DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Spell Changes

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I have a couple of ideas on how to improve or make some current spells better/more interesting. Some of these may be bad and unbalanced ideas :)

Devonorox
- The spell has a second radius which is 1.5x bigger than the initial black hole. This extra radius only pulls players (less powerfully) into the centre of the black hole. This would make investing in +Radius more powerful. It's also to make the spell generally more dangerous.

Confundo
- Additionally to the Nausea effect, it flips the player's screen in a 180 degree way. Think old Risiomento. Makes the spell worth using for the CC effect.

Risiomento
- Hitting a headshot doubles the knockback. Could be used as a good substitute CC/knockback spell.

Fortifius
- Each spell point added increases the damage reduction. 0/1 is level 1 resistance, 2 is level 2, 3 is level 3. Makes it more worth investing in fully adding spell points to the spell.

Resolvus
- Gives 1 second of level 1 speed boost on cast. This does disable spells for a second.

Pierolotum
- Statues have speed level 2/3. Make summoning in a fixed pattern. 1 statue summons it where the spell lands. 4 statues summons them in a square formation OR wall formation. Helps it effectively act as a defensive-type spell.

Meteorum
- Leaves an aura of fire particles that light anything that enters on fire. Helps it work as a zoning spell.

Cometes
- Leaves an aura of snow particles which slow anything that enters. Helps it work as a zoning spell.

Finite Enchantum
- No longer cleanses blindness. Finite is already a cleanse-all spell so this is to make Antioculus more powerful.

Aviforma
- Birds do more knockback. Birds do small amounts of damage already so making them do more knockback would work as a disruption spell too.

Magmify
- Creates a cast time aura which launches enemies into the air, setting them on fire. Like old Levosus put with fire. Makes it usable in the open world without being a trolling device.

Igniotempus
- Knockback is doubled. More useful as a zoning tool.

Specutelum
- Arrows are shot in a machine gun sort of fire, rather than a barrage. More controlled and rewards aim more.

Ventimus
- Pushes the enemy less up and more away. Makes the spell less predictable and gives room for versatility.

DoritoDealer

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: DoritoDealer
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Vampire
The Devonorox change seems like a good idea because transfig is already pretty limited in effectiveness so it would make it worth investing in
The Confundo change i really like, it gives another option for a type of cc, instead of sticking people in one place it confuses the enemy
The Risiomento change is also a good idea, only thing is that this would make jinx even more meta than it is now.
The Fortifius change isn't really needed, everyone maxes it out anyways because it is the most important spell to have.
The Resolvus change i could see implemented but it is already a must have spell so it doesn't seem like it is really needed and won't be changed
The Pierolotum change i can't see it really being used in dueling but maybe im wrong there are so many mobility tactics available to a player it isn't worth using.
The Meteorum change doesn't seem like it's going to be used because if you are also using things like jinx charm and curse with it that it wouldn't be used.
The Cometes change seems like if transfig finally became to be worth it then it'd be used.
The Finite Enchantum change i can't see clearly on how it'll be used, i personally don't use it but i know many others do.
The Aviforma is going to be exactly like the Pierolotum, so much mobility available that it's an easy escape.
The Magmify I can really see being used if transfig becomes a thing, but if it doesn't i can't see that.
The Igniotempus would be a decent change to try and help curse to be not one spell and you win type of thing.
The Specutelum would be interesting to see, it would be a one shot type of thing if a player doesn't have forti activated or has no mobility on cooldown.
The Ventimus change will make it exactly like propulso, except further away

These are my opinions in not even good at dueling so i'm probably wrong in some areas.

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Greetings Joel Crestello,
thank you for bringing this suggestion up to us!
I will bring forth your idea to the other Poltergeists now!
We will come back to you with our decision as soon as possible!
Have an amazing day!

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Finite Enchantum
- No longer cleanses blindness. Finite is already a cleanse-all spell so this is to make Antioculus more powerful.
This might actually have the reverse effect of what you would want. Finite has a long cooldown and not a lot of people put points in it because its not really used unless you get double CC'd. If you cast Antioculus on someone and they use Finite you can easily follow up a spell (like Paralotum) that makes them worse off than what they would have been if Finite hadn't just been casted.

As for the other changes, they're all right except for Specutelum and Fortificus. The change to Specutelum would make the cast more vulnerable and make it end up being less used. Buffing Fortificus is just not a good idea in this meta, but maybe later though.

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hi there @Joel Crestello,
We've decided to accept many of these Spell ideas, though there are a couple of them will not be implemented due to the tech needed for them or because they would not fit the spell itself.
We really enjoyed a lot of those ideas, as they would uncrease the usability of those spells, and we will add these changes in the future!

~Hektor