DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Store Suggestion!!

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
So I'm not sure about the rules of running a server on Minecraft or addons or what they allow you to do - but I was thinking it would a great profitable addition, as well as being pretty cool, to have level skips available in the store!

I feel like this would revitalize the incentive as well to restart a character and go through some of the content as a new player once you've already graduated and maxed out your level. Maybe even follow the MMO standard and have tiers? If the max level is 80, maybe there's a 3rd year skip, 5th year, and graduate. And then they're priced appropriately based on the time and energy going into those levels. If you really wanted to you could expand like some games do where you can get a discount on the graduate skip if you are already a certain level. (for example, in LOTRO if you're already level 50 you can level skip to 105 for 3500 in game points as opposed to 6500 to skip from level 1)

This also incentivizes developers to create more end-game content as well as the end game ready community grows and allows for options to new players to catch up to their friends who might have been playing for years as it isn't always fun doing content alone because the people you play with out leveled it forever ago.

Hope you guys like the idea! Would also be cool to see a level cap increase. Maybe release some after school graduation hobbies or professions to replace the class taking structure?

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Going through levels can be a slog but I don't like this idea tbh.
1.In my opinion the main reason people don't reset is because of their housing and the items in it not that it takes so long to get back to lvl 80 (or at least that's why I don't).
2. I am sure it would pass my interpretation of Minecraft's EULA but it is very much borderline.
3.If everyone became a lvl 80 graduate due to microtransactions then class attendance would drop sharply making the academics kind of pointless.
4.Finally I just don't like the idea of non cosmetic microtransactions because I have disdain for p2w and don't want Potterworld to develop any p2w aspects, neither do staff as well. Click here to see staff declining a suggestion because it would add a p2w aspect to the game.

I do like the idea of increasing the level cap (they said they will EVENTUALLY do that when they release new islands) and the idea of graduate hobbies though.

Last edited:

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
I don't like this idea either.

Adding level-skips to the store seems like IF added, it would discourage staff to lower the grind despite a lot of players are asking for EXP/level rebalance

corainth

Magician
Minecraft IGN: mothie_
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent Vampire
due to the minecraft eula I believe this is impossible anyway. the eula, in short, states that when it comes to donations you can't sell items that provide a gameplay advantage. this, I think, would count exactly as that

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @Zadanthalion ,
Thank you for bringing this idea up to us. We are always looking for ways to improve the server so player feedback and suggestions are really important to us!
Unfortunately, we will be declining your suggestion because it would add a pay-to-win aspect to the server, which we do not want and it is also against the minecraft EULA. Such a violation is not something we are willing to do, nor do we think players would like it.
Take care and enjoy your day!