DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 91

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

Hunt for the Hidden Coupon
Feature
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by littledead

Hello lovely readers, and welcome to the Feature column. Recently Potterworld’s Store team released an exciting new feature: hidden coupons! This is a play off of Potterworld’s old use of Goblin Keys. For those of you that want an inside look at this new store feature, read on! In this article, I will give some background on Potterworld’s history with Goblin Keys, how it differs from the hidden coupon, and share some fun information about Potterworld’s store!

To start off, let's dive into Goblin Keys. What were they? What did they do? How did they work? All wonderful questions. Goblin Keys were keys that, once found, would grant you items from the store. A new Goblin key was hidden in the world once a month. However, the world was much smaller then, as this occurred pre-revelius.

With the Store team's release of hidden coupons on July 22nd, once a month a single hidden coupon will be hidden in the world that only one person can collect. This coupon grants its user $5 off any store item! Gameplay like this hasn't been seen in years! This past month, everyone was given a clue as to where they might find the secret coupon. If you were persistent enough to have found the rubber duck pet within the in-game store, then you received the following clue: "Find a special version of this cute creature around the world for a gift! Be careful though, it's hidden pretty well…". Many people felt stumped by this clue, yet after hours of searching, the most perseverant victor, _Navyy, found the coupon and won!

For those of you looking for any store recommendations, I'd definitely take a look at the recent Pirate Store Releases. One of my favorite items from the release was the Pirate Scenery. It had many hidden nooks and caves to explore! My favorite part is that if you go to the lake in the back, you can cast appareo at the bottom of the lake to find another secret area. You can host your own adventures all at your housing!

Congratulations to the Store team on such an exciting release! I can’t wait to see what the next hidden coupon has in store… get it? May the best coupon seeker win! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Developing New Horizons
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello, magicians! A few weeks ago, a brand-new Development Blog was published on the forums. This is the second blog from the Technology & Development department this year, with the first one released back in January. They’ve been working on a lot of new things, from minigames to upgrading the server to Minecraft 1.16. Let’s discuss what they’ve been up to, shall we?

The blog started off with a review of what the department has been up to so far this year.

Starting in March, the Developers and Poltergeists opened up Quabbleball for beta testing. In a collaboration effort between players and Developers, live feedback can be given upon each update. They’ve made great strides so far, and I can’t wait to see what else they do.

The department has joined up with the Arena team to host tournaments, continuing from where they left off last year. In May, they hosted a Star Battle tournament during the May the Fourth event and, starting in April, have been hosting monthly Quabbleball tournaments.

They’ve also introduced new minigame daily quests and custom recipes. While you can check out the dailies in-game right now, custom recipes were highlighted during the Pride event. With the Butterbrew and Halloween events just on the horizon, maybe we’ll see how Game Designers use this new tech!

Outside of those projects, the Website Developer position has been renamed to Javascript Developer. Originally, Web Developers would only code for Potterworld’s Admin Panel or our forums website, but this rebrand has given them more leeway. They can now code for our backend servers, API, and Discord bot. At the moment, the current members are focusing on updating the Discord bot but will be looking into the API soon!

What we’re really interested in, though, is how progress on 1.16 is going. Unfortunately, progress has been a bit of a struggle. Updating to a version of Minecraft that came out almost five years later than the one you’re currently with makes you run into problems that can get you stuck for a while. The goal was to develop new content at the same time as preparing for 1.16 so it wouldn’t need to be recoded, but the versions work too differently for this to be possible.

To overcome these issues, they’ve started coding in both versions simultaneously. While this may seem like more work, it’s been an amazing solution. Instead of having to go in and rewrite newer code that no longer works with upgrades they’re making to older ones, they already know it will work with 1.16.

I can’t say that I’m anywhere near close to understanding what all of this may or may not mean, but the innovation certainly sounds impressive. Right now, they’re working on updating plug-ins, but they will soon be merging both branches. They’re consistently hard at work at bringing us closer to 1.16, and I’m excited to see the outcome!

If you want to read more about the details of these updates, I suggest taking a full look at the Development Blog. I went nowhere close to explaining everything in detail, and it’s a great read. The 1.16 update was by far my favourite aspect of the blog, and I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for the next one to be released. Thank you so much to the Technology & Development department for bringing us these amazing updates, and have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Wonders of Broom Travel
Student Spotlight
Written by Silquer
Edited by bluecherub

Hello dear readers, and welcome to a brand-new guide in the Server Spotlight column! In the past, we have covered Potterworld’s diverse features, from housing to warp keys. However, one of Potterworld’s most unique gameplay mechanics is broom travel! Brooms are a popular way to get around Potterworld’s map, but the process of getting a broom is not quite so intuitive. How exactly do you make and use brooms? What are the benefits? If you are wondering these things, you have found the right place. Let’s take a look!

Brooms are built using materials you gather on your questing journey around the map. This can be intimidating, so let’s go over the basics of finding materials and recipes. There are four components you need to make a broom: handles, footholds, handlewraps, and bristles. To bring all of these components together, you also need a broom recipe.

This then begs the question: how does one collect these materials? You are in luck because this is the easy part! All components and recipes can be found by defeating mobs and looting the hidden chests scattered around the map. The components dropped depend on the level of the mob, and there are five different levels. For the lowest level broom, the Briskbranch, you will need to gather components from level 31-40 mobs. The Solarsweep components are dropped from level 41-50 mobs, the Apollo 5000 components can be found from level 51-60 mobs, and so on. For a list of all required components, you can talk to a Broom Vendor in all of the major towns.

Once you have all of your required materials for whichever broom you are crafting, you will need to locate a Broom Vendor who will take your components and recipe to build a broom for a fee in gold. The closest vendor to Hogsworth is the Broomsmith shop on Diagonal Lane, just across from Grimlotts Bank. Now that you have your own broom, what comes next? Well, there are still four more broom types to unlock! As mentioned before, each broom is associated with a different level. The higher the level of the mob drops required to craft the broom, the better the broom itself will be! The best and fastest broom around is the Thunderflash. This is a great goal to work up towards if you are a newer student!

Looking at all of this, you may find broom travel to be quite expensive. If you are hesitant to invest in broom travel, here are some ways it might benefit you. There are some places on Potterworld’s map that are only accessible by broom. Locations such as some mob lairs are not easily accessible by the Fire Dust Network or by Warp Key. Brooms can cut travel time spent walking in half. It is also impossible to use the Fire Dust Network to fast travel to locations you have yet to explore. To unlock new warps, using your broom is the most convenient way to travel long distances across the map. Finally, the beautiful wilderness of the map can only be traveled by foot or by broom; soaring over treetops and exploring the carefully crafted map is an entirely unique and spell-binding experience.

You can also travel faster through large towns by broom. Locations such as London or Hogsworth’s grounds are massive! Some places like these are too big to walk on foot. Thankfully, flying on a trusty broom can save you a lot of time. Lastly and, in my opinion, most importantly on this list is the fact that you undoubtedly look super cool zipping around on a broom. Broom appearances can be bought on the store to show off the incredible designs the Store team has released for you! Some of my favorites are the exclusive brooms you can earn at events, but there are plenty of gorgeous options on the Store.

I hope I have convinced you to invest in your own broom! Brooms are a great way to travel, and now that you have a better understanding of them, you will find it easier to get started. Happy exploring!

Do you want to be featured in a future Server Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be in our next Server Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

What Hogsworth Class Are You?
Lifestyle
Written by Chail3y
Edited by snotflower

Hello, dear reader! I hope you are ready for another magical quiz from the Lifestyle column of the Daily Diviner. Classes are a vital part of this server, and each one you attend can be vastly different. Today, I would like you to answer some soul-searching questions in your quest to discover what Hogsworth class you are!

Which of these is your favorite town on Potterworld?
A) Rushstone
B) Ireland
C) Riddleyard
D) Griffins Hollow
E) Walden

Question 2 - What is your favorite type of class assignment?
A) Something with detailed instructions
B) Multiple-choice homework
C) Group projects
D) A research essay
E) Something hands-on and interactive

Question 3 - If you could be an animal, what animal would you be?
A) Mandrake
B) Fluffle Puff
C) Runespore
D) Phoenix
E) Occamer

Question 4 - What magical object resonates with you most?
A) Mirror of Desire
B) Golden Swippet
C) The Aeld Wand
D) Memory Walker
E) D’Lighter

Question 5 - Which saying is a good motto for your life?
A) Some of the best things in life are mistakes
B) Take small steps every day
C) If you can't stop thinking about it, don't stop working for it
D) Always remember to fall asleep with a dream and wake up with a purpose
E) Be the change you wish to see in the world

Now it’s time for your results!

If you chose mostly A’s, then you are Potions! You may seem pretty simple on the surface or at first glance, but you are much more complex inside. Potions class may appear to be simple, but the instructions are complicated and must be followed exactly. Don’t let people underestimate you!

If you chose mostly B’s, then you are Flying! You enjoy the simple things in life and prefer to go with the flow. Flying is just a person and their broom simply flying through the air and hoops. Being flexible and able to adjust at a moment's notice is something that sets you apart.

If you chose mostly C’s, then you are Dueling! You are the kind of person that loves action. You are always on the lookout for the best strategy to do everything efficiently. Dueling takes a lot of critical thinking and is high energy and fast-moving. You have great problem-solving skills and could probably get you and your friends out of sticky situations with ease.

If you chose mostly D’s, then you are Charms! You most likely enjoy understanding the “why” and “how” behind things. Rather than simply casting spells, you are more interested in studying their mechanics. You want to gain a deeper understanding of how exactly they work instead of just what they do. Charms are very theory-based, and curious people are best suited to this class. Never lose your curiosity and never stop asking questions!

If you chose mostly E’s, then you are Transfiguration! As a child, you were probably fascinated with Animorphi or Transfiguri. You find comfort in change and appreciate the fact that you can be whatever you want in life. Transfiguration allows you to take an object and make it something completely different with the wave of a wand. You will change the world one day!

What were your results? Do you feel like this Hogsworth class suits you? This was chail3y reporting for the Daily Diviner, and I hope you enjoy the rest of this issue!

Status