DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The banhammer code should be more subtle

Not_Ponzi

Magician
Minecraft IGN: P0nz1an1
Phoenix Raven
Instead of casual:
Hey player, You've been banned forever
It should have more variables studying player habits to change player behavior from the start.
A diamond isnt always a square shape...
let me explain what you've been missing, with my humblest opinion.

Your very dedicated staff line must have a good reason behind it therefore, as the PW fanbase grows due to the good new complexity of the game lenght increase, and due to the unicity of your staff line, I BEG you to read it all

You folks, will meet more situation that implies unthought glitch hacking, unevil and unintended.
You have a monitoring of click counts to rewards on tp npc that is already implented.

A diamond isnt always a square shape... but a square is always diamond!... let me explain why

Thats right, but who knows? whats the square and whats the diamond. (rules knows) now imagine being prisoneer of your own rule and retain growth, leaving a biaised perception to the player who got banned unfairly, forcing him to explain why he's shocked and cut it like that.
Because you think Glitch hack is unfair, you are totally right tho, A diamond isnt always a square shape...

I'm trying to suggest you to do something that could go into the same permaban, if the pop up still gets ignored ingame. Player education, a net, to catch some false positive.

This is what ban appeal is for, right?

This isnt the first time player has been banned forever, Skillful, talented player, that could be a positive asset, to the player base. Some of them willpower will be stronger, even the strongest, But general skillset will slowly turn into sarcasm toward this brute programming and overflow you guys.

I'm talking about potential perspectives who would have to wait, make their cause listened at several years later. :eek: Some player would give up, some wouldnt..

Where am-I going with this, sorry if some sentences are long, I'm not the best to be litteral about my thought process, The jist of it would be:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
(PERMABAN WARNING.) [make a /t create to help fix glitch]
Like a warning Ingame on like when you have a class starting typing /nc That kind of title.

So you basically have the bracket designed, in a 2 beat (min-max) thing
I'M not saying to ajust the max time a player can glitch hack,

All I'm saying is that you cannot evaluate Karma on a 2 value fork. theres a 3rd zone, a grey zone, innocent and smart and intuitive one that you folks are lacking

And this idea abide by headstaff COC as they said to me and I quote,

2 glitch abuse of the same bug is ok,
15 time isnt ok. (I cannot agree more with staff than this sentence..)

Ok so I go harsh and say 3 times too much, even if the X= might be 10 currently, I dont care.
LETS SPECULATE, in my smartest way and let me know what you think of it

Would go like:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HYPOTHETICAL PLUGIN RE-DESIGN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two strikes
Player that do 2 and report it with /t create is witty get 10 house points. (goes silent everything is HOMERUN!! - fix then gg)

Three strikes
Player that does it more than 2 (lets say 3 rewards) get a:
(PERMABAN WARNING.) [make a /t create to help fix glitch]
and theres no reward of housepoint cuz thats too late to say that

OUT
and if he do it 4 times it's like defying the popup that will look like: (You've discovered a glitch, Please report it)
just get banned the same way as it is.
------------------------------------------------------
Just see clickhacker as baseball players

Then monitor it and you have a karma based listener where the bugfinding Poltergeist wont overwork himself

Imagine if there was a grey zone on potterworld ban, one based on karma.
The way that forever thing is coded is brutal in my opinion

And I'm pretty sure other server, already knows the preciousness of that growing-better as a human, for a greater good, asset.

All I'm asking now that you have devs working for you is to make magic be magical and not so brutal, unless its a limitation of TPS, then disregard the idea.

Last edited:

Chriss

Dragonologist
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ChrissShock
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW Drooble's Order
I feel like this suggestion is kinda duplicated. As there is kind of a suggestion with the same idea-ish. That suggestion is here. :)

Not_Ponzi

Magician
Minecraft IGN: P0nz1an1
Phoenix Raven
I feel like this suggestion is kinda duplicated. As there is kind of a suggestion with the same idea-ish. That suggestion is here. :)
If I find a bug, and /t create it because I'm experienced fine.
I'm smart for finding it, I didnt dl a modified client or whahtever

Is there virtue into fly hacking client? - I dont think so, correct me if I'm wrong
Is there virtue into finding bugs? - Poltergeist exists.

Never, I talked about ban lenght or modified client:unsure:

we have unfortunately decided to decline it because we feel as if most of the time bans for the use of a Modified Client are deserved.
Therefore my completely different topic hypothesis should be reviewd by staff, in my opinion?! :]

Last edited:

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
I feel that staff should look into possibly allowing other clients as well. For example, from what I've heard, Badlion is quite similar to Labymod (correct me if I'm wrong). I know they only allow Labymod for a number of reasons, but considering others as more and more people come in would be helpful.

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
I feel that staff should look into possibly allowing other clients as well. For example, from what I've heard, Badlion is quite similar to Labymod (correct me if I'm wrong). I know they only allow Labymod for a number of reasons, but considering others as more and more people come in would be helpful.
Oh do I have a thread for you...
There's way more mods that should be allowed.

Also, is it just me or is this suggestions hard to read/understand

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya, @Not_Ponzi!

Thank you for creating your suggestion! We are always looking for ways to improve the server. I’ll bring it up to the staff team and send a response to you as soon as possible!

Have a wonderful day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @Not_Ponzi!

Thank you for taking the time and thought on making this suggestion. We're always looking for ways to help improve the server and make it a fair and fun place for everyone. After careful consideration, I've come to inform you that your suggestion has unfortunately been declined. Due to the fact that we already do this to some extent, dealing with glitch abuse is a case by case thing and is determined by a number of factors. Therefore, this sort of thing wouldn't work. Glitch abuse is a serious offense, as players use glitches to gain advantage over other players, and because of this, we do not tolerate it. It is also not possible for us to create an automated warning system for when someone is abusing a glitch, and we would rather work on fixing the glitches anyway. Again, thank you for sharing your suggestion with us, and we hope that you continue to create more in the foreseeable future!

Have a wonderful day!