DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Suggestion on warp key's and quests

8BitColours

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Skojare
Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
This might be a bit of a massive suggestion but I think it would be better then the system we have now.

The map is amazing but as I saw in a post by Heyjared, travel is a bit wack atm. Only having 1 warp key makes you travel all around the map. I get this is for players to see the amazing map but what actually happens is that players with brooms just fly over it and the players that don't have one have to navigate using the roads. It could be fun to explore it but walking the same long distance over and over again will get boring real quick. They could use the firedust system but it's way to expensive and most player are broke because they spent all their gold on gear.

My suggestion is to make some changes to the quest and warp system.

Let's use Hogsend for an example. Instead of having a lot of quest around the map that feels meaningless. Why not have a quest hub for a specific year. Let's say year 3. You go talk to x person and it's all a big mess. The train is full with ghouls and now y person can't do z thing. X does not know where the train is but he knows someone who has a map there. You talk to the person but the map and wand is broken so you have to go and fix it etc. Now the quests have somewhat of a story and imo are more fun. At the end of all this you get a warp point to hogsend. I think this system would be more exciting and makes the player go and actually see the map even if they have a broom and people without brooms will have it easier.

I know that you get a broom from a quest but I still think this system would be better and there are some flaws that you dont have any reasons to go back there when all the quests is done but I personally thing this would be better for the server.

Also make gear less expensive pls.

(I want to note that I have dyslexia so please be easy on me)

//8BitColours

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I like this idea! :) I've seen it suggested multiple times, and I think it is a very good fix in my opinion!

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Some kind of change to travel is necessary and frankly I would be happy with any positive change compared to the current system. My idea for travel is very similar to yours where you get a warp every time you complete all the quests in a year (Completing all year 1 quests unlocks Hogsworth as a warp), 8 warps for 8 years, 1 warp for each year. (though to be quite honest I would settle for 4 warps if necessary)

On your suggestion about quests I am a bit more mixed. Unless I am reading it wrong (which is a possibility I am very tired rn) your suggestion is to tie quests together with one big story line for each town. It sounds interesting but personally I prefer the current freedom where you can play the quests in pretty much any order (though I do note that the story that could be molded does have potential)For example look at the Year 7 quests, about half of them require you do the previous quest and through that a story develops between the 3 camps. Personally I don't care about story so it was just kind of annoying but maybe that is just me.

Overall interesting cool ideas! Please correct me if I misinterpreted it in anyway :)

8BitColours

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Skojare
Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
What I was meaning was having minor stories in quest hubs. Instead of picking quests you get one longer quest with or without sidequests. It could also be good for newer players lets take year 1 to learn their spells. For example you have to have Leviomora to continue the quest. I see some flaws here like not having the level req to use it but that can be fixed by the quests giving enough xp to level up.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello 8BitColours,
Thank you for your suggestion!
I will bring up your idea to the other Poltergeists, we will discuss it and get back to you with a response.
Have a great day!

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Seems nice to think about, but judging how the staff has shot down all the countless suggestions and feedback about their terrible broken travel system - they seem more attached to see how it plays out as they made it instead of adapting it to resonate with their community.

may2070

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: may2070
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I love the idea about earning warps each time you complete a quest, as it gives more players an incentive to do them at it makes them much more fun

On your suggestion about quests I am a bit more mixed. Unless I am reading it wrong (which is a possibility I am very tired rn) your suggestion is to tie quests together with one big story line for each town. It sounds interesting but personally I prefer the current freedom where you can play the quests in pretty much any order (though I do note that the story that could be molded does have potential)For example look at the Year 7 quests, about half of them require you do the previous quest and through that a story develops between the 3 camps. Personally I don't care about story so it was just kind of annoying but maybe that is just me.

Overall interesting cool ideas! Please correct me if I misinterpreted it in anyway :)
Adding onto this, I think it would be cool if there were some quests that follow a storyline throughout the years, and others that are just random and can be done on there own c:

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again everyone!
Thank you for discussing and leaving your opinions on this thread. We constantly look for ways to improve the server and therefore player opinions and feedback are extremely valuable to us, however we cannot always implement them due to other things that factor in.
The same thing applies to this thread. This thread will be declined overall as we want the quests to be spread around the world. However, I can assure you that the travel system is being looked over again and might receive some changes.
We generally want to allow players to switch between quests (which isn't necessarily possible with quest storylines), but we might also be adding some smaller quest lines, ones like the Dark Prison ones. We won't be adding different storylines for each year, however we will be looking into adding an overarching lore to our server, as well as adding quests that introduce, add to or play into this lore.
I hope this makes sense and is understandable for you!
Take care and enjoy your day :D