DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Biggest Issue with Dueling Classes.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I guess im kinda confused what your suggesting
  • I initially figured that players should get the same type of spells for Dueling Class and came up with the idea where the Arena Masters would curate two rows of spells for everyone to use. (I didn't think about the spell books at this time).
  • Leyla came back saying that it wouldn't be possible to give 70+ spell books to every player and that lower years wouldn't know how to use the spells
  • Then I figured that maybe a Dueling Wand for Dueling Class would be a better option instead of using books.
  • Then you replied regarding limiting spells and giving specific spells makes it where there's no way to win
  • Then I suggested the Dueling Wand again - figuring that most of the useful dueling spells would be included and players could vary their spells however they want.

Anyway, this idea that I suggested is probably dead as it's likely confusing to implement and it seems like people are fine with how Dueling Classes are being handled.

Sorry for deviating from OP's post.

Maxwheell

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Maxwheell
Phoenix Serpent
  • I initially figured that players should get the same type of spells for Dueling Class and came up with the idea where the Arena Masters would curate two rows of spells for everyone to use. (I didn't think about the spell books at this time).
  • Leyla came back saying that it wouldn't be possible to give 70+ spell books to every player and that lower years wouldn't know how to use the spells
  • Then I figured that maybe a Dueling Wand for Dueling Class would be a better option instead of using books.
  • Then you replied regarding limiting spells and giving specific spells makes it where there's no way to win
  • Then I suggested the Dueling Wand again - figuring that most of the useful dueling spells would be included and players could vary their spells however they want.

Anyway, this idea that I suggested is probably dead as it's likely confusing to implement and it seems like people are fine with how Dueling Classes are being handled.

Sorry for deviating from OP's post.
Alright ty for clearing that up lol i was having a hard time following. Yeah i just think the current system is fine

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello! Although this is an old thread, I did bring this up with the Poltergeists and I am here with a response for you all. Professors are only allowed to let more experienced duelers join after a certain period of time and only happens when rounds are taking too long as this makes the class shorter and shortens the time that those waiting to duel have to wait their turn. Having multiple duels going at one time would lag the server and would not make the dueling experience as enjoyable. As such, this suggestion will be respectfully declined.