as someone who does not speedrun but sometimes watches others speedrun I don't really think Potterworld needs to make any official speedruning challenges. It just doesn't fit with what Potterworld is and appeals to for 99% of players. However it would be cool if there was some kind of unofficial speedruns and I encourage you to do that.

Last edited:

1psaonly

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: 1psaonly
Dark Follower Serpent
I love the idea of speedrunning through potterworld! I would love to one day try a speedrun of year 1 to grad, tbf it does depend on luck on how many classes there are but what's a speedrun without a lil luck? I think it would bring a great sense of grinding in the community, which with gear and the new broom system sounds like they are going through a RPG themed idea, which many RPGs have tons of speedrunning in! I think that to make potterworld more RPG like, just like the implementation of gear, making a strong centralised speedrunning community would be quite beneficial to potterworld!

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hello!

So sorry about the long wait for this reply. I have brought your suggestion up with the rest of the team and unfortunately we will be declining it. A big part of the server at the moment is the encouragement of exploration and the magical experience. We want to be sure players are going through the whole experience on Potterworld and we feel that adding a speedrun option might take away from that. We also felt that speedrun routes might become unnecessary as we continue working through the travel and exploration parts of the server.

Another reason as to why we will not be implementing this is on the basis that the speedrun community on Potterworld is extremely small, so we feel that it is unlikely many players would even use this option. However, players and groups can still unofficially speedrun things by going through a certain route or path. We do encourage players/groups to share routes with others who are interested in doing this as well.

Overall speedruns are not the direction that we would like to go in for Potterworld. Instead of implementing these, we would rather spend the time working on different and new gameplay content for the server. We really did appreciate your suggestion and would love to hear any future ideas you have. I hope you have a fantastic day!